Mazda questions and answers

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 9:15 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
So I lost my side mirror cap (passenger side), is there anywhere I can get this part without replacing the whole side mirror?

20181001_170146.jpg

How much am I looking at?

Also, is there any danger if water gets through the hole where there is a wire or is it sealed properly?
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1726 posts
723 upvotes
no leaks on the new 2019/2020 mazda 3's eh?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
MoneyHypeMike wrote: So I lost my side mirror cap (passenger side), is there anywhere I can get this part without replacing the whole side mirror?

20181001_170146.jpg

How much am I looking at?

Also, is there any danger if water gets through the hole where there is a wire or is it sealed properly?
What's sealed today may not be tomorrow if it's left exposed, that's how I'd approach it.

You can definitely buy mirror caps. Best thing to do would be to go to a scrap yard, pick the part yourself and be on your way for cheap. Otherwise, looks like they can be had online for under $50 even.

Make sure there are no broken clips, you'll want the whole mirror if that's the case.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
OKSpring wrote: What's sealed today may not be tomorrow if it's left exposed, that's how I'd approach it.

You can definitely buy mirror caps. Best thing to do would be to go to a scrap yard, pick the part yourself and be on your way for cheap. Otherwise, looks like they can be had online for under $50 even.

Make sure there are no broken clips, you'll want the whole mirror if that's the case.
Is there an easy way to find the actual part number of this cover?
Will call the dealer tomorrow but want to do some research on my side.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Is there an easy way to find the actual part number of this cover?
Will call the dealer tomorrow but want to do some research on my side.
Probably don't even need a part number to be honest..just search your model year. Something like "2011 Mazda3 mirror caps Canada" will return what you need, and then you can narrow down whether there's a painted part available, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
3222 posts
1908 upvotes
Surrey
99dmg wrote: Just got home with a deal of $39400 OTR price for a Mazda CX-5 GT
Financed or cash ? Thanks
Sep 11, 2017
22 posts
3 upvotes
anyone know If cx-4 will ever to sell in canada?
Oct 17, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
@Jeff-TheBiz A second question (aside from discount on 2019 CX-9 Signature): Do you by any chance know if Mazda in Canada honors loyalty if I own a Mazda which is registered in US (Recently moved to Canada)? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
Sh2323 wrote: anyone know If cx-4 will ever to sell in canada?
Not likely, unless it gets picked up in the US..
whatusername wrote: @Jeff-TheBiz Any idea how much discount I can get on a 2019 CX-9 (Signature trim)? Thanks!
VTECMAN wrote: I’m curious about this as well.
On a car that just landed.... I would say I can help you out quite a bit.. I have lots coming in.. just waiting at this point.
whatusername wrote: @Jeff-TheBiz A second question (aside from discount on 2019 CX-9 Signature): Do you by any chance know if Mazda in Canada honors loyalty if I own a Mazda which is registered in US (Recently moved to Canada)? Thanks!
To qualify for any loyalty you would need an insurance slip from a Canadian insurance company.. did you flip it to Canadian plates?
Khurma wrote: Any ETA on the updated 2019 CX-5 AWD?
I have them arriving last weekish of December.. already have a few orders taken.
< The original ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT BUYING A NEW MAZDA >

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Edited by the RFD Moderation Team
Oct 17, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
@Jeff-TheBiz No I don't have Canadian insurance: Title, Registration and Insurance is all US (but all under my name). So that won't work? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
whatusername wrote: @Jeff-TheBiz No I don't have Canadian insurance: Title, Registration and Insurance is all US (but all under my name). So that won't work? Thanks.
Sadly no... I might suggest you call Mazda Canada and plead your case, they may make an exception for you.

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Jun 9, 2011
477 posts
249 upvotes
Has anyone here done CarPlay retrofit via dealer? Mazda’s twitter says it is now available for all mazdaconnect vehicles (since Oct 22).
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
akon1943 wrote: Has anyone here done CarPlay retrofit via dealer? Mazda’s twitter says it is now available for all mazdaconnect vehicles (since Oct 22).
I had it installed in my 2017 CX5, so yes it is available.

It is $450 or so + Hst.

Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
^
Damn $450.00

A: Retrofits for the 2018 MAZDA6 and 2019 CX-3 will be available for a limited time at a cost of $250 plus applicable taxes. After February 2019, the retrofit will cost approximately $443.
https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ap ... roid-auto/
Why does the 6 and CX-3 get the special $250 + HST but you got stuck paying $450 + HST????
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2433 posts
247 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
george__ wrote: ^
Damn $450.00

https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ap ... roid-auto/
Why does the 6 and CX-3 get the special $250 + HST but you got stuck paying $450 + HST????
The 2018 6 and 2019 CX3 were produced with the upgraded hub unit.

All the others need a new hub installed.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

fiiw2008, sheryar