Entertainment

Marvel Black Widow solo film (screenwriter and director hired -- previously hinted by Feige)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 7:31 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Black Widow solo Yay or Nay

• Total votes: 31. You have voted on this poll.
Yea! Love Black Widow! Love ScarJo!

35%
Yea! If Marvel films it, I'll watch it

26%
Nay! More interested in another character Vision/Scarlet Witch/Falcon/Nick Fury

10%
Nay! Black Widow as a supporting character is enough

26%
I'm with joe_greps, superhero films suck!

3%
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9771 posts
2127 upvotes
Toronto

Marvel Black Widow solo film (screenwriter and director hired -- previously hinted by Feige)

Not something terribly urgent for me (maybe not even Feige) but that's the one movie character that hasn't already had their own solo movie that Feige says Marvel is most committed

"Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is black widow."

http://deadline.com/2016/05/kevin-feige ... 201750467/
Last edited by jenviea on Jul 12th, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16938 posts
1355 upvotes
Woodbridge
At work so can't post YouTube link.

Insert Family Guy cut scene of Avengers questioning the need for Black Widow. LOL

Love her but she brings nothing to the bid screen.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1855 posts
324 upvotes
Maybe a few years ago, yes. But we've had her for a lot of movies now, I wouldn't mind seeing another female character headlining her own movie. Captain Marvel...or maybe female Thor?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8053 posts
924 upvotes
Victoria
I'd go. I think she's done an excellent job as Black Widow. She's always the backup in a support role. I'd like to see her headline her own gig. I think she's earned it. Give her a film :)
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11335 posts
2184 upvotes
Ottawa
I'd go, just because there is some much they could tell for her story. It would be more of a spy thriller with great fight scenes
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
obviously the movie would be a spy thriller(i hope) and should be heavily based on comics based on her. instead of trying to go full out original story. when i think of what a black widow movie might look like, i think of the movie salt with angelina jolie.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23338 posts
616 upvotes
Toronto
brandonl wrote:
May 6th, 2016 9:42 pm
obviously the movie would be a spy thriller(i hope) and should be heavily based on comics based on her. instead of trying to go full out original story. when i think of what a black widow movie might look like, i think of the movie salt with angelina jolie.
Exactly!
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
984 upvotes
Vaughan
This is just their response to Wonder Woman being the first female superhero lead movie.

Just like how Civil War was only made because of BvS.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
6767 posts
2553 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Don't think it's necessary as ScarJo has pretty much been playing a supporting character in a number of Marvel movies now (Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers). Although a background story would be interesting I think it can be better explored via Marvel television (Agent Carter / Agents of Shield) rather than a big budget film. They've kind of already explored it a bit through Agent Carter via Liviathon.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
511 upvotes
GVR
squadz wrote:
May 8th, 2016 11:30 am
This is just their response to Wonder Woman being the first female superhero lead movie.

Just like how Civil War was only made because of BvS.
You mean after Catwoman, Aeon Flux, and Elektra?

If anything, the Captain Marvel movie might have been a response to WW getting a movie.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
984 upvotes
Vaughan
UnCeo wrote:
May 8th, 2016 7:07 pm
You mean after Catwoman, Aeon Flux, and Elektra?

If anything, the Captain Marvel movie might have been a response to WW getting a movie.
Yeah, those movies were all great /s

This movie will do as well as Hulk did. These characters don't work on their own, they're supporting cast for a reason.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6332 posts
302 upvotes
GT'eh
She can't carry a solo flick, wouldn't watch either, rather see WW or Scarlet Witch.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9771 posts
2127 upvotes
Toronto
A year later after this thread started, it doesn't look like a BW film is any closer to reality but Ragnarok actress Tessa Thompson has incepted Feige with the idea of a female heroes teamup
She even cited an obscure comics precedent Lady Liberators

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-ladies-of-t ... 1819446856

IMO it could work