Expired Group Deals

Massdrop - Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies headphone amp and DAC - US 799.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2015 2:50 pm
Jan 5, 2003
740 posts
63 upvotes

Massdrop - Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies headphone amp and DAC - US 799.99

Massdrop has the awesome Woo Audio WA7 headphone amp and DAC for US799.99. There's an option for the WA7tp tube power supply for US$320 more (more than a worthwhile upgrade IMHO), otherwise it's very competent with the included stock solid-state power supply. Shipping to Canada is US 64.93. Not sure about Canadian taxes but I imagine one would have to pay them, just like when getting the amp directly from Woo Audio.

The price may seem absurd to a non-audiophile, but to the initiated this amp/DAC combo is an outstanding piece of gear, with little to no competition in this price segment, especially when the amp is used with Electro Harmonix 6C45 tubes as opposed to the stock Sovtek's and the WA7tp power supply unit. I paid quite a bit more for mine and don't regret it a bit - it is an absolute auditory nirvana running directly from my computer via USB and driving nice headphones (I use Audeze LCD-XC and Sennheiser HD800). Does wonders for good desktop speaker systems too when they are hooked up to the 1/8 mini-stereo jack on the amp - I ran the Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 and Kanto Yumi + SVS SB2000 sub, breathed a whole new life into the sound I thought I knew. Super-compact too and looks amazing on any computer table.

The amp is dead silent, absolutely no background noise whatsoever, from either the 1/4" or 1/8" out, even with super-sensitive IEM's like Etymotic ER4P. The sound is amazingly detailed, effortlessly powerful and superbly dynamic. There's little options for tube rolling, which is probably not that bad since you won't have to spend tons of extra money to satisfy your curiosity. In my experience the EH 6C45 tubes with the amp are a great upgrade, provides even more clarity, deeper bass and faster decay. The WA7tp adds even more amazing dynamics and makes everything sound even more alive. But even in the stock form, the WA7 is superb for anyone who has really good headphones and enjoys audiophile sound.

There are plenty of reviews on the net and specialized forums like Head-Fi.org Had I not got mine already, I'd be all over this deal, especially now that I know what amazing sound it has.

Manufacturer's product page

[IMG]http://usr.audioasylum.com/images/2/298 ... free4.jpeg[/IMG]
2 replies
May 6, 2014
126 posts
93 upvotes
Granby, QC
man if that was $cad i would be all over this deal
exchange rate is so harsh atm
Feb 11, 2007
255 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
Too bad the Canadian dollar has gone to *****. Pass

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)