• Mar 2nd, 2022 7:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
The trend these days seem to be to give shows a final, albeit shortened, season. Works for me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
I just watched the two finale episodes yesterday. I thought they were much to busy and I really couldn't keep track of what was going on and the Fitz and Simmon's expose on what happened to them was confusing, other than the most basic and broad strokes. Just too much going on for me to fully enjoy. I'm glad the agents all got happy endings, especially Fitz and Simmons. The final virtual get together was kind of a letdown.

Anyway, I'm sad to see the series go. I've been a fan since the beginning and watched every episode. It's been a very good ride.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3367 upvotes
final 2 ep was the worst of this season. Looks like they tried to tie things up but didnt quite manage to be convincing. So Quake didnt die or get maimed, despite the explosion (2 meters from her) taking out out 3 giant motherships, and she survived being in outer space until she was frozen. Was this really the best they could do?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19235 posts
17863 upvotes
GTA, ON
badOne wrote: final 2 ep was the worst of this season. Looks like they tried to tie things up but didnt quite manage to be convincing. So Quake didnt die or get maimed, despite the explosion (2 meters from her) taking out out 3 giant motherships, and she survived being in outer space until she was frozen. Was this really the best they could do?
I agree it was a bit of lazy writing there. Too many assumptions.

In terms of hypothesis, we know that Quake can with her powers produce a powerful shock wave that can surround her. If they had shown her using those powers as she was blown out into space during the explosions, thus producing a kind of shielding (as any debris or energy would be deflected), that maybe would have made it more believable.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8291 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: I enjoyed the series finale. It did wrap everything nicely with no loose ends.

My only disappointment is that it never rejoined the MCU. I was hoping after they (Marvel Entertainment AoS) went their separate ways post Avengers: Civil War (Marvel Studios) in terms of continuity that they'd somehow find a way to tie it back into the MCU and the Infinity Wars / Endgame. Oh well, but I'm still satisfied.
Guess you missed how Fitz used the Quantum Realm, which comes from Antman and Wasp + Endgame?
If that's not MCU, what is? With this said - I was totally hoping for a Nick Fury cameo or something.

Yeah - Sad it never lived up to hype of being part of MCU.
Am I the only one who would not have had a problem with recasting film actors?
They did it with several characters in the films - why not TV?
Much like how we don't have only one artist drawing the characters for comics, I'd be willing to suspend disbelief for different actors playing TV versions of characters.
As fun as this show was, it just didn't have enough Nick Fury.
Obviously, Samuel Jackson isn't going to do that, so why not someone else?
Just hated how they side stepped boatloads of SHIELD mythology due to this, and other characters (like Captain America).

Like others have said, I found myself fairly confused with how everything was tied together.
I think this was due to forgetting lots from previous seasons (I blame weed).
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3367 upvotes
heh the chronocoms were able to target shield facilities and the Avengers were nowhere to be seen, or heard from. It's almost like the TV series wasnt allowed to show or talk about the characters from the movies. I dont believe they ever mentioned Iron Man, the capt america or hulk at all in the last 7 years.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1275 posts
888 upvotes
ON
When you mess up with time, everything becomes logicless.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
badOne wrote: heh the chronocoms were able to target shield facilities and the Avengers were nowhere to be seen, or heard from. It's almost like the TV series wasnt allowed to show or talk about the characters from the movies. I dont believe they ever mentioned Iron Man, the capt america or hulk at all in the last 7 years.
There were many things AoS were not allowed to use. The earlier seasons they couldn't say Kree. Worked around it with by saying blue people.

https://www.eonline.com/ca/amp/news/117 ... nd-the-mcu

This season they mentioned Bruce Banner when there was a kill list while they were in the 80s.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19235 posts
17863 upvotes
GTA, ON
jenviea wrote: Disney+ has announced AoS, as well as all the Marvel Netflix shows will be on their platform March 16 in the US as well as the previously announced Canada

https://www.slashfilm.com/783855/the-ma ... -controls/
Netflix Marvel is new.

AoS was always in D+ Canada
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!