Mazda questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 9:00 am
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns
Just picked up a 2019 3 Sport GT AWD in Deep blue and absolutely love the car!
Oct 14, 2012
129 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
@RyanS219 do you mind sharing how much you paid and did you go with lease or finance?

@Jeff-TheBiz I plan to finance a Mazda 3 sport 2019 GT AWD, what would be the best time to start shopping? I have until now to August to get a car.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
9394 wrote: I have a 2014 CX-5 GT (thanks @Jeff-TheBiz), and I’ve noticed rusting in the inside of the rear wheel wells. The car is packed indoors and has only 76000kms. Anyone have similar issues?
Yes, everyone who owns a Mazda.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
txenglan wrote: Yes, everyone who owns a Mazda.
Why don't they start zinc coating their cars like every other manufacturer?
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns
boing388 wrote: @RyanS219 do you mind sharing how much you paid and did you go with lease or finance?

@Jeff-TheBiz I plan to finance a Mazda 3 sport 2019 GT AWD, what would be the best time to start shopping? I have until now to August to get a car.

Thanks!
I don't have the exact number as I'm traveling for work, but it worked out to be about 32K for negotiated price including mandatory fees. I'm currently leasing for 48 months at 0.35%. I also purchased the tire warranty as Newfoundland roads are notorious for destroying tires and wheels. As a side note, I tried to get them to include a full set of winter tires/wheels but they wouldn't budge. They did however agree to upgrade my 2018 CX3 infotainment system to android auto ready for free.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
9394 wrote: I have a 2014 CX-5 GT (thanks @Jeff-TheBiz), and I’ve noticed rusting in the inside of the rear wheel wells. The car is packed indoors and has only 76000kms. Anyone have similar issues?
Picture?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
BraydenM wrote: No I got the 2018 Mazda 3 and it has CarPlay but I never got it installed is it because I got it towards the end of 2018?
The 2018 did not come with AppleCarplay regardless of the build date or delivery.. If you would like it, it is an option.
Awjvail wrote: Have May 2019 CX-5 incentives been released?

@Jeff-TheBiz
Finance rate went down .2% and the Spring event switched to "Mazda's Inspired Drive event" went up to $500.
boing388 wrote: @RyanS219 do you mind sharing how much you paid and did you go with lease or finance?

Thanks!
Not sure what the program will be in August, but it will likely be better than now.
You should sign a bill of sale in late July, and then take possession in August, that you get to choose the program that benefits you the most.
< The original ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT BUYING A NEW MAZDA >

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Edited by the RFD Moderation Team
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
9394 wrote: Yes, inside only.
Yikes. That’s not good. Nothing like that on my wife’s 2014 CX-5 with 62,000KM. The dealer mentioned at time of purchase a “lifetime rust protection” add-on (think they wanted $550?) without annual inspections. I wonder: would that have covered this type of rust? I assume any damage by way of stone chips that results in rust wouldn’t be covered but this obviously isn’t a spot susceptible to such damage. Very strange it would rust there.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2017
1032 posts
1820 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Yikes. That’s not good. Nothing like that on my wife’s 2014 CX-5 with 62,000KM. The dealer mentioned at time of purchase a “lifetime rust protection” add-on (think they wanted $550?) without annual inspections. I wonder: would that have covered this type of rust? I assume any damage by way of stone chips that results in rust wouldn’t be covered but this obviously isn’t a spot susceptible to such damage. Very strange it would rust there.
How is 'lifetime' defined? It could only mean 5 years...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Kingsmen17 wrote: How is 'lifetime' defined? It could only mean 5 years...
While I don’t think it means only 5 years I’ll ask a friend who opted for this add-on when he purchased his CX-9 there and find out the specific terms and conditions.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10104 posts
12725 upvotes
Toronto
100Pacer wrote: Yikes. That’s not good. Nothing like that on my wife’s 2014 CX-5 with 62,000KM. The dealer mentioned at time of purchase a “lifetime rust protection” add-on (think they wanted $550?) without annual inspections. I wonder: would that have covered this type of rust? I assume any damage by way of stone chips that results in rust wouldn’t be covered but this obviously isn’t a spot susceptible to such damage. Very strange it would rust there.
Yes, it's only on one side too (which I guess is better?). Maybe there's a leak in the door??? Hopefully @Jeff-TheBiz can shed some light.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
9394 wrote: Yes, it's only on one side too (which I guess is better?). Maybe there's a leak in the door??? Hopefully @Jeff-TheBiz can shed some light.
I would bring it in to service and have them get it look at by Mazda Canada.. unless it was scratched by something, I can't imagine they would let it fester to something much bigger.

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

May 26, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Quick question on inventories, etc. I'm looking to buy a pretty specific Mazda 3 Sport - GS, manual transmission, etc. I don't see very much at all on the dealer lots around me in manual for the trim I want. Will a dealer order a car in for me? If so are there generally extra fees or issues to deal with?

I was looking at getting something at the end of this month or next month so if it is something that can get ordered in I would probably need to start moving on it now, correct? Otherwise, I guess I should start moving on something on the lot before they go anyways?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
gpw11 wrote: Quick question on inventories, etc. I'm looking to buy a pretty specific Mazda 3 Sport - GS, manual transmission, etc. I don't see very much at all on the dealer lots around me in manual for the trim I want. Will a dealer order a car in for me? If so are there generally extra fees or issues to deal with?

I was looking at getting something at the end of this month or next month so if it is something that can get ordered in I would probably need to start moving on it now, correct? Otherwise, I guess I should start moving on something on the lot before they go anyways?
The earlier you order the better the chances of getting one.

The 2020 Mazda3 has already been alocated for build in August 19 so Sept delivery (almost the exact same car as the 2019) so the 2019s are finite now.. and if you want a stick, order it when you feel comfortable. Waiting is not going to help you at all.

May 26, 2008
26 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Jeff-TheBiz wrote: The earlier you order the better the chances of getting one.

The 2020 Mazda3 has already been alocated for build in August 19 so Sept delivery (almost the exact same car as the 2019) so the 2019s are finite now.. and if you want a stick, order it when you feel comfortable. Waiting is not going to help you at all.
Great, thanks for the tip.
Aug 9, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
I am currently looking into the Mazda 3 Sport GT Automatic and wondering what the max dealer incentive I could get for financing? Also wondering if someone could recommend the best Mazda dealer in the GTA?

Thanks
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
fiiw2008 wrote: I am currently looking into the Mazda 3 Sport GT Automatic and wondering what the max dealer incentive I could get for financing? Also wondering if someone could recommend the best Mazda dealer in the GTA?

Thanks
Mazda of Toronto. See Jeff