• May 1st, 2018 12:00 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 15, 2010
3 posts
1 upvote
toronto

Maxwell's Clothiers doesn't fit

Does anyone else here on RFD have a bad experience with Maxwell's Clothiers? I recently bought a new suit with three shirts for $1000 from them in March when they were in Richmond Hill. Today a month later, I finally got my custom made outfits and every single one of them has a problem. The suit jacket is 2" too loose in the mid section so it looks baggy. My suit pants are too tight around the waist so I can barely tuck my shirts into them, not even my hand. All three of the dress shirts are very tight around my neck, can't barely swallow neither less breath. Can't imagine wearing them with a tie for eight hours of work. Has anyone else experienced problems of fit with Maxwell's Clothiers?
1 reply
May 17, 2004
729 posts
53 upvotes
tom8me wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 11:20 pm
Does anyone else here on RFD have a bad experience with Maxwell's Clothiers? I recently bought a new suit with three shirts for $1000 from them in March when they were in Richmond Hill. Today a month later, I finally got my custom made outfits and every single one of them has a problem. The suit jacket is 2" too loose in the mid section so it looks baggy. My suit pants are too tight around the waist so I can barely tuck my shirts into them, not even my hand. All three of the dress shirts are very tight around my neck, can't barely swallow neither less breath. Can't imagine wearing them with a tie for eight hours of work. Has anyone else experienced problems of fit with Maxwell's Clothiers?
I don’t have any experience with Maxwell’s but MTM is never a perfect fit. There will always be adjustments required. Fundamental measurements must be correct (jacket length, button stance, arm pitch and anything that involves the shoulder should be close to spot on). Loose in the jacket mid section is an easy fix. Pants a bit tight is also an easy fix up to 1” either way.

The collar being too tight for the shirts is a fundamental flaw and cannot be fixed. Those need to be remade.

Maxwell’s is overseas MTM, adjustments will be needed. That is why bespoke takes multiple fittings.
Heatware:
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=32192

Ebay:
Over 100 Feedback under "techtoys2002"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)