Maternity leave / allowance federal public service

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2018 1:43 pm
[OP]
May 29, 2018
1 posts

Maternity leave / allowance federal public service

Hello,

I have a question regarding eligibility for the maternity allowance when changing departments.

I've been a full-time federal public servant for two years. If I switch departments and start a new position while pregnant, do I have to be in the NEW position for six months before I can recieve maternity allowance/leave? Or since I have already been within the fed. public service for 2 years (both departments salaries paid by the treasury board), is that sufficient?

Wondering if anyone has experience with this as I couldn't find this particular info online.

Thank you!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1318 posts
506 upvotes
OTTAWA
Switching departments is fine. Agencies and Crown Corps may be more complicated.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5225 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
So you chose to ask rfd vs calling compensation? Really?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1318 posts
506 upvotes
OTTAWA
greg123 wrote:
May 31st, 2018 5:59 pm
So you chose to ask rfd vs calling compensation? Really?
I guess you don't work for the federal government so this may shock you but there is nobody to call in compensation anymore. The government decided to mostly automate pay functions and the IBM designed software doesn't work so the few workers left are too busy to answer the phone.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8160 posts
781 upvotes
fogetmylogin wrote:
Jun 4th, 2018 1:51 am
I guess you don't work for the federal government so this may shock you but there is nobody to call in compensation anymore. The government decided to mostly automate pay functions and the IBM designed software doesn't work so the few workers left are too busy to answer the phone.

Correct. There is no HR department to call.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)