Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

The Martian (book) - $1.99 Google Play US

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2015 11:56 am
Tags:
None
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7185 upvotes
Calgary

The Martian (book) - $1.99 Google Play US

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
For those with US Google account, this is a fantastic deal for an excellent book before the movie comes out.

To get the deal on Amazon, go to their mobile app on Android or iOS, select US as the country, and search for it. Standard desktop sites show $8 but mobile app shows $1.99 for me.

[QUOTE]Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars.

Now, he's sure he'll be the first person to die there.

After a dust storm nearly kills him and forces his crew to evacuate while thinking him dead, Mark finds himself stranded and completely alone with no way to even signal Earth that he’s alive—and even if he could get word out, his supplies would be gone long before a rescue could arrive.

Chances are, though, he won't have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old "human error" are much more likely to kill him first.

But Mark isn't ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills—and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit—he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. Will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?[/QUOTE]

Movie Trailer
Images
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3254 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
this looks pretty good, i wonder if i should read the book and ruin the movie lol.

its also 1.99 on kindle usa as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1266 upvotes
ShylocK wrote: this looks pretty good, i wonder if i should read the book and ruin the movie lol.

its also 1.99 on kindle usa as well.
Id go with the book first. Though honestly, the audiobook is probably the best... It, World War Z, and The Road are the 3 best audiobooks i have listened too, that gave a better atmosphere than reading.
Nov 5, 2007
152 posts
68 upvotes
Winnipeg
Book is good. Just be prepared for 100 pages of...have I not already read this? Then blam the amazing ending!
Aug 22, 2003
269 posts
69 upvotes
Burnaby
Many people do not realize this, but the first edition of this e-book was originally written for the public domain and self published by Andy Weir for free on his website. He has a note in the last page of that 2011 version saying distribution is permitted as long as it is free. Then in 2014 the book was purchased by crown publishing and somehow crown was able to delete many of the free versions out on the net & they disappeared. I have a copy of the original free version, but I don't want to get in trouble with crown for distribution so I won't post or share it. But if you are good with google I bet you can find one out there somewhere. It is an awesome book with curve-balls every page, and I am looking forward to the movie.
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7185 upvotes
Calgary
morris_the_cat wrote: Many people do not realize this, but the first edition of this e-book was originally written for the public domain and self published by Andy Weir for free on his website. He has a note in the introduction that this version is free to distribute. Then in 2014 the book was purchased by crown publishing and somehow crown was able to delete many of the free versions out on the net & they disappeared. I have a copy of the original free version, but I don't want to get in trouble with crown for distribution so I won't post or share it. But if you are good with google I bet you can find one out there somewhere. It is an awesome book with curve-balls every page, and I am looking forward to the movie.
This is true but at the same time $2 is not much to ask to support the author; on the other hand Andy Weir is probably doing very for himself as it is on the Amazon bestseller.
Oct 14, 2012
84 posts
25 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Very good book. I'd suggest reading it / listening to the audiobook before seeing the movie. The movie looks like it'll be very good as well, but it won't be able to go into detail like the book.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
Fantastic book, a no brainer for $2.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1111 posts
1893 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Bah, it shows as $9.99 for me :( Missed it I guess.
Nov 7, 2010
31 posts
3 upvotes
Awesome book, I would definitely recommend it. Movie looks great too.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3470 posts
728 upvotes
GTA
Awesome book, will probably skip the movie the instant I feel it doesn't live up to the book.
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7185 upvotes
Calgary
Amazon deal is dead-ish but Google Play deal is still live. You need to have US Google account to see it.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10922 posts
5458 upvotes
Toronto
book probably better than the movie will be.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)