Hot Deals

Massage Chairs - BB and Costco....40-50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 10:10 am
Feb 7, 2011
3 posts
2 upvotes
Kahnawake
I own an IC1150. Here is a few answers to questions I have seen.

1) it definitely has heating on the back. It gets pretty warm as well.

2) what many did not mention, but was very import for me when I tried it the different models was that it has foot massage (underneath your feet) vs a lot of models just have airbags at your Calfs.

3) I tried out the dreamweaver. Beside being almost three times the price I found that it hurt my back. I did not like it. I preferred the iComfort.

4) $3000 from Costco is a very good price for an 1150.

5) I have used it every day in the past 2 weeks that I got it. Some observations:
- it has helped circulation
- I sleep better (which is important for me as I work in a very high stress environment).
- it works extremely well to help relax my muscles (I play volleyball).

Overall, my Gf, my family and I have been very happy with the iComfort 1150. We tried many different models.

I hope this helps.
Feb 7, 2011
3 posts
2 upvotes
Kahnawake
penguindude wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 10:03 am
i see. i should probably go and test these chairs first before spending thousands on it
Highly recommended to try it first. As your experience will not necessarily be the same as the guy next to you. I had though the top end dreamwave would be the bomb, but was very disappointed.
Jan 3, 2007
62 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know which Costco location has this chair so i can try it? Thanks
Jul 26, 2017
8 posts
6 upvotes
Artaiw wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 2:33 pm
Nice chair but very pricey.
Walmart has a more practical and affordable shiatsu ( link below) it was on Costco's website before ( item number 1202995 ) but is now gone, also out of stock on Walmart.ca. Hoping it will go back in-stock and on sale soon as it could be the perfect gift for my wife! I spoke to Costco, it's apparently back in-stock sometime next week... fingers crossed

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sharper-im ... 0197676585
Nov 3, 2008
504 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Damn. I missed this thread originally. I had also seen the icomfort 6500 on sale at costco.ca (online only, you can't buy these in store) and took a chance on it. For $2,000 it seemed like a great deal. Unfortunately while it does almost everything, it does none of them well. The best I can say it that for a massage chair it was a decent size and has a nicer look than most. The massages aren't very good. But, that's ok. I wasn't expecting them to be great. I just wanted to be able to sit in the chair and get a good calf massage daily. Unfortunately that's not very good either. It squeezes, but it doesn't feel like it's loosening the muscles. I had tried an old Panasonic model and after 10 minutes my calves would feel great. This thing does nothing for me. I've already put in a return request. Just waiting for the delivery company to call and set up a pickup date.

Anyone else have a good recommendation. Happy to pay more, if it feels great.

However if anyone needs a good foot massager I can fully endorse https://www.amazon.ca/InstaShiatsu-Heat ... dpSrc=srch I paid a lot less than $350, but it's a great product regardless of price! To be fair I probably wouldn't have bought it at full price, but with hindsight I wouldn't have regretted it if I did. Unlike this chair which I would feel sick if I was stuck with it for $2k. It really gets the job done.