• Dec 10th, 2017 1:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5378 posts
1393 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Well, in this time line, looks like Thanos won.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8803 posts
1865 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting they named dropped Sharknado 'cause so far AoS season 5 feels like the Asylum version of Guardians of the Galaxy
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5378 posts
1393 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
chimaican wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:52 pm
Well, in this time line, looks like Thanos won.
Is this going to be a half season arc or a full season arc? I quote myself because I'm wondering if they'll find a way to connect this to Infinity Wars like how they connected (though always minor) to Thor 2, CA2, and Avengers.

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26886 posts
6387 upvotes
GTHA
chimaican wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:37 pm
Is this going to be a half season arc or a full season arc? I quote myself because I'm wondering if they'll find a way to connect this to Infinity Wars like how they connected (though always minor) to Thor 2, CA2, and Avengers.
According to Cinema Blend, this season will feature another set of multiple arcs, just like the last season.

The first 'arc' will be 10 episodes.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10372 posts
662 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Another "no likey" vote here. It's really weird.
Jun 29, 2010
810 posts
176 upvotes
I liked it. I had no idea what to expect after the soldiers took them away, but they've just been ripped out of their comfort zone and into very hostile territory.
I can't say very much without spoilering, since every question I have would reveal something.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4004 posts
557 upvotes
Aurora
I thought it was OK. By transporting the team "far away" from current Earth events, it feels like another Framework-like story in that the things that happen to the team in their new isolated environment really have no effect on the rest of the world as we know it (re: upcoming Infinity War). The writers can write whatever they want on AoS and there is no longer any need to reconcile with the rest of the Marvel universe, which AoS hasn't been successfully doing for a while now anyway.

Pretty good as a stand-alone story. It felt a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy. I almost thought that "scoundrel" guy was Peter Quill for a second.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1326 posts
200 upvotes
I enjoyed the premiere. A bit different than what I expected to be, it was a nice surprise. I hope they can get more tie ins to the movies this season,but I don't think that's happening.

I like how they explained that SWORD doesn't exisit in the universe. Awwww.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5378 posts
1393 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:37 am
I like how they explained that SWORD doesn't exisit in the universe. Awwww.
Yet.... :D

I figure they'll tie it into the show somehow after Infinity Wars. SHIELD will now need an outer defense from external threats.

Jun 29, 2010
810 posts
176 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:37 am
I like how they explained that SWORD doesn't exist in the universe. Awwww.
They winked at it though, with YoYo's comment where she thought SHIELD had something in space called SPEAR.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1326 posts
200 upvotes
Psychopathetic wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:51 pm
They winked at it though, with YoYo's comment where she thought SHIELD had something in space called SPEAR.
That's the comment I was referring to. :)
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2049 posts
262 upvotes
Finally watched the premiere, I hope this will tie into the upcoming movies somehow. That was what made agents of shield interesting... what happens between the movies!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2049 posts
262 upvotes
I guess it can't be old man fitz saving the day.. perhaps his son?.. or robot form?