• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2018 8:52 pm
Tags:
Nov 3, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Jeff-TheBiz wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 9:35 am
Depending on whether or not the bank knows that you are a newcomer or a non-landed immigrant (SIN beginning with a 9) they may or may not approve you. If you history is very little or even if you have dealings with Scotia Bank (they would know your status) they may ask for your SIN.

That being the case, they do have a StartRight Program for newcomers, which will allow you to get a new car, however one of the stipulations is 25% down towards the loan/lease.

If you do not choose to go this route, then the dealership has absolutely no right in keeping your deposit. You may even want to try a different manufacturer, but if they lease/financing is through Scotia Bank, you can expect the same decision there.
Thank you, Jeff, for such detailed reply. They did ask me if we are open to this program but we refused, mostly because the financial manager was dodging my phone calls, left us hanging there, and never tell the truth until the very last moment. I really hate their approach in the financial process, it is nothing but frustrating.

In the end, they agreed to return the deposit since I told them I did not have 25% down payment at the moment. I got my money back and leased a 2019 Camry with similar conditions. Unlike this Mazda dealership, a very famous one located near(not in) Oakville, Oakville Toyota has been very transparent with us, put everything upfront, this helps a lot, at least makes us felt like customers, not sellers.
Sep 21, 2006
420 posts
121 upvotes
Amherstview
Jeff-TheBiz wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 9:45 am
The 2019 CX-5s Specs and pricing has been released to dealers and YES there is an optional turbo on the GT which brings the MSRP to $39450 (with 93 octanes it gives 250HP and 310 torque @ 2000rpm)

GT (base and turbo) now includes the Tech Pkg from last year.. and also gets ventilated front seats and auto power folding side mirrors.

GS (base) now includes the iActivsense pkg as well.

Signature pkg is a GT with Turbo Plus Nappa leather, Abachi wood trim, redesigned cluster to include a 7" LCD (similar to the Mazda6), LED interior lighting, Black interior head liner and frameless rearview mirror plus more. MSRP $40950.
Did they mention the time-frame when it will be released? I am not impressed with the recently announced 2019 Rav4. I wouldn't mind the Cx-5 with the turbo. Is the rear sitting still bad in the cx-5?
Aug 30, 2017
148 posts
55 upvotes
micron15 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 3:12 pm
Did they mention the time-frame when it will be released? I am not impressed with the recently announced 2019 Rav4. I wouldn't mind the Cx-5 with the turbo. Is the rear sitting still bad in the cx-5?
I have a CX-5 and the rear seating is actually pretty good. I just drove to Florida and Back and my didn't didn't complain at all; slept fine and all that. I did the same trip last year in a Forester and it was nothing but agony.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6424 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
gostinger wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 6:32 pm
Because they want us to never buy a Mazda again! I was looking at getting a third for myself.....my wife and son have a 2016....but after this stunt it is reminiscent of the early Ford issues with their SYNC system. They make owners pay for a system half baked....the navigation has crippled traffic that isn't integrated into the unit. The least they can do is give us a break like other owners.
I've had three generations of Mazdas. Despite what the fanboys may say, I found Mazda has always lagged behind in their entertainment system and features. Ditto with their inherit rust issues. Of course, one can argue rock chips et al isn't Mazda's fault. But they'll argue rust in the wheel well and other areas where despite the owner taking good care (including washing regularly) his/her Mazda and keeping it indoors is not related to Mazda's manufacturing process. Disappointed Face
Oct 1, 2012
252 posts
8 upvotes
Here and there
Hi all, I am in the market to buy a SUV and currently looking at the CR-V, Rav4, CX-5 and the Forester. Just wondering what everyone here thinks about these cars. I am personally leaning towards the CX-5 myself. Is the CX-5 comparable to the CR-V/RAV4 and Forester in terms of reliability and cost to maintain? My highest priority is safety followed by reliability and cost of maintaince as well as fuel efficiency. If there are other models or makes I should be looking at, I can definitely look at those as well. Thank you for your help on this.
Nov 22, 2018
12 posts
7 upvotes
Someone posted a small sneak peak of the new 2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature (equivalent to the highest Canadian trim) today:

First post! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4030 posts
474 upvotes
is 2019 MX-5 built next year coming with CP/AA?
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Oct 15, 2005
136 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
What's the mileage on your vehicle?
Sounds like a bad CV joint.
pulsar wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 8:42 am
Any Mazda Master Techs out here? I have a 2015 CX9 (manufactured in Aug 2015), which I purchased brand new in Dec 2016. I had the dreaded water pump issue in Sept 2018 (although no engine damage as the coolant was leaking through the weepers). The dealership replaced the water pump which as you know requires the whole engine to be removed. After replacing it, the front end makes a clicking noise on acceleration from a stand still. Clicking noise usually lasts for a second or two and then it goes away. The dealership believed this noise came from the power transfer unit as it had a service bulletin on it. However, after replacing that, it didn't resolve. They seem to be at a loss on what this noise maybe. Do any of the Master Techs have any idea? They have retightened the subframe and replaced the power transfer unit already.
Oct 17, 2007
122 posts
22 upvotes
I'm looking to buy winter tires for my Mazda 3 GT. It's coming with 215/45/R18. Can I use 205/60/R16 or 215/55/R16 instead? I see the 16" tires are much cheaper than the original size.
Thanks.
CoS
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9917 posts
941 upvotes
Brampton
cstca wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 8:16 am
I'm looking to buy winter tires for my Mazda 3 GT. It's coming with 215/45/R18. Can I use 205/60/R16 or 215/55/R16 instead? I see the 16" tires are much cheaper than the original size.
Thanks.
CoS
Yes you can use stock 16" size.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 54-0-0 and counting.
Mar 29, 2013
20 posts
2 upvotes
I got 2019 Mazda CX-5 GT with turbo a week ago, red colour. 2.5L engine with turbo is wonderful, the speed is there. I used to have 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD, for ten years I never had the feeling of shifting the gears, because of CVT. Happy to have it.
Dec 4, 2018
3 posts
After reviewing 2019 CX-5 Signature order specifications at Erin Mills Mazda I was shocked to discover missing bird view camera and parking sensors options. I was told that these options are not available…….
Sep 21, 2006
420 posts
121 upvotes
Amherstview
kiatling wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 6:51 pm
I got 2019 Mazda CX-5 GT with turbo a week ago, red colour. 2.5L engine with turbo is wonderful, the speed is there. I used to have 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD, for ten years I never had the feeling of shifting the gears, because of CVT. Happy to have it.
I hear yah on the CVT! I am coming from a 09 Lancer with CVT...can't wait to get the cx-5

On the GT version, how much extra is it to opt for the turbo engine?
skowronek wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 10:22 pm
After reviewing 2019 CX-5 Signature order specifications at Erin Mills Mazda I was shocked to discover missing bird view camera and parking sensors options. I was told that these options are not available…….
Mazda US , C&D, Topspeed, Autoblog mentions the signature trim to have a 360 camera and front+rear parking sensors. What gives? Once again we get shafted here in Canada?
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2489 ... otos-info/
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/ ... 83406.html

What does "Meter set with 7" LCD display" mean? On the Mazda.ca Overview>>Models section , under Signature tab, it says that's included on top of GT. But when you browse the Specs >> Instrumentation section, it says none of the trims gets Meter set with 7" LCD
Images
  • meter.JPG
  • meter_2.JPG