Scammers and Warnings

Maybe trolled by EiS (Albert Kramps)? Need advice.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2007 2:02 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Feb 8, 2005
182 posts
Waterloo & Markham

Maybe trolled by EiS (Albert Kramps)? Need advice.

I purchased two 512MB sticks of Kingston hyper x off of EiS about a month ago. When he recived the money he PMed me saying his apartment burned down and my cash went with it. He said that he had already cashed the Money Order so there was no way of me getting a refund. I gave him the benifit of the doubt, I mean as rediculous as it sounds it is possible I guess. He told me that when he gets the insurance he'll get the money back to me. I PMed him on the 26th of november (the fire apperantly happened on the 4th) just asking how the insurance is coming along as he has yet to reply. After I got the original PM on the 5th I did call the edmonton (EiS lives in edmonton) fire dispatch and asked if there had been any fires on his street, the lady I was talking to said that there had been no calls made the adress he gave me. Again I guess it's possible the fire department wasn't called or the lady might have not done a through enough search but I find that hard to belive. Anyways the only other thing that doesn't make much sense is that he gave me his home phone number in a PM before the 'fire' on the 4th. I called this number on the 5th of november... and he answered. He told me that it was his friends number and not his... but why would he give me his friends number before the fire even happened? Nothing is really adding up.
Anyways if anybody here has any suggestions I really apperciate it.

Thanks in advance.
139 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7900 posts
1425 upvotes
Mississauga
Well, if you have any of his personal info, call the number and name and whatnot you have and inform them you will be filing a police report, or a similar threat, if he does not get his act together. Sounds like you got scammed.
Nov 4, 2005
776 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton
what street is this on? I am going to Edmonton next week and I will check if any building is burnt down ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3408 posts
74 upvotes
Sounds like you probably got ripped off. Hopefully if you have his real name and address etc. there is something you can do about it. Just try to keep on him if you can and don't let him get away with it. Scammers always use those kinds of excuses to buy time to finish their scam. Its always I was in an accident, relative died, something personal came up. This fire one I haven't heard before but you can bet with any of these excuses 99/100 they are lying. Good luck with everything and let us know how you make out.
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
4443 posts
DigitalN. wrote:what street is this on? I am going to Edmonton next week and I will check if any building is burnt down ;)
Please do.

I believe I have also been ripped off by him. I contacted the mods here about it but nothing came to fruition. I'll post a [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=218]zip[/rfdlink] file here later explaining the entire process. Amourek, CactusJack, and Balou can all offer opinions on him.

I definitely feel he's scammed us. I'm out $155 :(
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
2173 posts
Calgary
THE JEW (RaVeN) wrote:Please do.

I believe I have also been ripped off by him. I contacted the mods here about it but nothing came to fruition. I'll post a [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=218]zip[/rfdlink] file here later explaining the entire process. Amourek, CactusJack, and Balou can all offer opinions on him.

I definitely feel he's scammed us. I'm out $155 :(
Man that sucks.
It seems like the scammers all come in packs. Nothing for a couple of months then multiple instances all at once.

I for one am requesting shipping up front from now on if they have less heat or posts for that matter than me. Ive been rather lucky with only one real minor incident in which I was refunded anyway.
Buy With Confidence - Heatware 88-0-0
Then, once the Maclovers feel safe and come out of hiding, we strike. Take their Macs, throw them into a huge pile, and burn them. Burn them into ash. Then put an Apple logo on that ash, and sell it back to them for $400 an ounce.

We'll be filthy rich.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7900 posts
1425 upvotes
Mississauga
MaDDN3ss wrote:Man that sucks.
It seems like the scammers all come in packs. Nothing for a couple of months then multiple instances all at once.

I for one am requesting shipping up front from now on if they have less heat or posts for that matter than me. Ive been rather lucky with only one real minor incident in which I was refunded anyway.
The way I do it is they either trust me and my rep/feedback, or they do business elsewhere. Unless I am able to trace their number to a valid address and name, and easily access their home shall something go wrong, I do not trust them. I will trust people I have dealt with before, but in general I do not think it is worth it for me to take risks with trusting people.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
4443 posts
http://raven.kalshadowtech.com/webstuff ... kramps.zip

right-click, save as

Please tell me if the link doesn't work. This is a complete history of my dealings with him up until the "fire." It's a history of my PM's with him and others here he tried to scam. I've tried contacting the emergency services of Edmonton, but they don't keep written records of fires that have been fought. I'm next going to be investigating newspaper records. Anybody know the names of the papers in Edmonton?

He's also trying to scam over on another Biggie Buy and Sell forum (people here should know which forum that is ;) ). Balou caught him on it over there.

PM's have been ignored and he's blocked me off MSN. The last conversation we had was about how the movie Doom sucked and then........poof........fire and my money gone :(
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
4443 posts
Yeah, but Bigfoot forum's is what convicts him. Check his last for sale thread. He talks about the Asus mobo he has (it's the one in his sig here on RFD). Balou asks him about his apartment fire. EiS says this Asus mobo was given to him by a friend (so he should have gotten that Asus mobo the first week of November or later). However, do a search and you'll see him talking about that same mobo multiple times (ie. how do I overclock, what's a good heatsink for my mobo, etc.) like 1/2 a year before the fire. Friend goes back in time to give him a mobo? You be the judge.

EDIT:

Let me illustrate:

His sig
Case: Aspire X-Navigator MotherBoard: ASUS A8V Deluxe Rev. 2 S939 CPU:Athlon 64 3500+ NC @ 2.4GHz on TR XP-90 Memory:1.5GB HyperX PC3200UL 2-2-2-5 Video Card:X800XT-Platinum SoundCard:Audigy 2 ZS PSU: OCZ ModStream 520Watt
My Heat My [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink] Feedback
This thread ( 11-11-2005):
http://forums.bigfootcomputers.com/show ... hp?t=18901
anybody out there willing to trade there ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2 mobo for my ASUS A8V Deluxe rev 2 mobo willing to throw in some 2x256 corsair XMS PC3500 BH5 ram in with the mobo and also if wanted 2x256 sticks of hynix PC2700 running at PC3200 CL 2.5 ram too so 4 sticks of ram and my ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo for your ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2 mobo

if pics wanted LMK through any of the contacts

Feedback is in my sig

Contact Info

PM
Email- EiS420@gmail.com
MSN- eisdrache420@hotmail.com
ICQ 14885168
AiM EiSCELL
PH# 443-2037
Balou asks:
Didnt your apt burn down or something?
EiS answers:
yes it did and the asus mobo was given to me by my best friend Shawn but my uncle Randy has given me a PCI-E video card and i want to test out that mobo i know it sounds shady but its actully true and my friends and my uncle know how much i like comps and i also can't live with out one

its nice having good friends and family members thats willing to do that for me but also i have done the same thing for them just it was under different cercumstances

and also just wondering is this posted somewhere about my APT burning down and what heppened or am i just missing something

So far the dates match, right?

What's this?
(03-16-2005)
http://forums.bigfootcomputers.com/show ... light=Asus
Hey guys i'm getting a AMD Athlon 3500+ Newcastle CPU and i would like some recommendations on heatsink's i'm going to be useing a ASUS A8V Deluxe MoBo i'm not going to be Overclocking but i doo like to keep the CPU as cool as possable anyways really anything but Zalman or any Heatsink that you can't change the fan me i like to have the option of changeing the fan right now i'm stuck between the TR XP-90 or the TR XP-120 or maybe even the Coolermaster Hyper 48 what do you guys think??

P.S sorry for the run on and on and on sentience but i think its quicker for me just to type what i'm thinknig right there
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

EDIT2:

Or this?
(11-01-2005)
Hey ppl i'm wondering i have a ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo and i'm wondering which SATA controller is the best to use the Promise one or the VIA one anybody know if there is a actul difference and if there is any peformance difference's of the two plz and thank you
By my calculations and the OP, this was before the date of the fire. So he's had the Asus board longer than the day of the fire. The stories don't match in my books. Hey, if I get my stuff or my money back I could care less. Until then............

EDIT3:

Just to cement home:
(06-07-2005)
My OC right now is ok with my Asus A8V at 10@240 2400 Mhz on air not really trying OC cuz i don't really do it that much
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
2173 posts
Calgary
Just read your file and the evidence looks fairly damning.

I have to head to Edmonton on some business at one of our branches up there in a couple weeks. I'll take a drive over that way and see what I can see.
Buy With Confidence - Heatware 88-0-0
Then, once the Maclovers feel safe and come out of hiding, we strike. Take their Macs, throw them into a huge pile, and burn them. Burn them into ash. Then put an Apple logo on that ash, and sell it back to them for $400 an ounce.

We'll be filthy rich.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
4443 posts
Oh, anybody who wants his info can readily get it from me (ie. people in Edmonton who would like to pay him a visit). As to trusting him, well I had done business with him before. Ironically, when I sold him the pump he made me phone him, take pictures of everything (pump pumping, shipping receipt, pump before and after packed), and asked for quite a bit of my personal info. Since it was one of my first sales and I had little heatware, I let it slide. He was worried about me scamming him.........and now I'm the one who took it up the bunghole.

EDIT:

Thanks MaDDN3ss. I did quite a bit of investigating before I wanted to cry foul. People have personal problems and we can get behind on things. That's cool. Scamming somebody? Not cool.

Like I said--if I get my money back or my products (though, I'd rather have the money at this point) in the next month or so I will publicly apologize for being an @$$ and overly assuming.
[OP]
Banned
Feb 8, 2005
182 posts
Waterloo & Markham
Oh god so yeah he's defiantly scammer then :( Looks like I'm out $185 x_x well his adress and phone # are:

Deleted - PM me if you want it.

If somebody wants to go check it out I'll forever in in your debt... lmao. Just tried calling but got no answer. I'l try again later tonite.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)