Tags:
None
[OP]
May 8, 2009
8551 posts
4332 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W

MBNA Cards with BT Promo's

Since the Platinum Plus card is grandfathered, here's a fresh start where we can discuss the various plastics in the MBNA deck that offer into balance transfer promotions.

Why consider going for a different card? MBNA will probably not let the same cardholder acquire more than one of the same card. Here we can shuffle the deck and keep our high balances with MBNA.

0%/10 months

0%/6 months

1.99%/10 months
This list probably won't be kept up to date as quickly. Any of the school cards found on this page used to offer intro BT promo's, now instead they're all 2% G/G/Resto cards.
When you want a new BT offer, make sure you apply for a different card than the one you have. Then, pay off your current balance, move CL to the new card, and borrow again.

OLD 0%/10 months LIST
Many broken links here.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Thread Summary
For next to no risk leveraging opportunities:
* TFSA thread
* HISA thread (non-TFSA)

***2018 DECEMBER PROMO***
TrueLine (no-AF) 0%/10 months via GreedyRates, source code DABO49, direct link here
535 replies
Jan 24, 2015
135 posts
25 upvotes
York, ON
I missed out on the earlier offer and instead of kicking myself for it for too long, I decided to apply for the Athabasca University MC, and got instant approval, CL of $4500. I have an older Smart Cash Visa (no fee) with a much larger limit of $11900. When is the best time to call them and move the Credit Limit to the new card? Thanks
Temp. Banned
Aug 24, 2016
5167 posts
4188 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
I’m confused.
Why is there an annual fee SC, and a no fee SC, with (what appears) the exact same reward rate etc...?
Nov 8, 2017
814 posts
367 upvotes
I get constant offers from rbc visa for BT. 1.99 % every couple months.
[OP]
May 8, 2009
8551 posts
4332 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Steejn wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 12:58 pm
I missed out on the earlier offer and instead of kicking myself for it for too long, I decided to apply for the Athabasca University MC, and got instant approval, CL of $4500. I have an older Smart Cash Visa (no fee) with a much larger limit of $11900. When is the best time to call them and move the Credit Limit to the new card? Thanks
Move CL the moment you call in to activate the card.
coolintheshade wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 1:22 pm
I’m confused.
Why is there an annual fee SC, and a no fee SC, with (what appears) the exact same reward rate etc...?
+1
This is a very mysterious thing. Some source codes offer the same cards with better promo's than what's posted on their website. Sometimes these offers are only made available via affiliate links, but if we know the links (or at least source codes) and the page loads up, we should be able to apply with the offer. Works in an overly similar fashion to TD CT.
User455957 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 2:36 pm
I get constant offers from rbc visa for BT. 1.99 % every couple months.
Ok. What's the BT one time fee though? How long is the promotional 1.99% applicable for? Generally RBC's BT offers are for 10 months, right?
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Nov 22, 2012
187 posts
125 upvotes
AMHERST
coolintheshade wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 1:22 pm
I’m confused.
MBNA added the $39 fee for new applications.
Nov 22, 2012
187 posts
125 upvotes
AMHERST
Steejn wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 12:58 pm
Best time to call is early in the morning, at least 2 days before you want to initiate the balance transfer.
Temp. Banned
Aug 24, 2016
5167 posts
4188 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
jevonb wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 3:13 pm
MBNA added the $39 fee for new applications.
That’s why I’m confused.
This no fee link shouldn’t exist, and I doubt they’ll honour it if someone were to use it to apply for one.
Nov 8, 2017
814 posts
367 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 3:10 pm
Move CL the moment you call in to activate the card.

+1
This is a very mysterious thing. Some source codes offer the same cards with better promo's than what's posted on their website. Sometimes these offers are only made available via affiliate links, but if we know the links (or at least source codes) and the page loads up, we should be able to apply with the offer. Works in an overly similar fashion to TD CT.

Ok. What's the BT one time fee though? How long is the promotional 1.99% applicable for? Generally RBC's BT offers are for 10 months, right?
1% fee. 10 months.
Jun 15, 2005
952 posts
128 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 4:25 pm
Since the Platinum Plus card is grandfathered, here's a fresh start where we can discuss the various plastics in the MBNA deck that offer into balance transfer promotions.

Why consider going for a different card? MBNA will probably not let the same cardholder acquire more than one of the same card. Here we can shuffle the deck and keep our high balances with MBNA.

0%/10 months
Thanks for creating this thread so that we know which cards to cycle through.
Did you want to add the following cards to the 0%/10 month section?
- Algonquin
- Fanshawe
[OP]
May 8, 2009
8551 posts
4332 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
User455957 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 4:37 pm
1% fee. 10 months.
MBNA's 0%/10 months is better.
Arkaine wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 4:40 pm
Thanks for creating this thread so that we know which cards to cycle through.
Did you want to add the following cards to the 0%/10 month section?
- Algonquin
- Fanshawe
@Arkaine glad to see you found this thread. Added, thank you.
Oct 24, 2017
81 posts
47 upvotes
Thanks for compiling this list, Titanium!

As I'm not a student, I think I'm going to apply for the ReMax one and do the BT at 0% for 10 months, and then see what's available in June of 2019.
Jun 15, 2005
952 posts
128 upvotes
JasonTTL wrote:
Aug 1st, 2018 1:23 pm
Thanks for compiling this list, Titanium!

As I'm not a student, I think I'm going to apply for the ReMax one and do the BT at 0% for 10 months, and then see what's available in June of 2019.
Not that this changes anything for you, but you don’t need to be a student to apply for those cards.
Worst case scenario you could simply say you were planning to enrol next semester.
[OP]
May 8, 2009
8551 posts
4332 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Arkaine wrote:
Aug 1st, 2018 1:55 pm
Not that this changes anything for you, but you don’t need to be a student to apply for those cards.
Worst case scenario you could simply say you were planning to enrol next semester.
Or say you took a course there online once, etc.

I just wonder why anyone would take 1.99%/10 months offer when there are eight 0%/10 months cards in the deck, though two of them on the MBNA site.
Aug 19, 2008
21 posts
4 upvotes
Any chance they will drop down from the stated 3% fee on the amount received? That makes it a bit painful to do.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

newbiept, bubak