72 posts
59 upvotes

Massage Chairs - BB and Costco....40-50% off

Price:
2500-3000
Savings:
40-50%
Hi - not sure if these are good deals.

A chair that costco.ca used to sell for $5k is now $3k. And a chair that Bestbuy.ca has showing normal price of $5k is now $2.5k. [edit on Oct 13...sale at costco still ongoing, not sure when that price ends. Sale price on IC-4000 at BB now increased to $3k]. They're icomfort chairs and reviews are few and far between. I tried two similar models (though neither the same) in a local business and he said that unfortunately (for him) those prices were lower than he could sell. Interestingly, I loved the feel of one of his, and very much disliked the other. So, a little discomfiting to buy such an expensive item, with so few 3rd party reviews, and even very little information about specs and not be certain it'll feel good/fit me.

Your text to link here...

It's a stupid luxury, with a very questionable/impossible pay-back period, but I'm taking a shot on the costco one. The idea of morning and night massages is just too tempting to resist (massages are just about my favourite thing). And if it's really a 3d L-track with a good stretch mode (which it seems to be?) then I'm hoping it will be amazing. The fact that it's costco gives me a little peace of mind too as, if it's terrible, I'll have options (to return). The costco one also included shipping and "white glove" delivery which usually means placement in desired room and set-up/garbage removal. Only down side so far is 3-5 weeks for delivery.

If anyone has first hand experience with the icomfort ic-1150, and is willing to humour me, please pm me as I'd love to email you some questions. Not even a call to the importer/distributor in Quebec was able to get answers to many questions :o( Or, if you know first hand differences between those two, please feel free to pm me those as well.
Last edited by Perc on Oct 8th, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
49 replies
Oct 8, 2009
730 posts
217 upvotes
Kitchener
The Best buy one mentions heat, does the costco one have heat?
[OP]
Jun 8, 2008
72 posts
59 upvotes
according to the Costco details it does...
Apr 28, 2007
194 posts
25 upvotes
Regina
Perc wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 12:45 pm
according to the Costco details it does...
Checking icomfort.ca it makes no mention of heat. It does for other models.
[OP]
Jun 8, 2008
72 posts
59 upvotes
I see that. Then again, the info on their website is pretty spotty. Another seller in Quebec has details on their webpage which match those on the costco site, which indicates heaters.

Aug 11, 2008
718 posts
169 upvotes
How is this compare to above, on sale right now

https://m.costco.ca/iComfort-IC6500-Massage-Chair.product.100359697.html
[OP]
Jun 8, 2008
72 posts
59 upvotes
I'm not sure - I can't even see the IC-6500 on the icomfort website. The more expensive one has the waist and shoulder airbags so I think probably holds you in the chair more and can also then do the stretch modes more easily. But, like other things, I find it really hard to compare these massage chairs b/c details and reviews are so sparse.
Apr 17, 2012
228 posts
201 upvotes
CALGARY
Biggest concern is the 1 year warranty. Panasonic and Inada offers 5 years. Pretty expensive purchase for just 1 year of warranty.
Oct 8, 2009
730 posts
217 upvotes
Kitchener
EuroTrance88 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 3:13 pm
Biggest concern is the 1 year warranty. Panasonic and Inada offers 5 years. Pretty expensive purchase for just 1 year of warranty.
Does Costco sell extended warranty on these?
[OP]
Jun 8, 2008
72 posts
59 upvotes
Inada is way out of my price range, Panasonic too.

As for reliability, a guy named Alan Weidner posts lots of videos about massage chairs (and runs a business down south selling them) and he says his experience is Inada and Panasonic have a low 1% breakage rate while he figures the Chinese made ones are more like 5%. So for the price of an Inada, you could buy two or three cheaper ones.

Plus, the one year warranty is the full coverage (including service). The warranty for parts is longer. And these are modular construction and it's pretty easy to swap out parts. As for extended warranty best I could do is use a credit card so hopefully extends it somewhat if ever required.
Apr 17, 2012
228 posts
201 upvotes
CALGARY
Perc wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 5:35 pm
Inada is way out of my price range, Panasonic too.

As for reliability, a guy named Alan Weidner posts lots of videos about massage chairs (and runs a business down south selling them) and he says his experience is Inada and Panasonic have a low 1% breakage rate while he figures the Chinese made ones are more like 5%. So for the price of an Inada, you could buy two or three cheaper ones.

Plus, the one year warranty is the full coverage (including service). The warranty for parts is longer. And these are modular construction and it's pretty easy to swap out parts. As for extended warranty best I could do is use a credit card so hopefully extends it somewhat if ever required.
Fair enough. Panasonic one goes on sale all the time at visions. Last week they had the $7000 one for $3000. I was gonna get one but I am gonna wait till Black Friday to see if there is a better deal lol...
Apr 17, 2012
228 posts
201 upvotes
CALGARY
keyser-soze wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 3:43 pm
Does Costco sell extended warranty on these?
Not sure. I can be wrong but I thought it was only on TVs. You can use your credit card that has extended warranty to double it.
[OP]
Jun 8, 2008
72 posts
59 upvotes
I saw last week Visions had the EPMA70C, normally $8,250, on sale for $6,500. But that still was not really apples to apples to the ones in my price range (but I bet feels pretty great).

And a couple weeks ago Visions also had the EP30004K, normally $6,400, on sale for $3,500. That might be the one you mean. It's been on redflagdeals before at around $3,200, going way back. I think it's a less thorough feature set (and older, though not sure how important that is, as everyone's favourite is the Inada Dreamwave which is many, many years old as well).

Both those are s tracks (rollers only cover the back), though, and I really wanted L track (in order to also have rollers cover the butt, piriformis and top of hamstring).

Thousands of people have viewed this thread, but nobody has said they've used the IC-1150 or IC-4000. Maybe massage chairs are not popular enough (or just too expensive) to get comments(?).
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39195 posts
1359 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Perc wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 9:30 pm
I saw last week Visions had the EPMA70C, normally $8,250, on sale for $6,500. But that still was not really apples to apples to the ones in my price range (but I bet feels pretty great).

And a couple weeks ago Visions also had the EP30004K, normally $6,400, on sale for $3,500. That might be the one you mean. It's been on redflagdeals before at around $3,200, going way back. I think it's a less thorough feature set (and older, though not sure how important that is, as everyone's favourite is the Inada Dreamwave which is many, many years old as well).

Both those are s tracks (rollers only cover the back), though, and I really wanted L track (in order to also have rollers cover the butt, piriformis and top of hamstring).

Thousands of people have viewed this thread, but nobody has said they've used the IC-1150 or IC-4000. Maybe massage chairs are not popular enough (or just too expensive) to get comments(?).
At these prices, I would get the OSIM uDeluxe massage chair.
**BRAND NEW** APC Back-UPS 650VA 7 Outlet $65
**Reg $90+tax**

Silver Coins | APC Back-UPS 650VA | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback