Request-A-Deal

Mattress Deal and which one is the best?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2009 9:41 pm
[OP]
Sep 11, 2007
12 posts

Mattress Deal and which one is the best?

Hello Guys,

I have heard that on mattresses there are huge profit margins. Can you guide me as to which one of mattresses is the BEST DEAL available in the stores right now.
10 replies
Aug 25, 2002
405 posts
90 upvotes
Montreal
Bought mine online at Costco.ca. Happy with the mattress and the price I paid.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2763 posts
178 upvotes
I don't know if this is the best deal out there. But Sears has SEARS-O-PEDIC
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
257 upvotes
Vancouver
I saw that bed, but isn't $1300.00 the regular price and not a sale price considering that no one in their right mind would pay $2,600.00 for a mattress?

[quote="rain" post_id="8444878" time="1237359279" user_id="23101"]I don't know if this is the best deal out there. But Sears has SEARS-O-PEDIC
[OP]
Sep 11, 2007
12 posts
amazing to see that you have identified the same mattress which I bought yesterday. I got this 2183 sy esquire plus mattress Queen size for $850.

it shows a damage code of D2 and another code was 316. does anyone know what this code means in sears.

thanks
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
257 upvotes
Vancouver
muhammads wrote:
Mar 20th, 2009 5:13 am
amazing to see that you have identified the same mattress which I bought yesterday. I got this 2183 sy esquire plus mattress Queen size for $850.

it shows a damage code of D2 and another code was 316. does anyone know what this code means in sears.

thanks
What do you think of your mattress?

Okay for making love?
[OP]
Sep 11, 2007
12 posts
due to my old age, i was counting on the mattress for reducing my back ache. remind me and will let u know after few weeks of use
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
257 upvotes
Vancouver
muhammads wrote:
Mar 20th, 2009 8:50 pm
due to my old age, i was counting on the mattress for reducing my back ache. remind me and will let u know after few weeks of use
A few weeks is coming up. ;P How is it? You did by a used one so maybe it's not as good as a new one?
[OP]
Sep 11, 2007
12 posts
I have used the mattress for the past week and so far I have a good sleep and the back problem is partially resolved. Just wanted to let you know that the mattress is new and not a used one. I bought it at Sears outlet store at Dixie mall. The original price was over $2000 but I got it for $850 including all taxes and box spring. There is always a risk in buying from Sears outlet, as you cannot sleep on it or even return it afterwards. So once you select a mattress go to the sears bedroom store and try it there by sleeping on it. Also note that all mattresses in sears outlet store are stored at the corner, so try to bring down the mattress which you like, and look at the sides of the mattress where you will see the model# and firmness of the mattress, note it down on a piece of paper. Take a note on few of the mattress you like, then go to a sears regular store (find the store location at sears.ca and call them to find out if they have that model on the floor first). Once you try it and like it then go back and buy it. It is hectic and a bit risky, but is rewarding. I honestly dont feel a thing different on my mattress than a $2000 mattress. You will hear all kinds of sales pitch that the mattress has this and the mattress has that. I bought an independent coil mattress. Atleast I can sleep well, knowing that I am not ripped off in buying a high priced mattress, which is no better than what I have. One mistake I made is ordered a box spring and they shipped a thick one, which has made my mattress too high, so I may need to buy another one ($30 + delivery)
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
257 upvotes
Vancouver
muhammads wrote:
Mar 29th, 2009 8:42 am
I have used the mattress for the past week and so far I have a good sleep and the back problem is partially resolved. Just wanted to let you know that the mattress is new and not a used one. I bought it at Sears outlet store at Dixie mall. The original price was over $2000 but I got it for $850 including all taxes and box spring. There is always a risk in buying from Sears outlet, as you cannot sleep on it or even return it afterwards. So once you select a mattress go to the sears bedroom store and try it there by sleeping on it. Also note that all mattresses in sears outlet store are stored at the corner, so try to bring down the mattress which you like, and look at the sides of the mattress where you will see the model# and firmness of the mattress, note it down on a piece of paper. Take a note on few of the mattress you like, then go to a sears regular store (find the store location at sears.ca and call them to find out if they have that model on the floor first). Once you try it and like it then go back and buy it. It is hectic and a bit risky, but is rewarding. I honestly dont feel a thing different on my mattress than a $2000 mattress. You will hear all kinds of sales pitch that the mattress has this and the mattress has that. I bought an independent coil mattress. Atleast I can sleep well, knowing that I am not ripped off in buying a high priced mattress, which is no better than what I have. One mistake I made is ordered a box spring and they shipped a thick one, which has made my mattress too high, so I may need to buy another one ($30 + delivery)
You said more about where you bought the mattress than the mattress itself.

What features do you really like about the mattress? What don't you like? What made you choose this mattress over another?
[OP]
Sep 11, 2007
12 posts
The coil count for the mattress was very high as I was informed by the sales person. Sears is the only mattress which has a coil count over 1000.