Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
MBNA

Best Western Reward MBNA MC - 60K bonus is back?

Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7371 posts
9174 upvotes
Montreal
TesseracT8 wrote: [snip]

Someone probably already answered it but how do we enter our BWR account number? Is it in our credit card profil because there was nothing in the signup form. Just to be sure that i won't have to call them again.
Unfortunately, there's no way to add it without calling them.
Jan 14, 2017
753 posts
686 upvotes
torspiker wrote: Depends on where you go. You can look up on their site and see how many points you need for redeeming a room. Earlier this year, we were in Tokyo and stayed at BW for 12K per night. The hotel was fairly decent and close to the subway, restaurants and shops.
Sorry, if you do not mind, which hotel?
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
Vasyllaw wrote: Thank you! It fluctuates depending on a month and a day. For April 2018, it shows 12600 per night for members. Would you recommend this hotel?
Ah, makes sense. Yes, would highly recommend it. I am not sure if you had stayed at business hotels in Tokyo before and this is your typical business hotel. The hotel and rooms are clean and the staffs are excellent. They have fluent english and mandarin speaking staffs on site and they are super helpful. The hotel is near the subway and there are lots of small shops, restaurants within walking distance. They also have free shuttle bus services to and from Tokyo Disneyland and that's a huge plus. You would need to reserve the seats in advance though and you can do that prior to check in. Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1618 posts
110 upvotes
Just applied today, and got a message saying "Received & Pending". Do they actually would call you later or just send you an e-mail regarding your application?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
TesseracT8 wrote: It's such a pain to receive that card. Got approved 2 days ago but the fraud department called to told me that I had to call a number. So i call them and after 30 minutes someones tells me that i have to call from my work to confirm my job number.

So i call from my office this morning, after 1 hour and talking to 4 persons putting me on hold 15 minutes each times someone finally tells me that the right department is not open right now and i have to call back later. Also that i can't call this department directly and have to do that all over again by calling card services. What a waste of time and i already have a card with them...wtf.

Someone probably already answered it but how do we enter our BWR account number? Is it in our credit card profil because there was nothing in the signup form. Just to be sure that i won't have to call them again.
They've obviously detected some peculiarity with your application, so unfortunately (for your own security and protection) they are going the full distance that someone isn't stealing your identity, even though you have an existing card with them (the thief might have this card in their posession, right?).

Don't worry about providing your BWR number until after you have activated the card. You can cross your fingers and hope they link to your existing BWR account but why chance it? Call them during card activation and provide the number then. I used to call to link before getting the card but the success level is 50/50 at this stage, as most front-level reps can't do this until after your card is activated.

Much better to call to add/link your BWR number after card activation and before the first statement closes, rather than before you receive the card, trust me on this.

Good luck.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
torspiker wrote: Tokyo Nishikasai : https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/ ... 78529.html . I just checked and looks like they increased the points 16K per night for Mar 2018.
Stayed at this one a couple of times. We knew it wouldn't stay at 8K per nite for long, and the next year it increased to 12K, same time of year. If you book early enough you may get a wider range of room choices, and we found the rooms with 2 beds to be a better option, because of the larger footprint (sq ft).

This hotel is one of the 'special' non-charging BW hotels. ;)
Jan 14, 2017
753 posts
686 upvotes
torspiker wrote: Ah, makes sense. Yes, would highly recommend it. I am not sure if you had stayed at business hotels in Tokyo before and this is your typical business hotel. The hotel and rooms are clean and the staffs are excellent. They have fluent english and mandarin speaking staffs on site and they are super helpful. The hotel is near the subway and there are lots of small shops, restaurants within walking distance. They also have free shuttle bus services to and from Tokyo Disneyland and that's a huge plus. You would need to reserve the seats in advance though and you can do that prior to check in. Hope this helps.
It helps a lot. I am an SPG fan, have no experience with BW except one stay in the US, which was close to the horrible experience. Glad to hear I can use the points in Japan with some good perks.
Jan 14, 2017
753 posts
686 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Stayed at this one a couple of times. We knew it wouldn't stay at 8K per nite for long, and the next year it increased to 12K, same time of year. If you book early enough you may get a wider range of room choices, and we found the rooms with 2 beds to be a better option, because of the larger footprint (sq ft).

This hotel is one of the 'special' non-charging BW hotels. ;)
8K per stay in Japan would make this card to become my main card. Smiling Face With Open Mouth "Non-charging"???Black Question Mark Ornament
Jun 12, 2010
844 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
Recently applied for and was approved for MBNA Alaska Air WE - if I apply for this are they going to hard check me again?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9332 upvotes
where I belong
frankc92 wrote: Recently applied for and was approved for MBNA Alaska Air WE - if I apply for this are they going to hard check me again?
Most likely

I applied BW one first, and then Alaska (just saw GCR $60 email today = I'm approved), but I don't bother checking my credit scores/report anyway
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6260 upvotes
Can we transfer points between accounts? I got approved a few days back and since we will be doing some renovation, spend $2K in 3 months should not be a problem. I am planning to have my wife apply for this card too before Aug 31. She tried Marriott twice with no success.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7371 posts
9174 upvotes
Montreal
frankc92 wrote: Recently applied for and was approved for MBNA Alaska Air WE - if I apply for this are they going to hard check me again?
I applied for both this one and the Alaska Airlines MC two weeks ago and I only got one hard pull.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7371 posts
9174 upvotes
Montreal
mkl38s wrote: Can we transfer points between accounts? I got approved a few days back and since we will be doing some renovation, spend $2K in 3 months should not be a problem. I am planning to have my wife apply for this card too before Aug 31. She tried Marriott twice with no success.
Not sure about transferring between BW rewards accounts, but certainly when she applies for the card, she can call in and add your BW rewards number to her credit card.
Jun 12, 2010
844 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
jerryhung wrote: Most likely

I applied BW one first, and then Alaska (just saw GCR $60 email today = I'm approved), but I don't bother checking my credit scores/report anyway
efrant wrote: I applied for both this one and the Alaska Airlines MC two weeks ago and I only got one hard pull.
Great, thanks. Would it be worthwhile to call in and ask if they'd pull again for a subsequent application?
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Can we transfer points between accounts? I got approved a few days back and since we will be doing some renovation, spend $2K in 3 months should not be a problem. I am planning to have my wife apply for this card too before Aug 31. She tried Marriott twice with no success.
BW does allow you to transfer points between accounts provided you share the same physical address. You just call up the BW Rewards program and give them your account number, then get your wife on the line with her account number to authorize the transfer of points from her account to yours.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
MBNA haven't pulled my file in the past 3 or 4 applications. Apps have been about 3-6 months apart. Remember, it's nice to avoid pulls, especially as a churner and because certain FIs don't like to see many recent 'hard ones' but the bigger impact comes later when the new card is added to your bureau file.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
I just got approved for it,and I'm so tempted to apply for MBNA platinum plus through RateSupermarket but I think I will wait,4 credit cards applications within 5 months,4 approval and one half decline.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6260 upvotes
My wife just got approved too as today is the last day. I guess we will have wait and see if we can squeeze $4000 in the next 90 days to get 120K bonus