Expired Hot Deals

[MBNA] Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

May 6, 2007
974 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 7:49 pm
Well, I'm giving you the datapoints from last year's 60K promo. If you want to read through the posts, here's the link to that thread:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-wes ... e-1978927/

Too bad the mods didn't lock that thread, as now there are people posting there for answers, when they should be posting here. Or merge the two threads.

Anyways, only the initial 20K after first purchase will appear after the first statement closing date. The next 2x 20K won't post till the third statement, if the same pattern repeats this year. But, we won't know yet for sure till some people from this year's promo see their second statement. Anyone there yet, and can offer some feedback?

Edit: just wanted to add, the first time a 60K promo was in play (2013?) I spent $2K shortly after my first statement. Got the next 40K on my second statement, but I was in the minority. Most had to wait till the third statement.
Thanks for the link. I'll post here once I start getting the points but as I just got it it'll be awhile.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1181 posts
185 upvotes
Renous
bizee-bee wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 7:49 pm

Anyways, only the initial 20K after first purchase will appear after the first statement closing date. The next 2x 20K won't post till the third statement, if the same pattern repeats this year. But, we won't know yet for sure till some people from this year's promo see their second statement. Anyone there yet, and can offer some feedback?

Edit: just wanted to add, the first time a 60K promo was in play (2013?) I spent $2K shortly after my first statement. Got the next 40K on my second statement, but I was in the minority. Most had to wait till the third statement.
I'll post my experience once everything is said and done. Applied in mid July, got the card near the end of July, my statement closing date was Aug. 4. I spent $2000+ by Aug. 2 (so before the first statement closed). Right now I see a bonus of 20,000 plus the 1 point for every dollar spent.

I'll follow up when I see any sign of the other 40,000, but everyone interested will probably already know Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Reserved for future time travellers
Nov 16, 2013
85 posts
17 upvotes
Qu
I don't see anything about 60,000 points when I follow the link... Does it work anyways?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1181 posts
185 upvotes
Renous
atomicstabby wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 4:50 pm
I don't see anything about 60,000 points when I follow the link... Does it work anyways?

Thanks
hmm... try this link : From Jerryhung's thread, not sure why the link in this thread doesn't go to the same page
Reserved for future time travellers
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3816 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa
patpond wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 8:55 pm
hmm... try this link : From Jerryhung's thread, not sure why the link in this thread doesn't go to the same page
i think urls that compete wih rfd will be mangled ... be careful when clicking on links in posts ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Apr 1, 2010
180 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
patpond wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 8:49 am
I'll post my experience once everything is said and done. Applied in mid July, got the card near the end of July, my statement closing date was Aug. 4. I spent $2000+ by Aug. 2 (so before the first statement closed). Right now I see a bonus of 20,000 plus the 1 point for every dollar spent.

I'll follow up when I see any sign of the other 40,000, but everyone interested will probably already know Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Same here. Applied for the card July 9, first purchase made July 21, first statement closing date Aug 8. I hadn't spent 1K by the closing date, but am over 1K as of today. Right now I see a bonus of 20K plus the 1 point for every dollar spent under the "Earning Activity" Rewards page on mbna.ca, and 20K plus my closing balance under the "Transfer Activity" Rewards page. Will also follow up next month. Hopefully bizee-bee is right about the other 40K pts, or this will have all been a waste and I'll cancel it.
Feb 4, 2009
133 posts
16 upvotes
Langley
If my maths is right I'm $126 away from 2K. I haven't got my 2nd statement yet but I will post if I get anything.
Jul 2, 2017
18 posts
3 upvotes
When I called MBNA I was told the first 20K was offered by MBNA but the other 40K was offered by Best Western as a bonus. If this is true, will the 40K ever show up in the rewards section of the MBNA account? or will it be triggered after the base 2K points hit your BW rewards account and then added to the BW account? just wondering.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3553 posts
1323 upvotes
satanshollow wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 5:04 pm
If my maths is right I'm $126 away from 2K. I haven't got my 2nd statement yet but I will post if I get anything.
Datney wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 2:45 am
When I called MBNA I was told the first 20K was offered by MBNA but the other 40K was offered by Best Western as a bonus. If this is true, will the 40K ever show up in the rewards section of the MBNA account? or will it be triggered after the base 2K points hit your BW rewards account and then added to the BW account? just wondering.
I'm over $2K already, with a little buffer, just in case. At the MBNA Rewards page I saw neither the 20K when exceeding $1K, nor the next 20K when reaching $2K total spend. My 2nd statement will cycle next week.

Last year's 60K promo, I saw 40K posted online at MBNA Rewards page a few days before my 3rd statement cycled. Then saw them on my statement. Then saw them at BWR account shortly after. I don't know why they say it's offered by Best Western (said the same thing to people, as reported in last year's thread), but the points DID show up for me at the MBNA Rewards page, both the initial 20K and final lump sum 40K.
Jun 29, 2005
367 posts
30 upvotes
i cancelled mbna best western card last month. do u think i can apply for it now and get the bonus points?
Jul 21, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
I applied, decision pending. Also it did not ask for BWR number. Is that account auto created when card is approved ?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3553 posts
1323 upvotes
seeker123 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:34 am
I applied, decision pending. Also it did not ask for BWR number. Is that account auto created when card is approved ?
MBNA took away the field entry for the BWR and Alaska Air membership account numbers a couple of years ago. The Mileage Plan field is back now on the Alaska Air MC application page, but for whatever reason they've continued to omit it from the Best Western MC application - maybe they want to shoo-away the existing BWR members?

Anyways, sign up on your own at BestWestern.com, if you don't already have a BWR account. Then when you get your new card activated, call and have them link in your BWR #. You can call before you get the card, but it's 50/50 that you'll get a high-level rep that can accomplish this. There's no rush, just do the association before the first statement cycles. Look back a few pages, you'll see conversations about this very topic. Avoid the potential hassles of waiting for MBNA/Best Western to create an account for you. They can do it, but most datapoints tend to be of frustrations if you don't link an existing self-created number.
Jan 13, 2017
246 posts
79 upvotes
I will be spending about the 2K limit by the end of this month....I hope I get my 40K points in by end of November(3rd statement). Need to book a trip for January.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1059 posts
493 upvotes
Montreal
did the 60k offer expired ? giving me a message error :-/