Toronto

Marvel's Avengers Infinity War (formerly Part 1) May 4 2018

jenviea wrote:
Oct 28th, 2014 2:40 pm
It's official.

Captain America 3 is the first flick in Marvel's cinematic Phase 3

• Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5th, 2017

• Thor : Ragnarok on July 28th, 2017

The Russo brothers have closed their deal to direct the sequels (their Sony deal notwithstanding) back to back according to Devin Faraci

http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/23/the- ... inity-war/
Last edited by jenviea on Mar 23rd, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16689 posts
378 upvotes
Im more interested in what they are going to do for phase 4 at this point
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26244 posts
6074 upvotes
GTHA
Marvel Will Shoot Both Avengers: Infinity War Movies Together

"So from late 2016 to summer of 2017, every actor involved with this massive production will have their lives dominated by Marvel. This Avengers: Infinity War shoot schedule is essentially the Marvel equivalent of the Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit movie shoots. However, given how connected these movies will be, it makes sense that the filming would occur all at once rather than take a long break in-between."
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2014
1255 posts
239 upvotes
Burrowborough
squadz wrote:
May 7th, 2015 1:41 pm
Meaning theatres will only show it in IMAX? or am I misunderstanding?
It's better to down scale from IMAX to regular format than the reverse, plus they are "going to spend the next 15 months or so designing the making of the Avengers films with these cameras in mind", which I'm sure will include framing that is flexible enough not to cut off any critical action in the small screen version.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13922 posts
884 upvotes
squadz wrote:
May 7th, 2015 1:41 pm
If that's the case, they won't be getting any money from me - not interested in IMAX, I'll just torrent it.
I'm sorry, but how can you not be interested in IMAX??
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7961 posts
785 upvotes
Ottawa
I wonder how closely Marvel will follow the "Infinity Gauntlet" storyline from the comics (as I assume that's what the basic script is based off of)? We already know they take liberties to simplify the universe (such as having Iron Man be Ultron's creator instead of Ant Man) so wonder how faithful the Infinity Stones story will be to the comic version (which to be honest was quite out there to begin with...)
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
Ojam wrote:
May 7th, 2015 10:06 pm
I'm sorry, but how can you not be interested in IMAX??
Not interested in paying more for it. If it was the lowest price, sure, anything extra and no thank you.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10562 posts
579 upvotes
Scarborough
squadz wrote:
May 8th, 2015 8:20 am
Not interested in paying more for it. If it was the lowest price, sure, anything extra and no thank you.
I would say that makes sense if the film wasn't made in IMAX although generally IMAX greatly enhances the movie theatre experience.

This film will be shot completely in IMAX so it will be worth it. Your just one of the people who think certain features don't enhance movies and its price gouging. In most cases, yes, but in this case, they have a valid reason to ask IMAX pricing.
uber_shnitz wrote:
May 8th, 2015 1:44 am
I wonder how closely Marvel will follow the "Infinity Gauntlet" storyline from the comics (as I assume that's what the basic script is based off of)? We already know they take liberties to simplify the universe (such as having Iron Man be Ultron's creator instead of Ant Man) so wonder how faithful the Infinity Stones story will be to the comic version (which to be honest was quite out there to begin with...)
It will be whatever makes sense for the movies. Everyone is so caught up on the comics and they should match the comics but like you said, its so out there. That means it won't be the same. The worse decision they could make is to follow the comics. 1) Everything becomes predictable 2) You will NEVER live up to expectations.