• Jan 18th, 2016 9:02 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 13, 2016
1 posts
Concord, ON

Mattress in Toronto

Hi, I am looking to buy two single (mattreses) -very hard foam, 6 to 8 inches and looking to pay as little as possible, of course
Any suggestions?
Thanks
6 replies
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
194 upvotes
Stouffville
Go to your local sleep country & ask if there are any floor models for sale locally. They will locate the closest ones and let you know. They also offer free shipping & delivery to you. That's what I just did, got a $1700 mattress we were looking at for $700.
Temp. Banned
Feb 28, 2005
3169 posts
1183 upvotes
Montreal
did the same, got one at 3300 for 500 $ ! Salesperson even gave me a cookie
Banned
Jun 19, 2015
46 posts
8 upvotes
marc_t wrote: did the same, got one at 3300 for 500 $ ! Salesperson even gave me a cookie
My best friend use to work and Sleep Country and he said it was like working at a used car dealership since all the sales people are paid on 100% straight commission.

He sales guys will sometimes say anything to make the sale as remember a mattresses is not going to opened to verify the spec's and margins huge. He sometimes made a few hundred dollars commission on a expensive mattress sale.

As for the "floor models' saving.... I would not be surprised if that mattress had been previously in another person's home as they are have a easy return policy, they get 1000's of returns every year too.
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
194 upvotes
Stouffville
TonyS818 wrote: My best friend use to work and Sleep Country and he said it was like working at a used car dealership since all the sales people are paid on 100% straight commission.

He sales guys will sometimes say anything to make the sale as remember a mattresses is not going to opened to verify the spec's and margins huge. He sometimes made a few hundred dollars commission on a expensive mattress sale.

As for the "floor models' saving.... I would not be surprised if that mattress had been previously in another person's home as they are have a easy return policy, they get 1000's of returns every year too.

"In another persons home" is not something I actively think about. Hell, any mattress in that store could have been in another person's home as well. Either way it comes with a 10 year warranty, and if something goes wrong, you exchange it for a new one.

Did that twice in 6 years already with my other mattress. Never an issue. They bring a new one, and take the old one.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2102 posts
166 upvotes
NeoSlasher wrote: RFD seems to like these: http://endysleep.com/

You can buy them online, and you can get a $75 coupon.
yes would recommend Endy - mattress is really firm. But if you're looking for cheap as possible these are little more expensive. Can get $50 off with a referral though.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed