• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2017 12:31 pm
Sep 19, 2009
784 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 10:38 am
Did test drive last week, haven't heard from rep since, even after trying to contact him. Called Mazda Canada, which confirmed that no gc request was submitted. They did a survey with me over the phone and few minutes later got my gc.

Overall impressed with this promo and with Mazda Canada (their number 1-800-263-4680) .Will be strongly considering buying one this or next year, which probably would not happen if the promo was not on. Though, I will, of course, avoid the dealer that could not spend 5 minutes of his time to submit it for the client that was genuinely interested in the car and/or at least contact the client back. I guess unless you sign papers same day, you are not taken seriously.

PS. Here is the original rep that did not submit my gc
I have to do the same thing. I was one week ago in Scarborough Mazda and I had the drive test. The sales guy asked me to email him the code but he did not entered it in the system. No call backs / reply to emails after that. Tonight I talked to the sales manager and he told me that he won't be able to enter the code for another week.
Dec 14, 2009
152 posts
20 upvotes
Keswick
slava86 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:33 am
How about same name (don't have a wife excuse - *knocks on wood*) but 2 different dealerships & 2 email addresses?
Don't think it matters but you can try it but I would try and see if u can bring someone with you (family member) or go to 2 different dealers. I went to the Newmarket Mazda and just gave him the codes and didn't care. Just thanked me for not wasting there time on test drives that I had no interest in doing. I did 2 different email addresses too just to play it safe.
Nov 18, 2014
280 posts
253 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Both me and my wife test drove a CX-9 last Friday an hour before close and the sales person submitted our two claim codes afterwards with us sitting at his desk. I got my gift card last night, wife still waiting for hers (not in spam either).

I wrote down both confirmation numbers so can easily follow up if she doesn't get her gift card though.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1350 posts
402 upvotes
rrabbit10 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 8:38 pm
Both me and my wife test drove a CX-9 last Friday an hour before close and the sales person submitted our two claim codes afterwards with us sitting at his desk. I got my gift card last night, wife still waiting for hers (not in spam either).

I wrote down both confirmation numbers so can easily follow up if she doesn't get her gift card though.
On the real, off topic from the gift card greed, what'd you think of the CX-9?
Nov 18, 2014
280 posts
253 upvotes
Calgary, AB
vittycent wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 8:45 pm
On the real, off topic from the gift card greed, what'd you think of the CX-9?
We both really liked it, albeit a bit smaller than what we would like. Drove really well, nice and quiet but power wise a bit low.
Oct 18, 2007
223 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Went yday to erin mills mazda. Talked to mark campbell. O told him im here for the amazong gift credit. he asked if i wanted a test drive i told him i didnt want to waste his time he was thankful i was honest.

I chked spam a day later and 35. Thanks op
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2006
1391 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Went in today around noon. Didn't have to test drive any vehicle. And to my surprise I got my email with the $35 tonight at about 9pm. That was quick and easy. It was in my junk mail though..

Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1178 posts
232 upvotes
St. Catharines, ON
Thanks for the notice.

I took advantage of one of these promos a few years ago.

Will try to find time to do this again.
Dec 11, 2007
178 posts
28 upvotes
I went in yesterday to Markham Mazda at around 7ish. I saw him submit my PIN into the system. No test drive was done. In and out within 2 minutes. I haven't gotten my Amazon gift card yet, I checked junk mail as well. I'll repost if it arrives.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1557 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Did a test drive last Fri, got my gc today in my spam box.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1178 posts
232 upvotes
St. Catharines, ON
My wife and I took out the CX-9 last night. I had tried the 3, 6, CX-3, and CX-5 in the past.

I really found nothing significant to complain about in the CX-9. It was quiet, comfortable, smooth, and loaded with high end features in the top trim level.

I did not really wind up the engine too much, but it felt smooth and sufficient under regular driving conditions with three adults in the car. It's only rated to tow 3,500 lb though, which is not a lot for a vehicle of it's size. That low rating could be due in part to the small engine.

We were treated very well by the sales associate at St. Catharines Mazda. He had no issues with us coming to see and learn about the vehicle, even though we were there for the promotion, and not to buy. It was not busy Thursday night around 7pm.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7593 posts
1675 upvotes
Brampton
Also test drove the CX-9. That test drive immediately made me cross off the Highlander off my list.

Did anyone buy a CX-9 recently that would be able to share OTD price? I'm looking at GS-L or the GT.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2300 posts
146 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
tebore wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:43 pm
Also test drove the CX-9. That test drive immediately made me cross off the Highlander off my list.

Did anyone buy a CX-9 recently that would be able to share OTD price? I'm looking at GS-L or the GT.
I currently have 25+ on the ground.

Let me know what colour your would like..
< The original ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT BUYING A NEW MAZDA >

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Jeff@Jeff-TheBiz.com
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7019 posts
448 upvotes
rrabbit10 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 9:07 pm
We both really liked it, albeit a bit smaller than what we would like. Drove really well, nice and quiet but power wise a bit low.
I looked at that, test drove the CX-5 and think the engine would be better suited there. I have an RDX with a 6 cylinder, and it's much more peppy....the 4 cylinder 2.5 is OK for the CX-5. but even with a turbocharger I feel like it's underpowered for the bigger CX9. I did like the suspension though, felt nice and stiff without over muffling the road.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Dec 11, 2007
178 posts
28 upvotes
kamranhsiddiqi wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 3:29 pm
I went in yesterday to Markham Mazda at around 7ish. I saw him submit my PIN into the system. No test drive was done. In and out within 2 minutes. I haven't gotten my Amazon gift card yet, I checked junk mail as well. I'll repost if it arrives.
Got my gift card an hour ago in my junk mail :D