Expired Hot Deals

[MBNA] Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1005 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 12:01 am
is it possible to attach your BW account to someone else's BW CC?
for example, if yr spouse applies for the BW CC, would you be able to attach yr BW account to yr spouse's BW CC?

has anyone done this successfully?
That I'm not sure about and want to know as well... Can call and find out.
Apr 17, 2016
26 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
ValueHunter999 wrote:
for example, if yr spouse applies for the BW CC, would you be able to attach yr BW account to yr spouse's BW CC?

I don't know if this can be done, but I do know it is easy to transfer the points from yourself to your spouse (or vice versa). As long as both best western accounts have the same mailing address, call in and ask to transfer from one to the other. Took me about 10mins when I did it last year.
Mar 2, 2014
278 posts
73 upvotes
Looks like they removed Amazon.COM redemption, I see Amazon.CA only :(
Oct 7, 2008
794 posts
100 upvotes
jureddee wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 11:04 am
Hi, I canceled this card in Feb this year. If I get this card again, will I get rewarded 60,000 points again?? I talked to MBNA only chat and the answer was no you would not get it again but seems like he did not really know about this.

Thanks,
If the person who reviews your application feels you are "abusing" the promotion you won't get it (the card). Same situation as yours but for an Alaska card got refused recently citing "abuse". Looks like they are now clamping down even on ppl who get one card every year. Furthermore they may say you can never get it again, however I'm doubtful of that. YMMV.
Aug 8, 2012
29 posts
413 upvotes
I applied for this card and received an "unable to provide a decision." A credit analyst may be in contact in 10-15 business days regarding your request. The last CC I applied for was a Marriott in May (for the fx) and before that was a TD Visa Infinite last July. Applied for the TD in branch because I had some other stuff there as well. Marriott was approved right away online. I'm just confused how I could not be approved for this. I am self employed so not sure if that had anything to do with it. My spouse works for an employer but has a smaller annual income than I and got approved right away. Would it have better to put down that I was employed and use my company as my employer instead?
Mar 2, 2014
278 posts
73 upvotes
sookiesdream wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 3:02 pm
I applied for this card and received an "unable to provide a decision." A credit analyst may be in contact in 10-15 business days regarding your request. The last CC I applied for was a Marriott in May (for the fx) and before that was a TD Visa Infinite last July. Applied for the TD in branch because I had some other stuff there as well. Marriott was approved right away online. I'm just confused how I could not be approved for this. I am self employed so not sure if that had anything to do with it. My spouse works for an employer but has a smaller annual income than I and got approved right away. Would it have better to put down that I was employed and use my company as my employer instead?
You can just call them and ask status, he will tell you if its more information required.
I got the same error and I called next day, I had to answer security questions to verify my identity due to People's trust security flag on my credit file.
Oct 26, 2016
102 posts
67 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote:

cell21 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 6:05 am
That I'm not sure about and want to know as well... Can call and find out.
gfnstew wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 6:12 am
I don't know if this can be done, but I do know it is easy to transfer the points from yourself to your spouse (or vice versa). As long as both best western accounts have the same mailing address, call in and ask to transfer from one to the other. Took me about 10mins when I did it last year.
cessnabmw wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 7:22 am
If my wife and I apply separately, can we merge to one points card?
Answer for all of you, is yes singular account for multiple people works. I applied for both myself and my girlfriend on July 2nd. Received the cards in the mail Jul 11th, called in right away to activate and link the BW account to the cards. Both of us put the # to my account, they did not ask or fuss, no one seemed to look into if the account names match. Made a purchase on each card, the day after the first statements the 40,000 points of each of us were deposited right away (July 21st and 25th respectively). So I've got the net 80,000, no one anywhere asked any questions or had any concerns.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10131 posts
985 upvotes
Markham
Any recent data points from people on how long it took you to get your points?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3557 posts
1326 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 5:44 pm
Any recent data points from people on how long it took you to get your points?
Made an initial purchase, and saw 20K posted at the MBNA Rewards site. Then after the first statement cycled, the points were transferred to BestWestern.com by the next day. Very fast this time around.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39349 posts
1447 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bizee-bee wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 6:06 pm
Made an initial purchase, and saw 20K posted at the MBNA Rewards site. Then after the first statement cycled, the points were transferred to BestWestern.com by the next day. Very fast this time around.
In the past when people complained about slow points accumulation, was it the initial 20K or the subsequent 40K? It would be interesting to see if the remaining 40K is also fast now.
**BRAND NEW** Unlocked LG G5 - Silver **$300**
Silver Coins | LG G5 Silver | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Jul 4, 2017
185 posts
24 upvotes
Did this deal change? I thought it was 20k for initial purchase, 40k for $1000 spend, 60k for $2000 spend, but the link in the OP only has 20k for initial purchase?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3557 posts
1326 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 6:52 pm
In the past when people complained about slow points accumulation, was it the initial 20K or the subsequent 40K? It would be interesting to see if the remaining 40K is also fast now.
From the 60K promo last summer 2016, the first-purchase 20K showed up on the first statement, and then a few days later they showed up at BestWestern.com.

For the additional 20K+20K=40K after spending $1K+$1K=$2K, even if you met the spending within the first month you still had to wait till the 3rd statement to get the points. I saw my additional 40K points posting at the MBNA Rewards site a few days before my 3rd statement actually cycled. Once the statement closed I saw the points move to Bestwestern.com in 6 days (as per my fuzzy notes).