Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mark's

Mark's Work Wearhouse: WindRiver Winter Jacket 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2007 1:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta

[Mark's] Mark's Work Wearhouse: WindRiver Winter Jacket 50% off

The latest Mark's Work Wearhouse flyer has a great deal on men's and women's winter jackets....WindRiver Snowstorm waterproof insulated jacket (assorted colours and sizes S-2XL) for $64.99 (50% off the regular price of $129.99).

Features include:

Rugged ripstop polyester and PVC coated shell provides waterproof protection
All seams are taped to ensure jacket is waterproof
Midweight polyfill insulation throughout body and sleeves for additional warmth
Adjustable velcro cuffs
Inner security pocket
260 gram fleece lining for warmth and comfort
2 way zipper with front placket and velcro closure keeps out wind
Tricot lined collar and chin guard for comfort
Removable hood for versatility.

http://www.marks.com

Sale ends on October 17, 2004.

Dave
27 replies
Deal Addict
May 20, 2002
2058 posts
38 upvotes
Are there any good deals on a down-filled, 3/4 length blizzard parka? All the coats I have seen advertised since last winter seem to assume that we will always have mild winters.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1715 posts
267 upvotes
C-53
^^ i aint never buying anything from these guys again... total rip off..

i bought a jeans pant and after only 1 month the zipper broke off :evil:
Please thank me if you find this helpful
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
doomhammer wrote:^^ i aint never buying anything from these guys again... total rip off..

Did you return them?
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Jul 10, 2004
15 posts
Thanks for the post!
I also have the $20 off $50 gift card for the new Agincourt location only. This will work great for it.
Banned
May 5, 2003
4879 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dreamcatcher wrote:CT owns mark's work wear. So should be reputable.
Can one use CT gift cards at Mark's?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1037 posts
480 upvotes
I bought one of these last year and the zipper broke 3 weeks later. Don't waste your time or money on one of these POS jackets.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
Miguel wrote:I bought one of these last year and the zipper broke 3 weeks later. Don't waste your time or money on one of these POS jackets.
Was that a WindRiver branded jacket? I have a WindRiver 3-in-1 jacket....it's pretty good when it gets really cold....at temps lower than minus 15 deg C.

Dave
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
By CT do you mean Canadian Tire? I would like to know if we can use CT gift cards also! We could have saved 20% off our recent purchases :(
Feb 16, 2004
882 posts
111 upvotes
So THAT's why they were giving out Mark's flyers at the CT!
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Miguel wrote:I bought one of these last year and the zipper broke 3 weeks later. Don't waste your time or money on one of these POS jackets.
I'll ask you what I asked the other guy, did you return it? You should have.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
May 20, 2002
2058 posts
38 upvotes
Unfortunately, the CT gift cards clearly state that they can only be redeemed at a CT store. Here are a few options to get an extra 20% off on winter coats:

- Sears' $64.99 Men's Retreat parka. I hate it when all these retailers misleadingly inflate their initial prices to claim "50% off the regular price" when the item wasn't even available to buy before! :evil:
- Zellers' $69.97 Men's Grizzly by Kodiak Down Filled Parka. I don't like it when retailers claim "Manager's Special", "Comparable value" of $99.97 & "Limited quantities. Sorry, no rain checks." :confused:
- Zellers' $69.97 Men's Grizzly by Kodiak Poly-fillled Jacket.
felix wrote:I would like to know if we can use CT gift cards also!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
doomhammer wrote:^^ i aint never buying anything from these guys again... total rip off..

easy access for the wife.. =P j/k

never really bought anything except for a touque (yes, it's a hat).. so no complaints from me yet..
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
May 20, 2002
2058 posts
38 upvotes
With most cities having had a snow warning, what were the best-value winter parkas that you have bought? Sam's Club has a parka made in China for around $59, while Liquidation World has a Men's Reversible Winter Jacket for $39.99.

[QUOTE]- Sears' $64.99 Men's Retreat parka. I hate it when all these retailers misleadingly inflate their initial prices to claim "50% off the regular price" when the item wasn't even available to buy before! :evil:
- Zellers' $69.97 Men's Grizzly by Kodiak Down Filled Parka. I don't like it when retailers claim "Manager's Special", "Comparable value" of $99.97 & "Limited quantities. Sorry, no rain checks." :confused:
- Zellers' $69.97 Men's Grizzly by Kodiak Poly-fillled Jacket.[/QUOTE]
Oct 9, 2005
332 posts
Newmarket
I would really like someone to reply to this,
Do you think this jacket is warm and good enough for the upcoming winter?
Thanks alot
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1392 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dreamcatcher wrote:CT owns mark's work wear. So should be reputable.
You mean "CT owns mark's work wear. So they USED to be reputable" LOL
Oct 9, 2005
332 posts
Newmarket
nwmrkt wrote:I would really like someone to reply to this,
Do you think this jacket is warm and good enough for the upcoming winter?
Thanks alot
Bump, someone whos seen this jacket in person or knows, answer please!
Aug 4, 2004
534 posts
11 upvotes
You know this thread dates from 2004, Mark's seems to be having the same thing on sale again one year later.

I bought one on Thursday, the store I went to only had a few left. I am not sure if it is the same at all the stores. Jacket is the blue one. The exterior is water resistant, seems to have a pvc or rubberized sheathing mixed in with polyester. Liner inside is cotton fleece with a large pocket and a small pocket(cell phone), has a good strong zipper with velcro to cover up the zipper. Has a detachible hood(zipper) with fleece liner and the arms have velcro strip around the wrists to tighten to stop water, snow getting in.

Good overall construction, but it seems fairly thin on insulation? The tag says the fill is 100% polyester, but the rating on the tag says insulation is rated as high for effectiveness.

I am no expert but for being outside in -10 to -25 temps it will be fine. If it gets to -40 I wear my Arctic goose down filled Parka anyways.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
nwmrkt wrote:Bump, someone whos seen this jacket in person or knows, answer please!
This should be available in-store too... why not go and try it out if you're unsure?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)