• May 13th, 2017 7:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Personally I still subscribe to the indoctrination theory, so the only "right" ending in my head was whichever one which ended up with your Shepard breathing in the rubble afterwards.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1768 posts
407 upvotes
Unionville, ON
BYan wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 10:56 am
Personally I still subscribe to the indoctrination theory, so the only "right" ending in my head was whichever one which ended up with your Shepard breathing in the rubble afterwards.
We will never know as Bioware seriously dropped the ball on the ending, thanks EA! Although, you could argue that the extended free DLC that came out as a result of the massive backlash negates the rubble ending that we got...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to ME Andromeda, reason being is I had a lot fun with the ME3 multiplayer, even if it was just a glorified horde mode. I remember playing hours upon hours as it was so easy to pick up casually. The progression system for ME3 was very basic so you could pick it up and play for a couple of hours without worrying that you'd be behind on unlocks, etc. So, hopefully, MEA retains this feeling.

Besides, looking forward to seducing some sexy Asaris hehe... alien blue smurfs for life!! :D
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2047 posts
71 upvotes
Anybody else feel the game looks lack luster? I mean these are just YouTube vids but not seeing any exciting. This is coming from the worst impulse buyer.
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8
Gigabyte Z170X
32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3400
Asus Strix 1080 GTX
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3131 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
jdmkidd wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 11:02 pm
Anybody else feel the game looks lack luster? I mean these are just YouTube vids but not seeing any exciting. This is coming from the worst impulse buyer.
As a new Mass Effect fan, I think it actually looks more approachable to the general public. The action looks fast paced, and apparently they even did away with the need to press a button for cover - your character automatically snaps to cover now.

I do find it weird that EA gave the game such a short marketing lead time. I guess they figure ME fans would buy regardless, and the rest would be impulse buyers or casual gamers who know the brand. Last time I saw that was Fallout 4, and that had its ups and down.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2047 posts
71 upvotes
I replayed ME2 over and over and over. Not as much as replaying Dragon Age Origins though. I think I'll wait for a sale, I'll eventually play the game no doubt.
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8
Gigabyte Z170X
32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3400
Asus Strix 1080 GTX
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5080 posts
1559 upvotes
Toronto
I just realized how bad the timing of this game is for me. I'm a huge ME fan but I'm an even bigger Zelda fan so there's no way I'm picking this up while I'm deep into BOTW. Hopefully it turns out great and I can pick it up for cheap on Origin by the time i'm done with BOTW.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5819 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
Yeah same here. I can play Zero Dawn and maybe sketch in some Zelda time but that's it. I love ME but this will have to wait.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3131 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
I think the biggest loser in March will be Ghost Recon Wildlands... What a great time to be a gamer though!
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
2989 posts
476 upvotes
GTA
Have this preordered for $50, otherwise I think it's going to be a massive let down. Feels rushed too.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5080 posts
1559 upvotes
Toronto
jarko wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 1:48 pm
Have this preordered for $50, otherwise I think it's going to be a massive let down. Feels rushed too.
Well the last big game they released was DA:I in 2014. Not sure how much resources go into those Star Wars MMORPG updates but I imagine most of their resources were being put towards Andromeda. I thought DA:I was pretty good despite some flaws and repetition so if this game is as good or better I'll probably enjoy it
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5859 posts
1229 upvotes
I pre-ordered Andromeda but the March titles I am most hyped to play are Zelda and Nier Automata.
Horizon is releasing at the end of February and right before the launch of the Switch too.

I will make time to play Andromeda but I will probably play through it very slowly in between other games.
I am currently playing Tales of Berseria, Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2 and Nioh and have not progressed far in the later three.

RE7 and For Honor have short campaigns so I might try to finish one of them today.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7795 posts
867 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 1:56 pm
Well the last big game they released was DA:I in 2014. Not sure how much resources go into those Star Wars MMORPG updates but I imagine most of their resources were being put towards Andromeda. I thought DA:I was pretty good despite some flaws and repetition so if this game is as good or better I'll probably enjoy it
Well to be fair, DAI was in November 2014, so less then 2.5 years in between but I don't see that as a problem. Gotta remember that Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 came out 1 year apart (2009 and 2010 respectively) and those two were excellent titles.

I mean so far all the preview hype vids have been pretty good, the combat looks rather sweet. My only concern will be the characters and the plot... as well as silly, shallow or tedious side quests which were the main problems DAI suffered from. But I'll probably get it and play it on release unless the reviews tanks, I've kind of given up on my PS4 for the time being and I'm not playing on getting a Switch anytime soon so I don't have Horizon or Zelda to distract me with.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4666 posts
799 upvotes
Milton
where's the best place to pre-order deluxe edition? amazon.ca with the pre-order discount?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1350 posts
3026 upvotes
EA Access trial is now available to download and play. Presumably the same for Origin Access. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

44 GB.
"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."