Tags:
None
Sep 16, 2010
294 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
habsfan321 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2012 1:49 pm
Thanks OP, applied for the card (third time taking advantage of a similar promo). Open new card, get freebies (ereader, 10000 points, etc), wait three months, then close and merge limit with existing (main) MBNA card. I'm sure they love me ;)
Do you mean that you have more than 1 MBNA Sony Mastercard? Just wondering if I should cancel my existing Sony MC from the ereader promo and apply for this new one or just apply for a new one and have 2 of them. Can someone please advise? Will the 2nd one go through? Thanks in advance !
May 6, 2009
76 posts
96 upvotes
Aurora
I have 3!!! You don't need to cancell...just make sure you keep track of each, and ALWAYS pay them off ASAP!
Nov 16, 2004
952 posts
11 upvotes
does anyone have and use this sony google TV ?? why do you like it .....just wondering how useful it is......
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1057 posts
616 upvotes
torspiker wrote:
Sep 17th, 2012 1:56 pm
Do you mean that you have more than 1 MBNA Sony Mastercard? Just wondering if I should cancel my existing Sony MC from the ereader promo and apply for this new one or just apply for a new one and have 2 of them. Can someone please advise? Will the 2nd one go through? Thanks in advance !
No, I have one main MBNA card (similar Smart Cash). All my old Sony cards have been closed. What I meant was when you close an MBNA card, if you have other accounts with them, you can merge the limit with your other MBNA card.

For example: $1000 limit on Smart Cash card, $500 limit on Sony card - you can close the Sony card and request for them to transfer the limit over to the other card, giving you a new 1500 dollar limit.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5215 posts
181 upvotes
Calgary
BobSagget wrote:
Sep 17th, 2012 1:35 pm
There's a video on YouTube showing someone hacking/rooting this exact model(NSZGS7). Can't find the instructions on how to do it though.

Would be pretty nice if you can root this and put XBMC for Android on it.
if this is possible ill sign up for sure....
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
1537 posts
296 upvotes
GCR is great canadian rebrate site.
You can get a rebrate if you register through them.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
13541 posts
16107 upvotes
BuyItNow wrote:
Sep 17th, 2012 2:36 pm
Anyone can explain what is GCR $60?
GCR is a rebate site. It's censored on Red Flags so that's why there is no direct link. A simply google search will find it.
You sign up, find the offer for this specific credit card on their site and click on the link. You will be redirected to the credit card application form.

Basically what happens is MBNA sees you signed up through GCR and pays them a referral bonus. In turn GCR pays part of that bonus to YOU ($60).
Mar 7, 2005
510 posts
60 upvotes
Thanked! Never really tried this, but have been looking for a media player (as I still play mine through my 5-yr old OPPO dvd player). I have all the CC I need, but for $60 cash back and free media player, I'm game. I moved recently, so no problem getting $150 on this. Seems like a long time to get this all set up, but from other's experiences, seems legit. (30-days for approval/get card I guess, make qualifying purchases, wait for bill/pay for qualifying purchases, wait 8 weeks for points to hit your account, apply for media player, and I assume it's not instant to get). Oh, well...we'll see how this all works out. Will probably cancel the card once everything is said and done.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
1611 posts
220 upvotes
Nova Scotia
What are people using this for exactly? Streaming?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
1903 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
just applied for one. how exactly do we request to get the player after we buy $150 worth of stuff from it?
Nov 6, 2011
241 posts
38 upvotes
Kelowna
nuwan32 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2012 3:16 pm
just applied for one. how exactly do we request to get the player after we buy $150 worth of stuff from it?
it happens automatically, you don't need to request anything
× < >