Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
MBNA

Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8477 posts
6210 upvotes

Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 31, 2017
Retailer:
MBNA
I just got an email from them offering 60K (if approved, after spending $2K in 90 days). I got that bonus last year with the card and just canceled it earlier this year. I just got Marriott (2nd time) in May, and Scotia Amex last week, not sure if it's good idea to apply this card now (3 cards in less than 2 months)

https://apply.mbna. ca/applicationform/generateApplicationForm.htm?src=DAAQ19&locale=en_CA#page1

update: fixed the link - copy the link and remove the space between "mbna." & "ca"
Last edited by mkl38s on Jun 25th, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
415 replies
Dec 21, 2010
344 posts
258 upvotes
It says 150 days before getting the points. Anyone who signed up last years offer got the points earlier? Thanks
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4027 upvotes
BC
khkchan wrote: It says 150 days before getting the points. Anyone who signed up last years offer got the points earlier? Thanks
It takes forever to get the points ... and if you don't provide your BWR # to MBNA over the phone before first month you may never get them until many more phone calls to try to fix it :)
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Feb 12, 2002
813 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
ace604 wrote: It takes forever to get the points ... and if you don't provide your BWR # to MBNA over the phone before first month you may never get them until many more phone calls to try to fix it :)
I made the mistake of not providing a BW account, long story short, mbna says it issued points to BW, BW says they didn't receive them, back and forth, finally got mbna to reissue points after 6 or 7 months. I basically called mbna each month.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8477 posts
6210 upvotes
Yeah, they had problem with my initial points too. I got 40,000 pretty quickly, but not the first 20,000. MBNA said they sent, but BW didn't see it. I too made several phone calls to both and they resent the points. Then somehow those missing points miraculously showed up couple of months later, so I ended up with 80,000 :)
Nov 20, 2014
8 posts
41 upvotes
Just received an email offering up to 60,000 Best Western Rewards points for applying Best Western Rewards Mastercard credit card. Looks pretty good deal for a no fee card. Details are as follows:

https://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cl ... LSNSUBSITE

Get Up To 7 Free Nights!

Take advantage of this special limited-time offer for new cardholders and earn up to 60,000 Best Western Rewards® points.†† Apply for the Best Western Rewards Mastercard® credit card and if approved:

• Get 20,000 bonus points†† after your first eligible purchase--that's already enough points for at least ONE FREE NIGHT**
• Spend $1,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening and get an additional 20,000 bonus points†† OR
• Spend $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening and get a total of 60,000 bonus points††

With 60,000 points, you could get up to 7 free nights (a whole week!) at some Best Western hotels or up to $225 in gift cards.**

But hurry--this offer expires on August 31, 2017.

**All redemptions of Best Western Rewards points are completed through the Best Western Rewards program. Free nights range from 8,000 to 36,000 points, depending on the property type and location. Best Western Rewards members must have the necessary number of points to redeem for a free night based on the hotel's individual point tier level. Should you not have the required amount of points for the stay upon arrival, you will be required to pay the prevailing rate. 20,000 BWR points is enough for 1 free night at a level 4 Best Western branded hotel. 60,000 BWR points is enough for 7 free nights at a level 1 Best Western branded hotel, or up to $225 in gift cards. The Toronto-Dominion Bank has no responsibility or liability for any aspect of this promotion.

††To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer and the account must be used within the first 90 days of account opening for at least one or more transactions that are not subsequently rescinded, the subject of a charge back request or otherwise disputed. 20,000 BWR bonus points will be awarded if eligible transactions total less than CDN$1,000; 40,000 BWR bonus points will be awarded if eligible transactions total between CDN$1,000-$1,999.99; and 60,000 BWR bonus points will be awarded if eligible transactions total CDN$2,000 or more. In each case, all eligible transactions must occur within 90 days of account opening. Please allow 150 days from the account opening date for the BWR bonus points to be posted to your points account. Limit one-time bonus point offer (no cash value) per new account. This promotion is offered by MBNA and Best Western and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice.
Last edited by momoye on Jun 26th, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4688 upvotes
Note about BW Rewards expiry:
Best Western Rewards points do not expire for members of the North American club, which includes members who reside in North, Central and South America, Asia and South Africa. Points may expire for members who reside in other countries not mentioned above. Please contact the BEST WESTERN REWARDS CUSTOMER CARE center nearest you for additional information.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
There is no annual fee. Very nice.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Mar 7, 2011
604 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
Dang I got this card via GCR for 20k pt + $60 about a month ago..
60k pt is way better :(
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3091 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
Does anyone have a link to the hotel category redemption? Assume different hotels require different rates?
Mar 12, 2009
324 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Marphyin wrote: There is no annual fee. Very nice.
Agreed. Only thing is I already have 2 credit cards. Don't know if I want a third one. My wallet's getting too busy... :D
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
There are 3 ways to get this card:

1) Through the 60K points link described in this thread, which requires $2K spending in 90 days;
2) Through the 40K points link here: https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationform/g ... cale=en_CA
3) Through GCR which gives 20K points + $60.

You should opt for the 60K points link if you do not have a problem with the $2K spending. The other offers are awarded on your first use of the card.
I have done all three offers at some point and prefer the 40K point option.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2489 posts
292 upvotes
Anybody know how long you have to wait, after the last 60k (or other) promo, before you're eligible for the bonus 60k total?
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
Rosico wrote: Does anyone have a link to the hotel category redemption? Assume different hotels require different rates?
You can search for hotels on their site and choose 'Best Western Reward Points' on the rates section. https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US.html

Yes, different hotels have different rates and it will display on your search results. I got into this last year for 60K bonus points and used that on our trip to Tokyo. The hotel was pretty nice and clean and close to the subway, groceries, restaurants, shops, etc. Would highly recommend getting in on this deal.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12708 posts
6224 upvotes
torspiker wrote: You can search for hotels on their site and choose 'Best Western Reward Points' on the rates section. https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US.html

Yes, different hotels have different rates and it will display on your search results. I got into this last year for 60K bonus points and used that on our trip to Tokyo. The hotel was pretty nice and clean and close to the subway, groceries, restaurants, shops, etc. Would highly recommend getting in on this deal.
My experience was totally the opposite in West Palm Beach BW Plus. Wouldn't even consider it a hotel, more like a glorified motel, small rooms, old. Only saving grace was the breakfast. Fortunately we were there for only around 36 hours.
It was so much of a turn off that I will never consider BW again and use the left over points for a GC.
It has a spend amount of $2000 compared to other free points cards, to get the full 60000 points but yes the card is free after the first year too.
Last edited by bobcat99 on Jun 26th, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2017
852 posts
469 upvotes
Darn. Last week I applied using the regular link of 20k promo. I wonder if I can get in on this deal. Haven't received my card yet.
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
bobcat99 wrote: My experience was totally the opposite in West Palm Beach BW Plus. Wouldn't even consider it a hotel, more like a glorified motel, small rooms, old. Only saving grace was the breakfast. Fortunately we were there for only around 36 hours.
It was so much of a turn off that I will never consider BW again and use the left over points for a GC.
It has a spend amount of $2000 compared to other free points cards, to get the full 60000 points but yes the card is free after the first year too.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with BW hotel. I totally agree with you that some of them are just motels. We also have a BW hotel near us and it looks old and worn down. But the one we stayed at in Tokyo is really nice and clean and the staffs are exceptional. We also had it for 12K points per night and was able to get 5 free nights. That's a lot of savings for us right there.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4384 posts
1494 upvotes
QC
For those who have the card, how do you get the gold status? It says 4-6 weeks after 1st purchase but still nothing in my account after 2 months.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)