Expired Hot Deals

[MBNA] Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3557 posts
1326 upvotes
pongster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:56 pm
actually it's too late for me because I didnt read up on this until after I got first statement already (I see 20K pts) ...I will hit the 2K spend easy ..... so should I open a BW now? and call them to link? what's the best way for my situation? thx
If your first statement has already posted then it's probably too late to open a BWR account now, the points are Iikly already on the way to the BWR account that was opened for you. If MBNA didn't give you your BWR info, call up BW and see if they can locate it for you based on your name and address.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2037 posts
1426 upvotes
Mordor
pongster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:56 pm
actually it's too late for me because I didnt read up on this until after I got first statement already (I see 20K pts) ...I will hit the 2K spend easy ..... so should I open a BW now? and call them to link? what's the best way for my situation? thx
also, loggin into your mbna .... does it say 20k transfered?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1587 posts
604 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:17 pm
also, loggin into your mbna .... does it say 20k transfered?
when I click on transfer activitiy, Yeah it says "07/24/2017 Points Transfer Transfer -20,297" .....so does that mean they opened a BW account for me? And that I have to contact them to get the BW#? .....
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3557 posts
1326 upvotes
pongster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:29 pm
when I click on transfer activitiy, Yeah it says "07/24/2017 Points Transfer Transfer -20,297" .....so does that mean they opened a BW account for me? And that I have to contact them to get the BW#? .....
I've never ad to contact an FI to get a FFP membership number because I always use an existing ore-created account. So I'm not sure what you need to do to get your BWR info from MBNA...they might just say that you need to contact BWR. One time my BWR # was incorrectly linked to my application (partially my fault) so at the first statement I didn't bother MBNA for the info, and called BWR directly, who found both my existing and new account and merged the new points into the older existing account. They located my BWR accounts based on name and address, perhaps also phone number, I don't recall. I would try calling BWR first, in your case.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1587 posts
604 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:47 pm
I've never ad to contact an FI to get a FFP membership number because I always use an existing ore-created account. So I'm not sure what you need to do to get your BWR info from MBNA...they might just say that you need to contact BWR. One time my BWR # was incorrectly linked to my application (partially my fault) so at the first statement I didn't bother MBNA for the info, and called BWR directly, who found both my existing and new account and merged the new points into the older existing account. They located my BWR accounts based on name and address, perhaps also phone number, I don't recall. I would try calling BWR first, in your case.
Thx for all the answers bizee-bee and ShadowMordor ..... I will wait a bit and see if BW sends me any email/mail ...if not I guess I will call them to find out my new BW account that was opened for me by MBNA !
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3557 posts
1326 upvotes
pongster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 4:06 pm
Thx for all the answers bizee-bee and ShadowMordor ..... I will wait a bit and see if BW sends me any email/mail ...if not I guess I will call them to find out my new BW account that was opened for me by MBNA !
NP.

I've just remembered now. In addition to calling MBNA to link my existing BWR number to the card during or before receiving and activating, I will often also call again to re-verify, just before the first statement cycles, and at that point MBNA reps have been able to see the BWR number listed on the card account. With the number provided, in your case, you should be able to get help from BW to create or access the login account and setup a password.

It's such a hassle, as far as I'm concerned so I always have made sure I've pre-created a new FFP account on my own, beforehand. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1587 posts
604 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 4:55 pm
NP.

I've just remembered now. In addition to calling MBNA to link my existing BWR number to the card during or before receiving and activating, I will often also call again to re-verify, just before the first statement cycles, and at that point MBNA reps have been able to see the BWR number listed on the card account. With the number provided, in your case, you should be able to get help from BW to create or access the login account and setup a password.

It's such a hassle, as far as I'm concerned so I always have made sure I've pre-created a new FFP account on my own, beforehand. Good luck.
I just spoke to both MBNA and BW ....LOL ...they have no clue ....anyway.... setup the BW# on the phone (MBNA did not pass info over) .....then I called MBNA back to provide them with my BW# ...next steps is to give them a few days/weeks and I will follow up to ensure I get all 60K points
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3557 posts
1326 upvotes
pongster wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 11:32 am
I just spoke to both MBNA and BW ....LOL ...they have no clue ....anyway.... setup the BW# on the phone (MBNA did not pass info over) .....then I called MBNA back to provide them with my BW# ...next steps is to give them a few days/weeks and I will follow up to ensure I get all 60K points
Do you mean you set up a newly created BWR # over the phone? Or you linked up access to the # that was created for you? If the latter, great, and you should see the initial 20K already there or very soon, since your statement already cycled a few days ago. Otherwise you may need to locate the points in a different account and have them moved over.

If last year's 60K promo is a precedent, then the first additional 20K after $1K spending won't appear until the third statement, along with the second additional 20K after another $1K spending (total cumulative $2K spending). Hopefully you'll have resolved your BWR# issues by then and are seeing the initial 20K after first purchase.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1587 posts
604 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 11:47 am
Do you mean you set up a newly created BWR # over the phone? Or you linked up access to the # that was created for you? If the latter, great, and you should see the initial 20K already there or very soon, since your statement already cycled a few days ago. Otherwise you may need to locate the points in a different account and have them moved over.

If last year's 60K promo is a precedent, then the first additional 20K after $1K spending won't appear until the third statement, along with the second additional 20K after another $1K spending (total cumulative $2K spending). Hopefully you'll have resolved your BWR# issues by then and are seeing the initial 20K after first purchase.
MBNA said they didn't set one up .... the BW guys couldn't find my info so that basically confirmed it .....so I had to set up a new BW# .....I then called MBNA back to link ...the BW guys also said someone from BW will call me to sort this out ....so sounds pretty reasonable
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3557 posts
1326 upvotes
pongster wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 11:57 am
MBNA said they didn't set one up .... the BW guys couldn't find my info so that basically confirmed it .....so I had to set up a new BW# .....I then called MBNA back to link ...the BW guys also said someone from BW will call me to sort this out ....so sounds pretty reasonable
The points will get awarded eventually, though if I were in a rush for the points I would be fairly turned off by this mess. I'm on my 6th go-around with this card so I've got plenty in the bank (wife too), so not a big deal if delayed. Keep this in mind for your future cc signups who are partnered with a 3rd party program - create the account first and don't rely on the card issuer to do it for you. I've done this with BWR, Airmiles, Marriott and even Choice Hotels back when MBNA offered a MC for this lower-tiered hotel program. Got a couple of great European stays from those last remaining Choice points just last summer. :)
Last edited by bizee-bee on Aug 4th, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 20, 2008
913 posts
225 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 12:18 pm
The points will get awarded eventually, though if I were in a rush for the points I would be fairly turned off by this mess. I'm on my 6th go-around with this card so I've got plenty in the bank (wife too), so not a big deal if delayed. Keep this in mind for your future cc signups who are partnered with a 3rd party program - create the account first and don't rely on the card issuer to do it for you. I've done this with BWR, Airmiles, Marriott and even Choice Hotels back when MBNA offere a MC for these program. Got a couple of great European stays from those last remaining points just last summer. :)
When I signed up for my wife, the BW card was created automatically, when I log into the MNBA site and then check rewards on the left side. So for 20K have showed up. Still waiting on my 40K to show up.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1181 posts
185 upvotes
Renous
bizee-bee wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 11:47 am
That's a bummer. Was hoping to use these at the end of Sept / beginning of Oct. for a trip down south.

Looks like we'll have to plan a second trip .. thanks for the excuse MBNA, Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Reserved for future time travellers
May 6, 2007
974 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
patpond wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 6:05 pm
That's a bummer. Was hoping to use these at the end of Sept / beginning of Oct. for a trip down south.

Looks like we'll have to plan a second trip .. thanks for the excuse MBNA, Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I thought they'd get added right away. I was thinking of using them for a trip at the end of August but I guess that won't work now.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3557 posts
1326 upvotes
patpond wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 6:05 pm

TigerLilly wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 7:20 pm
I thought they'd get added right away. I was thinking of using them for a trip at the end of August but I guess that won't work now.
Well, I'm giving you the datapoints from last year's 60K promo. If you want to read through the posts, here's the link to that thread:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-wes ... e-1978927/

Too bad the mods didn't lock that thread, as now there are people posting there for answers, when they should be posting here. Or merge the two threads.

Anyways, only the initial 20K after first purchase will appear after the first statement closing date. The next 2x 20K won't post till the third statement, if the same pattern repeats this year. But, we won't know yet for sure till some people from this year's promo see their second statement. Anyone there yet, and can offer some feedback?

Edit: just wanted to add, the first time a 60K promo was in play (2013?) I spent $2K shortly after my first statement. Got the next 40K on my second statement, but I was in the minority. Most had to wait till the third statement.
Mar 31, 2013
75 posts
17 upvotes
Sherwood Park
bhp wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 2:10 am
I made the mistake of not providing a BW account, long story short, mbna says it issued points to BW, BW says they didn't receive them, back and forth, finally got mbna to reissue points after 6 or 7 months. I basically called mbna each month.
Same here, except I was calling them every two weeks. I know their on hold song by heart now.