Expired Hot Deals

[MBNA] Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3537 posts
1319 upvotes
setsunafseiei wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 9:07 pm
Ah I already applied, I was sure I used that deal but because the link in the OP changed I was second guessing myself. Thanks!
Yep. OP should edit the first post to remove that link. It's not the one for the 60K promo at all. Hope there won't be too many people who apply with the wrong link. Looks like it got modified by RFD's engine, and only offers 20K.

The source code for the 60K promo is "DAAQ19".

The 20K link listed in the OP post has source code of "DAAC01". I also see a familiar RFD affiliated code embedded in that URL string: "CAqD7". Errr....hmmm.
Sep 15, 2014
764 posts
128 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
markymark01 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 9:43 am
is it true that these guys don't offer the option to switch from one card to another?
Was treated very badly by MBNA before. Switched my smart cash World mc to a visa without my knowledge or consent. I needed a MasterCard, but they would not switch me to the one I wanted. They would switch me to an inferior card (the non-world sc).

F--- em. I am considering signing up for this just for the points, but I'll drop it as soon as the 60000 points are mine. Strictly for churning. Will never have a MBNA card for regular daily use again!
Cell phones: Zoomer Wireless, Fido.
Credit Cards: Amex Business Gold, Amex SPG

Aggressively collecting SPG points..
Aug 12, 2003
330 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 5:56 pm
Yep. OP should edit the first post to remove that link. It's not the one for the 60K promo at all. Hope there won't be too many people who apply with the wrong link. Looks like it got modified by RFD's engine, and only offers 20K.

The 20K link listed in the OP post has source code of "DAAC01". I also see a familiar RFD affiliated code embedded in that URL string: "CAqD7". Errr....hmmm.
When did that link change? I was pretty sure when I applied through the link it was 60,000 pts. Just got the card in the mail, is there anyway to check?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3797 posts
375 upvotes
Ottawa
GoogleFish wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 9:27 pm
When did that link change? I was pretty sure when I applied through the link it was 60,000 pts. Just got the card in the mail, is there anyway to check?
yes, you can call mbna and ask them the promo code that you used for the application ... they should have that ... based on my own experience a while back ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Aug 27, 2012
202 posts
114 upvotes
Calgary
sookiesdream wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 3:02 pm
I applied for this card and received an "unable to provide a decision." A credit analyst may be in contact in 10-15 business days regarding your request. The last CC I applied for was a Marriott in May (for the fx) and before that was a TD Visa Infinite last July. Applied for the TD in branch because I had some other stuff there as well. Marriott was approved right away online. I'm just confused how I could not be approved for this. I am self employed so not sure if that had anything to do with it. My spouse works for an employer but has a smaller annual income than I and got approved right away. Would it have better to put down that I was employed and use my company as my employer instead?
My GF had the same. Ended up having to do identity verification at Canada Post (show picture ID and sign). After that card showed up in mail in a week or so.
Feb 4, 2009
131 posts
16 upvotes
Langley
I receive my 20K points on first purchase, waiting for next 20K to show up after spending 1K recently.
Apr 1, 2010
180 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 9:33 pm
yes, you can call mbna and ask them the promo code that you used for the application ... they should have that ... based on my own experience a while back ...
I used the 60k link to apply and when I called them after receiving my card, the call centre rep couldn't find any promo code applied and I had to have him type in the full URL for him to see that such an offer even existed. Had to say "no dude it's DAAQ19" and he's like "oh there it is, well sir if u used that link u should be fine. BW will have that on file and you should get ur pts".

So I'm pretty skeptical I will get anything beyond 20k already received after first purchase. Has anyone gotten the full 60k yet?
Mar 17, 2006
833 posts
98 upvotes
Damn.

The link now just states 20,000... Diamond Status if you spend $10,000 in a year.

Wonder if it screws the people that signed up with the 60k point deal... same promo code.
Feb 27, 2009
576 posts
181 upvotes
Anyone know the time required before applying, getting credit and then closing credit card and then reapplying to get new credit?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4535 posts
192 upvotes
kendorama wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 10:53 pm
Damn.

The link now just states 20,000... Diamond Status if you spend $10,000 in a year.

Wonder if it screws the people that signed up with the 60k point deal... same promo code.

It appears to be a different source code (DAAQ19 is the code for the 60K offer).

For some reason, RFD converts the link in the OP to the 20K offer... but the 60K offer is still on the MBNA web site.
Feb 4, 2009
131 posts
16 upvotes
Langley
Ugggh I guess I have to call them to confirm. No point in getting this card just for one night.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3537 posts
1319 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 5:56 pm

GoogleFish wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 9:27 pm
I used the link in the OP of this thread back in early June. It was still the 60K link at that time. I also make screenshots of my applications and can confirm the 60K wording plus the URL string with the correct "DAAQ19" clearly shown.

At this point you can call MBNA and ask them if they see the same source code in your application file. Depending on the rep they may or may not be able to see it. Ask for a higher level rep if you get one that says they can't see it. Or, HUACA and you may get a better rep that is "stronger".

Don't just ask them "will I get 60K?", as half of them really just don't know. Arm yourself with the knowledge of this promo and help yourself to get the answers you need. As a last resort, refer to your application's screenshots as proof. Good Luck!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1579 posts
601 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 5:47 pm
From the 60K promo last summer 2016, the first-purchase 20K showed up on the first statement, and then a few days later they showed up at BestWestern.com.

For the additional 20K+20K=40K after spending $1K+$1K=$2K, even if you met the spending within the first month you still had to wait till the 3rd statement to get the points. I saw my additional 40K points posting at the MBNA Rewards site a few days before my 3rd statement actually cycled. Once the statement closed I saw the points move to Bestwestern.com in 6 days (as per my fuzzy notes).
Sorry if this was answered already but do you HAVE TO open a BW account? What if you don't have an exisiting BW account already? Will they open one for you? How does it work? thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2035 posts
1426 upvotes
Mordor
pongster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:46 pm
Sorry if this was answered already but do you HAVE TO open a BW account? What if you don't have an exisiting BW account already? Will they open one for you? How does it work? thanks!
open 1 just before you call to activate your card. do so before they tried transferring the BW pts.
or your BW pts will be lost (or in limbo state). no harm to do it now while you are waiting for your card anyway....it's free to join.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1579 posts
601 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:47 pm
open 1 just before you call to activate your card. do so before they tried transferring the BW pts.
or your BW pts will be lost (or in limbo state). no harm to do it now while you are waiting for your card anyway....it's free to join.
actually it's too late for me because I didnt read up on this until after I got first statement already (I see 20K pts) ...I will hit the 2K spend easy ..... so should I open a BW now? and call them to link? what's the best way for my situation? thx