Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Marley Coffee Real Cup Deal

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2017 10:40 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
dztraw wrote: Is there a reason why the police haven't gotten involved?
Wife works for one of 3 big banks and they rarely involve the Police as it would end up in the public domain which CC companies do not want= bad press. Ppl would be amazed and shocked to discover how much CC fraud is occurring and I always try to use PP when buying online= double protection and techs @ bank highly recommend it.
It's usually the smaller companies/ websites that hackers target.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2654 posts
1789 upvotes
Edmonton
Add me to the list. Couldn't figure out where I got compromised. This makes the best sense
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Temp. Banned
Jul 11, 2011
4978 posts
3330 upvotes
Ontario
Rlcky wrote: I think the OP has something to do with the compromised.

Look at his profile.

Brooksagogo [OP] Newbie Join Jun 5, 2016 ( 5 posts, 72 upvotes) and he create his thread on July 14 and last seen since Jul 28, 2016 6:56 AM.
...that'd actually be a good con --> not saying that this is what the OP did, but...

You lure people into a can't pass up, steal-of-a-deal.
Sell them a desirable product at a great price.
Collect up all their CC info.
Then let the games begin!!!
Sep 21, 2008
494 posts
31 upvotes
YYZ/YUL
I ordered on August 2, just stumbled on this thread. I went back and checked my credit card history - no fraudulent charges. However, I did travel in early September, and my cc company flagged a hotel, blocked online use of my credit card, and called me to discuss the charge. I was supposed to call them back to unblock the card, but forgot for a few weeks. Maybe thats why I haven't had any fraud on my card? Either ways, I'm going to call my cc company to issue a replacement card
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3416 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
Placed 2 purchases on separate days.

Nothing out of the ordinary on my CC.... yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Kinki wrote: Placed 2 purchases on separate days.

Nothing out of the ordinary on my CC.... yet.

I'll advice you to call you cc and ask for a replacement.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Jul 3, 2003
157 posts
113 upvotes
I stumbled on this thread again and after reading about all the fraudulent charges, I did some digging myself and I ordered in mid July and my TD Visa cc that I used had a fraudulent charge of approximately $7,000 at Costco.ca. I had the TD mobile spend app on my phone so I got notified immediately. I called right away to report it. Definitely a trend going on here.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1352 posts
689 upvotes
Hmmm... do I take a risk on the sitewide 50% offer (promo code HOLIDAY50)?
Jan 9, 2015
31 posts
19 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Password wrote: Hmmm... do I take a risk on the sitewide 50% offer (promo code HOLIDAY50)?
Huge possibility of identity theft for cheap coffee. How are you even questioning this?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1352 posts
689 upvotes
shawnt2014 wrote: Huge possibility of identity theft for cheap coffee. How are you even questioning this?
Because "cheap coffee." Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

I don't think the worry is really identity theft, more like the inconvenience of having your credit card compromised and having to wait a week while the issuer sends a new one. At the end of the day, I don't think any of us who got taken in September lost anything out-of-pocket as the fraudulent charges were caught and stopped (or reversed) by the issuers.

And frankly, if the issuers -- with all their access to data -- didn't identify RealCup.com as a potential threat and we did, then it's on them to cover their losses.

Still haven't ordered, but I do have a bunch of items in my cart...
Jan 9, 2015
31 posts
19 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Password wrote: Because "cheap coffee." Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

I don't think the worry is really identity theft, more like the inconvenience of having your credit card compromised and having to wait a week while the issuer sends a new one. At the end of the day, I don't think any of us who got taken in September lost anything out-of-pocket as the fraudulent charges were caught and stopped (or reversed) by the issuers.

And frankly, if the issuers -- with all their access to data -- didn't identify RealCup.com as a potential threat and we did, then it's on them to cover their losses.

Still haven't ordered, but I do have a bunch of items in my cart...
I meant to say low cost coffee. I love Marley.

If you read my post in the other thread as well as in this one the result was not simply an inconvenience. I had my address used to mail $5000 worth of who knows what, and my signature forged at Canada Post by two criminals. They had access to my home address and would have come to claim their items had I been home and received the package instead of being delivered to the post office. It was a month long hassle that brought fear and confusion to my home. It also cost me 2 months of Equifax and stole several hours on the phone and in store with Visa, RBC, and Canada Post.

But hey, I got $100 off of coffee!

You should buy their coffee. It's a great deal. :facepalm:
Dec 10, 2007
101 posts
174 upvotes
Winnipeg
I don't mean to bump this up, but my card was compromised yesterday to the tune of $1900 from an online merchant in Quebec. I had bought into the original Marley coffee deal and my experience is consistent with the many others on here. Needless to say, it seems like the fraud is still going on.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
milan2552 wrote: I don't mean to bump this up, but my card was compromised yesterday to the tune of $1900 from an online merchant in Quebec. I had bought into the original Marley coffee deal and my experience is consistent with the many others on here. Needless to say, it seems like the fraud is still going on.
What I did, I've placed my order and once my order got shipped i called my cc and asked for a replacement.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Nov 27, 2003
296 posts
106 upvotes
My surprise is that the police doesn't get involved but it's as surprising that people are willing to save a few bucks despite such a high risk to their identity and finances.
Jan 11, 2017
12 posts
18 upvotes
I just stumbled upon this posting and it rung a bell. I ordered Marley coffee from this site last Aug. 3rd and on Aug. 29th my CC was compromised. Another coincidence - I doubt. Will be avoiding this site like the plague.