• Jul 1st, 2018 12:41 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
brandonly wrote: not really. the movie does its own thing and doesnt connect alot to the building up of plot towards infinity war.
Agreed. BP kind of does its own thing without building up Avengers plot...
BUT
Clearly from trailers a significant battle portion of Infinity War takes place in Wakanda, so I’d speculate there’ll be characters and nods in Infinity War that you’d miss or not get without having seen BP.

It also happens to be a damn good movie.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Preorders for the Bandai's SH Figuarts Avengers Infinity War went live last night and preorders were fully booked instantly. Still having a hard time to get Black Panther preordered. That one is a little harder to get due to its web exclusive status. Hoping to snag a preorder for the more expensive American release. The added accessory does justify the added price.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Mike15 wrote: Agreed. BP kind of does its own thing without building up Avengers plot...
BUT
Clearly from trailers a significant battle portion of Infinity War takes place in Wakanda, so I’d speculate there’ll be characters and nods in Infinity War that you’d miss or not get without having seen BP.

It also happens to be a damn good movie.
And IF the soul gem ends up being tied to Wakanda, then it would be good to have watched Black Panther before Infinity War.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
what exactly is that blue glowing cube that is in Loki's hands? Why is it significant?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: what exactly is that blue glowing cube that is in Loki's hands? Why is it significant?
It's the Tesseract, vessel for the Space Stone, one of the six Thanos is looking to collect for the Infinity Gauntlet.
Feb 24, 2018
967 posts
687 upvotes
^^^ Black Panther is probably a top 7 or top 8 of Marvel films, I think it's worth watching even if it's on DVD.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: It's the Tesseract, vessel for the Space Stone, one of the six Thanos is looking to collect for the Infinity Gauntlet.
You mean the infinity stone is inside that cube?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Likely inside, but will shall see.

The real question is where is the soul stone.

Also, when the heck are the tickets going up?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1343 posts
324 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
soul stone is obviously underneath the caverns of wakanda.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10170 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: what exactly is that blue glowing cube that is in Loki's hands? Why is it significant?
The cosmic cube has been a significant item of power in the comics.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
brandonly wrote: soul stone is obviously underneath the caverns of wakanda.
They're in Wakanda because Cap wants to protect The Vision and the Mind Stone.
https://www.cbr.com/avengers-infinity-w ... -revealed/

Recently, the comic Soul Stone was an entire orange planet so that's been a popular theory. It's been in the trailers and Iron Man is seen on it.
http://www.slashfilm.com/is-avengers-in ... ain-sight/

R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Haz wrote: They're in Wakanda because Cap wants to protect The Vision and the Mind Stone.
https://www.cbr.com/avengers-infinity-w ... -revealed/

Recently, the comic Soul Stone was an entire orange planet so that's been a popular theory. It's been in the trailers and Iron Man is seen on it.
http://www.slashfilm.com/is-avengers-in ... ain-sight/

CBR has been so frustrating to read. Before clicking on their Soul Gem article, their little snippet of the article already spoils what stone is in Wakana. It's not the first time they've done this. Add to the fact that their opinion pieces are ridiculous and clickbait-ish, I'm ready to stop reading that site.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Haz wrote: Kinda looks like a cross between the Extremis and recent Iron Heart armour to me.
I think they've confirmed that it's the Bleeding Edge armour in the movie.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
rebel_rfd wrote: Also, when the heck are the tickets going up?
Could happen tomorrow with the new trailer...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)