[Mazda] Get $35 Amazon.ca Gift Card for New Test Drive

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2017 12:31 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3789 posts
460 upvotes
Montreal
So did most dealers just give folks the pin right away to avoid wasting their gas and time?
Dec 29, 2016
9 posts
4 upvotes
Took test drive over a week ago.Was waiting for rewards until I read messages about going to spam mail and there it was.Thank you to all...
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1049 posts
366 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
I know this is probably not the focus of this thread but...

I test drove the Mazda3 and it was great! After having driven an elantra for a while, it was day and night in terms of how they drove. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to buy a 2017 Mazda3, but it convinced me on the Mazda brand, so I bought a 2014 Mazda3 GS, with moonroof package. It's a great car, and if it ends up being reliable, it is definitely a brand I'll buy again in the future. Compared to the 2012 Elantra, this car gets much better Fuel economy, and I drive it much harder.
Nov 28, 2010
136 posts
34 upvotes
nayan97 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 7:08 pm
I know this is probably not the focus of this thread but...

I test drove the Mazda3 and it was great! After having driven an elantra for a while, it was day and night in terms of how they drove. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to buy a 2017 Mazda3, but it convinced me on the Mazda brand, so I bought a 2014 Mazda3 GS, with moonroof package. It's a great car, and if it ends up being reliable, it is definitely a brand I'll buy again in the future. Compared to the 2012 Elantra, this car gets much better Fuel economy, and I drive it much harder.
So the promo worked on you! I actually have a 2012 Mazda 3 and 2012 Hyundai Elantra and you're absolutely right. I much prefer the Mazda and wouldn't buy Hyundai again.

I went on the weekend to do the test drive and the sales guy just offered up the giftcard without doing the test drive. However, I have yet to receive an email yet with the GC code. I'm hoping it was because it was the long weekend they didn't have anyone processing this stuff. I'll give it another day or two before I contact Mazda Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6528 posts
366 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hmm, I emailed dealer and they submitted it when I test drived about 2 weekends ago. The thing is I've been deleting my spam every day and I don't know if I accidentally deleted it... any way I can contact Mazda Canada to send me again?
Sep 29, 2014
48 posts
21 upvotes
Eagle Ridge, SK
Never received an email. I called Mazda, they told me to contact the dealer. They said they can't redeem the codes from their end. :(
Jun 23, 2010
163 posts
50 upvotes
North York
On July 31st, I arrived 10 minutes early for my test drive, but the salesperson had to finish the paper works for the customer before me. After a few minutes passed for my appointment, he told me he was too busy and said he'll asked me if I really just want the Amazon gift card. I confirmed and he said he'll submit the PIN and come another day if I'm really interested in a test drive. I found in my spam an email from Aug 2nd ("[Your name], time to take your $35 Amazon.ca code for a test drive." with your name inserted) regarding the Amazon gift code. However the claim code is blank and I called the Mazda promotion support. The rep said the technical people are working on a fix and an email will be resent in the near future with the claim code. There's no ETA.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2573 posts
148 upvotes
Went in to take a look at a CX-5 over the weekend - You wouldn't believe how many people were clogging up the dealership just looking for a freebie. One guy barged in, interrupted a salesperson's conversation with a customer and started making a fuss about "fraudulent advertising" and whatnot when he was asked to wait his turn :facepalm:
Feb 24, 2017
82 posts
18 upvotes
If you are located in North York, I'd avoid the Yonge-Steeles location. I live 2 minutes from there but I chose to go to the Yorkdale location this past Sat. The salesperson we got was very competent and professional, he inputted the code for me and even took a picture of the confirmation code with my phone. I'm still waiting for the gift card though, no email. Looks like Mazda is backed up according to the past posters.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10735 posts
3943 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Got my gift code today.
Jan 8, 2007
301 posts
38 upvotes
I'm not impressed. Stopped at Richmond Auto Mall here in B.C. on my home today to try a Miata and get my code, but was told they've "been capped by Mazda Canada" and no more available at that location. There's nothing in the email about limits. We currently have a Mazda5, but this kind of dirty pool is making me think to go elsewhere when it comes time for replacement in a year or so.
Aug 7, 2015
40 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Finally got my claim code email after the first email had a blank code.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8333 posts
1808 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
DonnyFenn wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 6:35 pm
I'm not impressed. Stopped at Richmond Auto Mall here in B.C. on my home today to try a Miata and get my code, but was told they've "been capped by Mazda Canada" and no more available at that location. There's nothing in the email about limits. We currently have a Mazda5, but this kind of dirty pool is making me think to go elsewhere when it comes time for replacement in a year or so.
Pretty sure there is no cap. Typical dealer story to avoid dealing with promo. Call head office to report and claim your code that way.