Hot Deals

[MBNA] Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3098 posts
1042 upvotes
TigerLilly wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 1:55 pm
Well I still haven't applied for this car but will tonight! Is there and additional bonus points for applying through GCR or from a referral or anything like that?
If you apply through GCR you'll get $60 cash back, BUT only for 20,000 points. Even the 40,000 promo would be a better deal.
No referral program, like with Amex.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3382 posts
324 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 3:14 pm
If you apply through GCR you'll get $60 cash back, BUT only for 20,000 points. Even the 40,000 promo would be a better deal.
i just made 2 BW reservs and both emails contained invitation to apply for the BW cc with 40k welcome bonus ...
i think the 40k bonus is awarded right after 1st purchase, right? (ie., no need to wait months ...)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
19798 posts
2932 upvotes
Waterloo
I tried to apply Best Western MBNA 40K offer last 2 or 3 days, from home or work, and always timed out after the wait

Offer link
https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationform/g ... cale=en_CA

Please Wait

Thank you for submitting your application. Please wait while we process your information. This usually takes about 60 seconds, but in some cases, may take up to 2 minutes. Please don't click off this page or you will need to start over.

When we're done, we'll show you the status of your application.
and got this error
The credit card application you are requesting is currently unavailable. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Don't know if it actually submitted... too lazy to call MBNA yet, maybe I'll do that this weekend
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
May 6, 2007
915 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 3:14 pm
Thanks! I'll apply through the link provided here then.
Jan 13, 2017
182 posts
60 upvotes
I have only gotten the 20k points. Has anybody gotten the additional 20k points after first purchase? I applied through the 40k application link in mid June... So wondering if anybody got their 40k points already?
Oct 7, 2008
707 posts
86 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 4:15 pm
I tried to apply Best Western MBNA 40K offer last 2 or 3 days, from home or work, and always timed out after the wait

Offer link
https://apply.mbna.ca/applicationform/g ... cale=en_CA

and got this error

Don't know if it actually submitted... too lazy to call MBNA yet, maybe I'll do that this weekend
I got that message, immediately applied again and it worked. Applied for another mbna card, same thing (your error) , tried again and it worked. Calling MBNA would prolly be a waste unless you wanna apply over the phone.
Jan 20, 2008
860 posts
197 upvotes
I have gotten the first 20K of points, but have not received my 40K points. Its been 1 weeks since I put another 3000 on the card.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3499 posts
436 upvotes
taank wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 10:36 pm
I have gotten the first 20K of points, but have not received my 40K points. Its been 1 weeks since I put another 3000 on the card.
Last year the 40K took a couple months to show up after the 20K for me at MBNA. Then it took a whopping 8 months after being transferred to show up at to Best Western.
May 6, 2007
915 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
SLee wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 11:13 pm
Last year the 40K took a couple months to show up after the 20K for me at MBNA. Then it took a whopping 8 months after being transferred to show up at to Best Western.
Ugh. . . that is annoying. Does phoning speed it up in anyway?
Sep 1, 2015
6 posts
Calgary, AB
Hi, I canceled this card in Feb this year. If I get this card again, will I get rewarded 60,000 points again?? I talked to MBNA only chat and the answer was no you would not get it again but seems like he did not really know about this.

Thanks,
Oct 24, 2010
131 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
What is 1 BW point worth?

is this something that i should just use to get the min $2000 spend and forget about it?(to get the additional 40,000 points)

I currently have:
RBC Avion Privilege (over 2%)
BMO World Elite (2%)
TD Cash back infinite (6% for another 2 months)
CIBC Aeroplan (not sure what perc it is but i dont use it)
-I'm using RBC as my primary card. TD for groceries, recurring pays and gas. not sure if i'm getting the most out of my cards.

I just applied for the MBNA Best Western. ( They told me when my card's approved, they will look to see if I already have a BW account and will automatically link them together)

how long should i wait to apply for the Chase Marriott and/or SPG Amex? I'm assuming having the two is a good combo.

thx,
M
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3499 posts
436 upvotes
TigerLilly wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 7:31 am
Ugh. . . that is annoying. Does phoning speed it up in anyway?
I guess to be fair to MBNA/BW I never called them to speed things up. From the 2016 thread about this promotion, I recall that people were able to save quite a bit of time by being persistent and calling every so often.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1128 posts
159 upvotes
Renous
hey folks!

So, applied for this deal, and was approved last Tue. I knew I had a BW rewards card, but only found it today. Should I wait for the card to come in before linking it to my BW account? I'm hoping to be able to use these points for an Oct. trip, but from the comments from above, it looks like it could take a loooong time.

Comments on adding your BW account before vs after?
Reserved for future time travellers
Aug 8, 2008
953 posts
109 upvotes
Ottawa
patpond wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 4:48 pm
hey folks!

So, applied for this deal, and was approved last Tue. I knew I had a BW rewards card, but only found it today. Should I wait for the card to come in before linking it to my BW account? I'm hoping to be able to use these points for an Oct. trip, but from the comments from above, it looks like it could take a loooong time.

Comments on adding your BW account before vs after?
You cannot add BW number to the card until you actually receive and activate it.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3382 posts
324 upvotes
cell21 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 4:59 pm
You cannot add BW number to the card until you actually receive and activate it.
is it possible to attach your BW account to someone else's BW CC?
for example, if yr spouse applies for the BW CC, would you be able to attach yr BW account to yr spouse's BW CC?

has anyone done this successfully?
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28