• Aug 4th, 2015 8:47 am
Tags:
None
Jun 13, 2005
167 posts
1 upvote
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 4:52 am
I can get you a link from the email which was sent a couple of weeks ago, and expires in mid-Feb. but, I'll need to get onto a PC to search my emails, as I'm currently on the road.

Otherwise, perhaps some other good Samaritan may pass by before I get back to you. :-)
Can you please PM me the link as well? Thank you.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3297 posts
1162 upvotes
I'm not at my PC yet, but almost there.

Meanwhile, in case you're not familiar with this card, it is very difficult to churn, only having seen a couple of posters reporting some form of churning success. So, there's really no point to apply unless you're a first time applicant for this card.

MBNA and Amex also softly claim that their card promos are for 'new applicants', but from my experience they really sort of just mean 'as long as you don't currently carry the card'. With MBNA I've churned the Best Western card 3 times in 14 months, with the most previous time being a few weeks after canceling the previous card.

Amex, on the other hand, are more preferential in approving you as long as you wait 6 months after canceling, before reapplying (egs, Amex Gold Rewards, Biz Gold Rewards, and I believe also their Aeroplan Plus cards).

Chase however, takes home the top award for being the stingiest in the churn category. They will let you reapply, and in fact keep your card account available for reactivation up to 6 months after you've cancelled. But they not allow you to take home the sign up promos. They are a tough nut to crack.

Which is why I'm bewildered that they have sent a 50K sign up email to me, 4 times in 4 months since cancellation of the Marriott Visa...tempting me with that dangling carrot, yet I can't have a second bite of it. :(
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
3643 posts
775 upvotes
"Which is why I'm bewildered that they have sent a 50K sign up email to me, 4 times in 4 months since cancellation of the Marriott Visa...tempting me with that dangling carrot, yet I can't have a second bite of it."

I have received those Marriott offers as well. I called them and asked, thinking they have changed their policy. No dice.
Feb 10, 2012
71 posts
38 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Please pm me the link if you still have

thanks
Nov 4, 2007
879 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone please PM me a link as well for the 50,000 points offer?

Thanks!
Feb 5, 2011
72 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough
Can you please PM me the link as well?

Thanks
May 20, 2006
155 posts
11 upvotes
suki55 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2013 11:46 am
Can you please PM me the link as well?

Thanks

Look up 1 post and click the link.
Jul 15, 2012
48 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton
I just applied over the phone and confirmed that "X2FP" is still valid for 50,000 pts. I did get approved instantly and never had any issues. Now I will wait for the card in the mail.
Mar 25, 2012
35 posts
3 upvotes
Ajax
Got instant approval as well. I applied back in June but application was rejected but this time called and instant approval.
Nov 8, 2007
574 posts
199 upvotes
Edmonton
Shadow Rider wrote:
Jan 1st, 2014 4:31 pm
Hm there's nothing in this contract that actually talk to 50K pts. DId this offer expire already?
same here looking for the 50k everywhere and cant find it.
Jan 23, 2005
44 posts
2 upvotes
I just did the same thing. They said the best offer they had was 30,000 points. I mentioned the code X2FP and they said it was valid for 50,000 points and approved me for the card.
May 20, 2006
155 posts
11 upvotes
Shadow Rider wrote:
Jan 1st, 2014 4:31 pm
Hm there's nothing in this contract that actually talk to 50K pts. DId this offer expire already?

This code was supposed to only be valid until Dec. 31/13. It never had any mention of the 50k points.