Entertainment

Locked: Marvel Phase 3: Cap3, DocStrange, GotG2, Black Panther, CapMarvel, Inhumans, Avengers

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2016 3:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Tilda Swinton confirms she will play The Ancient One.
http://screencrush.com/tilda-swinton-do ... interview/
The idea of playing The Ancient One is really just too tickling. I can’t say no to that!
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Teaser for Captain America Civil War from D23.

R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: Teaser for Captain America Civil War from D23.

Here is a well-made fan-made fake leaked Full Teaser Trailer for Captain America: Civil War (without the sound of the audience in the background) ;) :

Did you notice at around the 1:44 mark in the trailer the backshot of a dropping from the sky Iron-Spider Suit for Spider-Man, just like the one that was given to him by Tony Stark in the Comicbook version of Civil War?

Since this is a fan-made compilation trailer...I like that he included a shot of Spider-Man without his classic Spider-Man costume.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Scorpionsy wrote: Here is a well-made fan-made fake leaked Full Teaser Trailer for Captain America: Civil War (without the sound of the audience in the background) ;) :

Did you notice at around the 1:44 mark in the trailer the backshot of a dropping from the sky Iron-Spider Suit for Spider-Man, just like the one that was given to him by Tony Stark in the Comicbook version of Civil War?

Since this is a fan-made compilation trailer...I like that he included a shot of Spider-Man without his classic Spider-Man costume.
While Spider-Man was an important piece in the comic Civil War, I doubt we'll see him with the Iron Spider suit but we can hope.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: While Spider-Man was an important piece in the comic Civil War, I doubt we'll see him with the Iron Spider suit but we can hope.
Yeah, I doubt it too...but it was so cool seeing him for a couple of seconds in that shiny Iron-Spider armor in the fan-trailer. But anyway, fingers crossed...you never know.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19237 posts
17863 upvotes
GTA, ON
Haz wrote: Also, Emily VanCamp will return to reprise her role as Sharon Carter (Agent 13).
http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/05/em ... civil-war/

[IMG]http://goo.gl/S4Ruk9[/IMG]
This is pretty cool. Thanks for the info. Didn't realize this since I don't read the comics, so this is quite enlightening. So now I'm wondering, could she be Peggy's grand-daughter (since both sister & niece would be chronically out of the question) based on her age?
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
chimaican wrote: This is pretty cool. Thanks for the info. Didn't realize this since I don't read the comics, so this is quite enlightening. So now I'm wondering, could she be Peggy's grand-daughter (since both sister & niece would be chronically out of the question) based on her age?
Originally, she was Peggy Carter's younger sister but has since been retconned as Peggy's niece (or was it great-niece?).

Marvel has yet to actually make any connections between her and Peggy in the Cinematic Universe.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Footage from Marvel's D23 event minus the Civil War teaser and Doctor Strange concept art.

R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Guru
Dec 28, 2004
10554 posts
38136 upvotes
Cap's team is underpowered. They're screwed.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Jouvert wrote: Cap's team is underpowered. They're screwed.
I totally agree....Iron Man's team is way more powerful...especially with his Mark 46/Bleeding Edge Armor.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Scorpionsy wrote:
Jouvert wrote: Cap's team is underpowered. They're screwed.
I totally agree....Iron Man's team is way more powerful...especially with his Mark 46/Bleeding Edge Armor.
These concept art pieces must be old as they don't include the Scarlet Witch and late comer Spider-Man. For all we know there could be a few surprise Inhumans that could give Cap's side a little more muscle.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4770 posts
210 upvotes
Guelph
scarlett witch and spiderman will be team captain america for sure. plus i agree that some of the inhumans should appear.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Mark Ruffalo said Hulk was in the Civil War script but was cut because Marvel didn't want to reveal where Hulk was just yet.
http://www.badtaste.it/2015/09/03/venez ... ar/141347/
Google Translate from Italian wrote:Because it's still missing is not known where. I thought that I would be in the film, but in the end evidently believe that reveal what happened Hulk is something too big, and Marvel wants to use this information later. My character had been inserted in the script, but then it was taken away. Who knows, maybe Hulk will never return. However, they want to keep the revelation of what happened a secret, because it is something really big.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Nice. That concept art of war machine looks really bad ass. Love that armor.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
I hope the central plot of this Civil War isn't really about superhuman registration. It doesn't make any sense in MCU though it didn't make much sense in the comics either. And really, in MCU, besides maybe Spider-Man, Black Panther and Winter Soldier, which characters have a secret identity that the US government doesn't know about? They would have to build up the Inhumans pretty quickly and force movie-goers to keep up with the AoS.

Also, the fight would last all of 5 minutes with The Vision on Stark's side. And that's with Cap's team having a 4:55 head start.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
We know that Joaquin Phoenix was in the running to play Doctor Strange but here's an interview where he talks about turning it down.
http://www.timeout.com/london/film/joaq ... tional-man
There was talk of you playing Doctor Strange for Marvel, but the role went to Benedict Cumberbatch. Would you ever be up for making a big film like that, or even a ‘Star Wars’?

‘Sure. When I was younger I was probably a bit of a snob about that. But they’ve gotten better. I’ve flirted with several of those films, having meetings and getting close, but ultimately it never felt like they’d really be fulfilling. There were too many requirements that went against my instincts for character. I’ve been spoiled. I’ve never had to make those compromises. I’ve not met a director yet with one of those films where we go through the script, they say: “You know what, f#ck this set-piece, let’s focus on the character!” I understand, but it’s best I don’t do it.’
Marvel has been pretty protective of their characters and how they want them portrayed (generic chatty white guy :razz :) and loads of stipulations of showing up to film however small a scene when called upon and number of movies on the contract so I can see why Phoenix turned it down.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Guru
Dec 28, 2004
10554 posts
38136 upvotes
Elizabeth Olsen: 'Civil War' Is Marvel's Darkest Movie Yet

[QUOTE]For those hoping that Captain America: Civil War would be a return to the lighter tone of earlier Marvel movies after this summer's Avengers: Age of Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen has some bad news: this one, she promises, will be even darker.

"I think it's going to be the best one," the actress, who made her Marvel debut as the Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron, told Premiere about next year's third Cap installment. "I am very excited to see it myself — I only worked on set for five weeks, so I wasn't there for the majority of it. Daniel Brühl is an incredible actor and he's playing the main villain in it, and he's incredible."

Brühl was announced as being part of the cast of the movie last November. Although Marvel has yet to officially identify the character he'll be playing, it's believed he'll be playing Baron Zemo, a longtime nemesis of Captain America — originally, the character responsible for the hero ending up encased in ice — who played a small role in the original Civil War comic book.

"It's a movie about people, as opposed to robots this time," Olsen continued. "So it's darker and it's allowed to be darker because it gets more in the mindset of humans rather than machines."[/QUOTE]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
That's not really saying much as none of these movies have even been remotely dark.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)