2336 posts
160 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
george__ wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 7:53 pm
^
Damn $450.00

https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ap ... roid-auto/
Why does the 6 and CX-3 get the special $250 + HST but you got stuck paying $450 + HST????
The 2018 6 and 2019 CX3 were produced with the upgraded hub unit.

All the others need a new hub installed.
< The original ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT BUYING A NEW MAZDA >

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Jeff@Jeff-TheBiz.com
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2714 posts
447 upvotes
Ajax
george__ wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 7:53 pm
^
Damn $450.00

https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ap ... roid-auto/
Why does the 6 and CX-3 get the special $250 + HST but you got stuck paying $450 + HST????
Because they want us to never buy a Mazda again! I was looking at getting a third for myself.....my wife and son have a 2016....but after this stunt it is reminiscent of the early Ford issues with their SYNC system. They make owners pay for a system half baked....the navigation has crippled traffic that isn't integrated into the unit. The least they can do is give us a break like other owners.
Sep 22, 2018
43 posts
5 upvotes
So any idea which is best remote starter for mazda cx-9 for 2018 model
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21387 posts
2245 upvotes
gostinger wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 6:32 pm
Because they want us to never buy a Mazda again! I was looking at getting a third for myself.....my wife and son have a 2016....but after this stunt it is reminiscent of the early Ford issues with their SYNC system. They make owners pay for a system half baked....the navigation has crippled traffic that isn't integrated into the unit. The least they can do is give us a break like other owners.
Yeah I'm kind of peeved too!!
Just bought the CX5 but sales manager can't do anything for giving me a discount on this install. And they need to take the entire front dashboard area apart, worried about rattles -_-"

Got this picture from reddit..

Not sure now
Nov 3, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Hi, I have a few questions regarding lease/finance process. I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post this here, if not, please advise and I will edit&delete it, thank you in advance.

We signed a lease application order form with a dealer, 0 down payment, 36 months. After a couple of days, the financial manager informed us that as a newcomer to Canada, the bank requested 25% down payment if we cannot find a Canadian citizen to co-sign the application, or it is hard to get the approval from the bank. I told him we don't have the money for 25% down payment and he told me if that was the case, they may look into other options like financing for me as an alternative. After that, I have never heard from them again.

So, my question is, can I get out of this deal and get the deposit back from them? The order form specified the payment conditions and everything, will it automatically become invalid the moment the bank request more conditions, like 25% downpayment? If I cannot get a lease, and if I am not willing to financing, am I able to get the deposit back?

Thanks.
Sep 22, 2018
43 posts
5 upvotes
stan319 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 12:36 pm
Hi, I have a few questions regarding lease/finance process. I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post this here, if not, please advise and I will edit&delete it, thank you in advance.

We signed a lease application order form with a dealer, 0 down payment, 36 months. After a couple of days, the financial manager informed us that as a newcomer to Canada, the bank requested 25% down payment if we cannot find a Canadian citizen to co-sign the application, or it is hard to get the approval from the bank. I told him we don't have the money for 25% down payment and he told me if that was the case, they may look into other options like financing for me as an alternative. After that, I have never heard from them again.

So, my question is, can I get out of this deal and get the deposit back from them? The order form specified the payment conditions and everything, will it automatically become invalid the moment the bank request more conditions, like 25% downpayment? If I cannot get a lease, and if I am not willing to financing, am I able to get the deposit back?

Thanks.
If you are not going to approved they will return your deposit back if you are newcomer then make sure to take care of your credit score to if they will not approve you then don’t go to other place for try again because the result will be same instead try to manage 25% or get a car on cash until you build your credit history for a year or two.
Nov 3, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Hotcovfe wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 1:41 pm
If you are not going to approved they will return your deposit back if you are newcomer then make sure to take care of your credit score to if they will not approve you then don’t go to other place for try again because the result will be same instead try to manage 25% or get a car on cash until you build your credit history for a year or two.
Thank you for your reply.

Actually, our credit scores are not that bad(above 700, me and my wife). The reason I felt like being tricked into some kind of trap is they have not mentioned 25% down payment requirement at the first place, and they have not provided any of bank's response in writing to us. The weirdest part is, it is me who chased them and called them every day tried to get the updates of the lease application and they really don't care to return my calls, that makes me wonder what is actually going on over there? We are open to putting out some percentage of downpayment if that is a mandatory requirement, but I really felt being disrespectfully treated as a customer, do they really want to close the deal or wait for me to say it?
Sep 22, 2018
43 posts
5 upvotes
stan319 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 1:54 pm
Thank you for your reply.

Actually, our credit scores are not that bad(above 700, me and my wife). The reason I felt like being tricked into some kind of trap is they have not mentioned 25% down payment requirement at the first place, and they have not provided any of bank's response in writing to us. The weirdest part is, it is me who chased them and called them every day tried to get the updates of the lease application and they really don't care to return my calls, that makes me wonder what is actually going on over there? We are open to putting out some percentage of downpayment if that is a mandatory requirement, but I really felt being disrespectfully treated as a customer, do they really want to close the deal or wait for me to say it?
Imo if bank will not going to approve they can’t do anything they surely wants to sell the car to you and they might have try with 2-3 banks which will show on your credit score as multiple hard inquiries.

Just don’t close the deal by yourself because then they might not refund you the deposit so wait for them if they are not going to get you approved its not your fault and they will return the deposit
Nov 3, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Hotcovfe wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 2:10 pm
Imo if bank will not going to approve they can’t do anything they surely wants to sell the car to you and they might have try with 2-3 banks which will show on your credit score as multiple hard inquiries.

Just don’t close the deal by yourself because then they might not refund you the deposit so wait for them if they are not going to get you approved its not your fault and they will return the deposit
That is another weird thing, I've been tracking my credit report these two weeks and it does not show any inquiries made by the bank, it is completely contradicted with the what the dealer has told me. I also told the dealer that I am willing to listen to other options if we cannot get a lease, but they simply ignored me time and time again. I just could not believe what kind of dealer would not want to sell its car and only being satisfied withholding 1k deposit on hand. This whole thing does not make any sense for me as a customer. It is my first time trying to lease a car (I paid cash for my first car last year), is this totally normal, in any other Mazda's deals? It is really frustrating as we need this 2nd car as soon as we can.
Oct 29, 2015
127 posts
26 upvotes
got a decent sized scratch along the lower door... What are my options?
Dec 10, 2005
616 posts
83 upvotes
GTA
gostinger wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 6:32 pm
I'm not sure any other manufacturer is allowing older cars to be retrofitted for carplay.. Just the fact that Mazda is tells me that they value their base more than their competitors.
Apr 16, 2008
84 posts
42 upvotes
Any new info on 2019 CX5? See it’s been released to the US market and they added two new trim levels, the signature (as expected) and the GT reserve with the 2.5T. Do we get the turbo option within the current trim levels or will it be the same as US? I was hoping the turbo would be standard on the GT.
Mar 1, 2002
745 posts
157 upvotes
Any Mazda Master Techs out here? I have a 2015 CX9 (manufactured in Aug 2015), which I purchased brand new in Dec 2016. I had the dreaded water pump issue in Sept 2018 (although no engine damage as the coolant was leaking through the weepers). The dealership replaced the water pump which as you know requires the whole engine to be removed. After replacing it, the front end makes a clicking noise on acceleration from a stand still. Clicking noise usually lasts for a second or two and then it goes away. The dealership believed this noise came from the power transfer unit as it had a service bulletin on it. However, after replacing that, it didn't resolve. They seem to be at a loss on what this noise maybe. Do any of the Master Techs have any idea? They have retightened the subframe and replaced the power transfer unit already.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2336 posts
160 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
stan319 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 12:36 pm

Thanks.
Depending on whether or not the bank knows that you are a newcomer or a non-landed immigrant (SIN beginning with a 9) they may or may not approve you. If you history is very little or even if you have dealings with Scotia Bank (they would know your status) they may ask for your SIN.

That being the case, they do have a StartRight Program for newcomers, which will allow you to get a new car, however one of the stipulations is 25% down towards the loan/lease.

If you do not choose to go this route, then the dealership has absolutely no right in keeping your deposit. You may even want to try a different manufacturer, but if they lease/financing is through Scotia Bank, you can expect the same decision there.
pulsar wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 8:42 am
Any Mazda Master Techs out here? I have a 2015 CX9 (manufactured in Aug 2015), which I purchased brand new in Dec 2016. I had the dreaded water pump issue in Sept 2018 (although no engine damage as the coolant was leaking through the weepers). The dealership replaced the water pump which as you know requires the whole engine to be removed. After replacing it, the front end makes a clicking noise on acceleration from a stand still. Clicking noise usually lasts for a second or two and then it goes away. The dealership believed this noise came from the power transfer unit as it had a service bulletin on it. However, after replacing that, it didn't resolve. They seem to be at a loss on what this noise maybe. Do any of the Master Techs have any idea? They have retightened the subframe and replaced the power transfer unit already.
I spoke to both of our Mazda Master Techs and they both agree. They mentioned that when a water pump is replaced the sub frame around the engine is dropped to access the water pump.
They may have retightened the subframe as you mentioned, but something is still loose down there.

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Jeff@Jeff-TheBiz.com
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2336 posts
160 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
Tyler18 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2018 5:55 pm
Any new info on 2019 CX5? See it’s been released to the US market and they added two new trim levels, the signature (as expected) and the GT reserve with the 2.5T. Do we get the turbo option within the current trim levels or will it be the same as US? I was hoping the turbo would be standard on the GT.
The 2019 CX-5s Specs and pricing has been released to dealers and YES there is an optional turbo on the GT which brings the MSRP to $39450 (with 93 octanes it gives 250HP and 310 torque @ 2000rpm)

GT (base and turbo) now includes the Tech Pkg from last year.. and also gets ventilated front seats and auto power folding side mirrors.

GS (base) now includes the iActivsense pkg as well.

Signature pkg is a GT with Turbo Plus Nappa leather, Abachi wood trim, redesigned cluster to include a 7" LCD (similar to the Mazda6), LED interior lighting, Black interior head liner and frameless rearview mirror plus more. MSRP $40950.

Jeff@Jeff-TheBiz.com