Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1280 posts
2699 upvotes

Mass Effect Andromeda - March 21, 2017

Slated to release March 21, 2017, on Xbox One, PS4 and PC..
Last edited by Youff1 on Jun 15th, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."
158 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
455 upvotes
They better not screw this one up. There's no way they will be able to replace the ICONIC Commander Shepard.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5608 posts
581 upvotes
Grimsby
Sure they can, Shepard was a simple insert for people and was very bland most of the time for that reason. They can easily replace it. I'm more interested in the gameplay aspects, the focus on world exploration again is exciting but not if we're talking about the sort of static, boring landscapes from Dragon Age Inquisition.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2895 posts
213 upvotes
After my mixed impressions with Inquisition, I'm going to be really careful with this one. I get the feeling they will almost certainly make it the same format as Dragon Age . The video shows some very large landscapes already, and some of them (like the first one in particular, the desert-like area) look worryingly similar to Inquisition. Funny, the sight of wide-open expanses now scares me more than it excites me.

If this turns out to be the same as Dragon Age (I hope not but I get the feeling it very much will be), I might avoid it altogether. I don't have the energy or time for another over-sized and redundant grind-fest.
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
5560 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
All I want to know is if there is multiplayer co-op, if there is then I will buy on release day otherwise I will wait until it hits $5 on a steam sale.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
5560 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
If that is true then that is a disappointment, it really should be multiplayer co-op throughout the game including the campaign and not just some crappy horde mode. I hate RPGs but I love the ME series, even the first ME after 6/7 years can still hold it's own against recent AAA blockbusters.

In a game where you typically have to carry around 2 AI NPCs, multiplayer co-op is just a natural fit so when it is not in the game it seems like a glaring omission. The first game, I can understand that there is no multiplayer just to keep things simple, when the 2nd one came out I was ready to buy on release day but then I found out that there is no co-op multiplayer so I held off until it hit $5.

When the 3rd on came out, again I was ready to buy it on release day and yet again I find out there is no multiplayer co-op so again I waited and bought ME3 when it hit $5.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
455 upvotes
Me and a lot of other people will disagreed with you. The only way multiplayer or coop will work for me is for instance one player play as Commander Shepard and the other takes over the one of the NPC squad members(like Jack, Miranda,Garrus ect) during a mission.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
5560 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
99% of the game is doing missions, if someone wants to be sheppard and walk around the ship trying to mack on NPCs then I will go take a pee break and come back when the mission starts.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1280 posts
2699 upvotes
New trailer.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7192 posts
2768 upvotes
Toronto
Youff1 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2015 10:13 am
New trailer.

not much to see in that teaser. definitely not a trailer as it didn't show anything.

i'm definitely looking forward to getting this on PC tho.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
455 upvotes
I love these kind of trailer. Almost put tears in my eyes. I think it's well done and it was good to hear my Femshep voice once again. A bit of Sunshine soundtrack and Contact intro. Don't mess this one up Bioware.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1280 posts
2699 upvotes
Actual gameplay! From Playstation Conference -
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel