• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2006 3:26 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jan 18, 2006
56 posts

Mazda 3

Has anyone been experiencing problems with their Mazda 3? My engine has been shutting off on its own and Mazda says that don't know what the problem is.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
:) my wife drives the mazda 3 gtsport and this has happened a couple of times while she's been waiting in the drive thru at tim hortons. I asked the Mazda Dealership about other complaints and they told me none so far.

If you hear anything, please post on this forum as this hasn't happened lately with the wifes car.

sk
Banned
Jan 18, 2006
56 posts
sunnybono wrote: :) my wife drives the mazda 3 gtsport and this has happened a couple of times while she's been waiting in the drive thru at tim hortons. I asked the Mazda Dealership about other complaints and they told me none so far.

If you hear anything, please post on this forum as this hasn't happened lately with the wifes car.

sk

Mazda in Richmond Hill has told me that Mazda is aware of the problem as it has been showing up in many 3's however, they say that they do not know the cause - so I'm stuck with the problem.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
how often has this happened to you???

On one note, when you fill up your tank on gas, do you fill it right to the rim. The reason why is that I used to do that, until I stopped, the problem hasn't come back or my wife is just tired of complaining. I'll ask her tonight to if the problem happened again!!!!

sk :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Hmmm... I have a Mazda3Sport myself and haven't run into this issue. May have to call the dealership to see if there is a problem.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1708 posts
18 upvotes
North York
sueb wrote:Has anyone been experiencing problems with their Mazda 3? My engine has been shutting off on its own and Mazda says that don't know what the problem is.
What year is the vehicle and is it automatic or manual?
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Mazda should issue a recall for something like this, id try visiting some Mazda3 forums as well and post this question there, as more people should be able to advise you on the matter
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1708 posts
18 upvotes
North York
I read the TSBs..there are none referring to this issue. MAz3 forums are probably the best place to look or ask for assistance.
Sep 2, 2005
225 posts
which year is ur mazda 3 give more details... i might be able to help u out ... i have o6 mazda3 but havnt run into any sort of problem yet .. and i hope i dont even run into one lol ... let me knw with details :)
May 22, 2004
286 posts
Post your problems here:

www.torontomazda3.com

I have a 2004 Mazda3 Sport GT and this hasnt happened to me once. I'm actually shocked to read about this. :confused:
Banned
Jan 18, 2006
56 posts
rluc wrote:Post your problems here:

www.torontomazda3.com

I have a 2004 Mazda3 Sport GT and this hasnt happened to me once. I'm actually shocked to read about this. :confused:

My Mazda3 is a 2004 Automatic transmission. This has happened to me several times but only during the winter months. Once I was at a red light, a second time when I was moving slowing in traffic and a third when I was pulling out of a drive-thru. I am also experiencing a power surge with the car. Sometimes it feels like the car has lost all its power and then all of a sudden this power kicks in - throws me into my seat without even putting my foot on the gas pedal. Very scary - Mazda has advised me that they have heard this complaint from many people but don't know how to resolve the problem. Has anyone experienced either of these problems?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
sueb wrote:My Mazda3 is a 2004 Automatic transmission. This has happened to me several times but only during the winter months. Once I was at a red light, a second time when I was moving slowing in traffic and a third when I was pulling out of a drive-thru. I am also experiencing a power surge with the car. Sometimes it feels like the car has lost all its power and then all of a sudden this power kicks in - throws me into my seat without even putting my foot on the gas pedal. Very scary - Mazda has advised me that they have heard this complaint from many people but don't know how to resolve the problem. Has anyone experienced either of these problems?
They better make an advisory. If they said "many people" I don't know why they areent doing anything to resolve this.

Mazda Mazda :| Same ole problems with reliability.
May 22, 2004
286 posts
radeonboy wrote:They better make an advisory. If they said "many people" I don't know why they areent doing anything to resolve this.

Mazda Mazda :| Same ole problems with reliability.
Why? Because 2-3 people reported this problem out of 200,000? Let me guess, you're probably a Civic fan boy?

If this is so common, thats why I've never seen anyone have this problem on the local Toronto Mazda3 or the US boards? Get your facts straight before you start making assumptions about a product. :rolleyes:
Mar 16, 2003
407 posts
Vancouver (Burnaby)
er... i know a lot of mazda3 drivers... but never heard of this problem

though i do hear them say that they love them so much...
My Heatware
My Ebay Feedback

now comes with troll repellent
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
our mazda3 has like 40k on it already and its happened 3 times i think. Once i was idling up the driveway (wasnt stepping on gas) once it happened at a stoplight and another time it happened to my dad. I like the car though, recently my mom smashed up the front of it and its being repaired. I'm driving a rental toyota corolla i think 04 or 05 i'm not sure but it sucks. theres no zoom zoom in toyota =(
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
2087 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
sueb wrote:My Mazda3 is a 2004 Automatic transmission. This has happened to me several times but only during the winter months. Once I was at a red light, a second time when I was moving slowing in traffic and a third when I was pulling out of a drive-thru. I am also experiencing a power surge with the car. Sometimes it feels like the car has lost all its power and then all of a sudden this power kicks in - throws me into my seat without even putting my foot on the gas pedal. Very scary - Mazda has advised me that they have heard this complaint from many people but don't know how to resolve the problem. Has anyone experienced either of these problems?
what engine is yoru mazda3? 2.0 or 2.3? This sounds like a serious problem.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
28 upvotes
That sounds well scary there. And the scarier part is that Mazda doesn't even know how to fix it :confused: .
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Banned
Jan 18, 2006
56 posts
rluc wrote:Why? Because 2-3 people reported this problem out of 200,000? Let me guess, you're probably a Civic fan boy?

If this is so common, thats why I've never seen anyone have this problem on the local Toronto Mazda3 or the US boards? Get your facts straight before you start making assumptions about a product. :rolleyes:

I think you will find that there are many complaints about the Mazda 3 stalling ........ think you should look into further investigating this matter before reporting that its only 2-3 cars.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)