1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
titaniumtux wrote:
  1. you have 90 days from approval to jump on the BT intro offer
  2. Once you BT, you get 10 billing cycles
Great, thanks!

So if I receive my first statement mid-September,
then I should be good to keep my BT until July 2019, 10 months from now.
Jan 12, 2011
97 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal
Can I apply for 2 MBNA at the same time?
Like the Algonquin, then the Fanshawe? Thx!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
kayster wrote: Can I apply for 2 MBNA at the same time?
Like the Algonquin, then the Fanshawe? Thx!
Afaik no rule against. But are you running "two tabs" and wanna simulate by taking two BT cards? Why not consolidate and BT enough to cover both balances?
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Apr 16, 2007
858 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve managed to squirrel away a CL of 37,500 my BT card over the years and sad to see the 0/12 go, but 0/10 is still pretty good. Hoping they’ll give me $40k this round In Total

Anyone know how long I should wait after closing my old PP card and applying for my new one, so that it is off my credit report?

Oh BTW...I have another MBNA non-PP card Which I use to store my Unused credit limit, so that’s where it will all go when I close my PP and apply for a new one.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mark2000 wrote: I’ve managed to squirrel away a CL of 37,500 my BT card over the years and sad to see the 0/12 go, but 0/10 is still pretty good. Hoping they’ll give me $40k this round In Total

Anyone know how long I should wait after closing my old PP card and applying for my new one, so that it is off my credit report?

Oh BTW...I have another MBNA non-PP card Which I use to store my Unused credit limit, so that’s where it will all go when I close my PP and apply for a new one.
  1. you can't get a new PP card (grandfathered), so keep the one you have to wait for targetted offers
  2. apply for a 0%/10 months card any time, it's a different card
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
Here is my experience from today.

I used to re-apply each year for a new 0% BT (did it 3-4 times).
Last thursday I paid off what was left on my credit card since my BT promo was ending on September 11th.

For this year since the card is grandfathered I applied for the Remax 0%/10 months BT card.
Just to let everyone know that it seems that you must use the link's on OP's first page to get the promo. At first I went directly on MBNA's website and clicked on there Remax card and nowhere in the disclosure was it talking about the 0%/10 months BT transfer. Using the link in the first page adds the promo to the disclosure. So make sure you use the link in the first page....

I was not approved instantly after clicking apply. It told me that it was under review and could take between 10-15 days.
3 min later I received a confirmation e-mail telling me that I was approved for 10k. Sweet since usually when re applying over the years I wasnt getting a big raise on my CL. Now I will be able to transfer my CL that is on my grandfathered card to this Remax and then ask for the BT transfert...

Anyone know why the Remax card when we go directly on MBNA's website is different from the one in the OP's.

From OP: Support RE/MAX with every eligible purchase

0% promotional annual interest rate† (AIR) on balance transfers✪ for the first 10 full months
Access to 24/7 customer service
Around-the-clock-fraud protection
Immediate cash access at over 1 million ATMs worldwide
No annual fee

From MBNA's website directly:
Accelerate rewards points on common purchases!

No annual fee
1 point‡ for every $1 in eligible purchases
2 points‡ for every $1 spent on eligible gas, groceries and restaurant purchases ($5,000 annual cap on each category)
Receive 2,500 bonus points†† after your first eligible purchase within the first 90 days of account opening
Receive 2,500 bonus points†† once enrolled for e-statements within the first 90 days of account opening
Redeem points‡ for travel, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from participating retailers, cash back, and charitable donations
Standard Annual Interest Rates of 19.99% on eligible purchases, 22.99% on balance transfers✪ and access cheques, and 24.99% on cash advances
A suite of comprehensive insurance**
Last edited by Mcklain on Sep 11th, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Mcklain wrote: Here is my experience from today.

I used to re-apply each year for a new 0% BT (did it 3-4 times).
Last thursday I paid off what was left on my credit card since my BT promo was ending on September 11th.

For this year since the card is grandfathered I applied for the Remax 0%/10 months BT card.
Just to let everyone know that it seems that you must use the link's on OP's first page to get the promo. At first I went directly on MBNA's website and clicked on there Remax card and nowhere in the disclosure was it talking about the 0%/10 months BT transfer. Using the link in the first page adds the promo to the disclosure. So make sure you use the link in the first page....

I was not approved instantly after clicking apply. It told me that it was under review and could take between 10-15 days.
3 min later I received a confirmation e-mail telling me that I was approved for 10k. Sweet since usually when re applying over the years I wasnt getting a big raise on my CL. Now I will be able to transfer my CL that is on my grandfathered card to this Remax and then ask for the BT transfert...

Anyone know why the Remax card when we go directly on MBNA's website is different from the one in the OP's.

Interesting, but not surprising. My guess is we'll likely lose the 0%/10 months BT offer on Re/Max. I took the link (source code) that used to be on the official site. Now, the new link on the MBNA site shows a 2% G/G/Resto card, 1% else ($5k cap per category per year). This is indeed better than SmartCash.

Took a fair bit of time to dig up those source codes / links in OP, and I do thank those who contributed to more of them in thread.

To answer the question "WHY", the short answer is those of us who don't work for TD (including me, since I have not yet worked for TD/MBNA) are not privy to that info. My suspicion is that TD would rather offer lesser BT offers to the general public, but still keep the better BT offers at a "back pocket" through blogs, schools, and other affiliates.
Apr 16, 2007
858 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote:
  1. you can't get a new PP card (grandfathered), so keep the one you have to wait for targetted offers
  2. apply for a 0%/10 months card any time, it's a different card
Not that I doubt you’re correct, but why do the pics of the cards in the links in the OP say “platinum plus” on them? And on the application form it says “Platinum Plus”, ie. “Algonquin College Platinum Plus Mastercard”.

So you’re saying I should use my current platinum plus card to park my empty credit? I think I’m currently parking my empty credit on a smart cash (can’t remember)

I just deer that if I apply for one Of the 0/10’s, I’ll be denied because they’re PP cards in their applications and I already have a PP card.

Thanks
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11669 posts
14023 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
mark2000 wrote: Not that I doubt you’re correct, but why do the pics of the cards in the links in the OP say “platinum plus” on them? And on the application form it says “Platinum Plus”, ie. “Algonquin College Platinum Plus Mastercard”.

So you’re saying I should use my current platinum plus card to park my empty credit? I think I’m currently parking my empty credit on a smart cash (can’t remember)

I just deer that if I apply for one Of the 0/10’s, I’ll be denied because they’re PP cards in their applications and I already have a PP card.

Thanks
90% of MBNA cards are Platinum Plus.
MBNA should have given the card discussed a different name, as it’s caused so much confusion.
Just think of this card as the “0% Platinum Plus card”, while all the others are another kind of Platinum Plus, such as Smart Cash PP, Algonquin College PP etc...
No other Platinum Plus card offers 0% BT’s for 12 months.
Hopefully this clarifies things a bit bette for you.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mark2000 wrote: Not that I doubt you’re correct, but why do the pics of the cards in the links in the OP say “platinum plus” on them? And on the application form it says “Platinum Plus”, ie. “Algonquin College Platinum Plus Mastercard”.

Thanks

!=

All other MBNA cards.
Apr 16, 2007
858 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
I think I found another. And I’m actually part of this group:

Source code:
DAAM36

Does this work? I applied here and it basically
Brought me a to a screen that said application received when I submitted the application. Nothing else.
Apr 16, 2007
858 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Forget it. I was approved for $10,000. So I now have $47,500 across 3 MBNA cards.

So, can we apply for as many PP cards listed under 0/10 as we want? One algonquin, one OREA, etc? Or is it just one from each promo category.

I gusss I’ll park my empty credit on the original PP card and close the other MBNA card I’ve been keeping it on. But since most of my $47,000 in credit will be on the 0/10, there’s really not much I can do with any offers unless I get even more credit on the original PP card, right?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
Just as an update on my recent application.
I was saying that I was approved for 10k. Well that 10k aint a fresh new CL. I just logged in my old grandfathered MBNA 0% card (wich I recently paid off) and they just transfered 10k (this is not the entire CL, just a fraction of it) from that card to my new Remax card....
They didnt ask for my approval for this as well...
If I remember correctly they have already done this in the past...(I just didnt remember it before)
Oh well.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mark2000 wrote: I think I found another. And I’m actually part of this group:

Source code:
DAAM36

Does this work? I applied here and it basically
Brought me a to a screen that said application received when I submitted the application. Nothing else.
Great find! OP updated, thank you!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
Mcklain wrote: Just as an update on my recent application.
I was saying that I was approved for 10k. Well that 10k aint a fresh new CL. I just logged in my old grandfathered MBNA 0% card (wich I recently paid off) and they just transfered 10k (this is not the entire CL, just a fraction of it) from that card to my new Remax card....
They didnt ask for my approval for this as well...
If I remember correctly they have already done this in the past...(I just didnt remember it before)
Oh well.
Thanks for sharing your experience --- are you going to ask them to transfer more of your CL to the new card?
Jul 4, 2017
799 posts
309 upvotes
I missed a payment on my PP by 1 business day. Payment was due Aug. 31 and and it landed with MBNA on Sept. 4. I still have ~7 months left on my initial promo. Will I get screwed on the interest now? I heard if I call in and ask nicely they'll waive the penalty once, has anyone had experience doing that?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
John47 wrote: Thanks for sharing your experience --- are you going to ask them to transfer more of your CL to the new card?
Of course. Will probably just leave 1k in that old grandfathered card to see if new interesting offers pop up.
Apr 16, 2007
858 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Those A-holes. They also transferred away $10,000 from another card too. So I’m still at my original total CL. I didn’t get a penny more.

Listen guys, I need at advice. I now have:
MBNA Rewards card
MBNA original PP 0/12 card
Just approved for MBNA 0/10 PP Card.

I only wanna keep one card open to keep my empty credit limit on. I keep hearing about “oh, keep the grandfathered PP card open just in case you get special offers”. Special offers my eye... I don’t think this will ever happen, not anything worth it anyway. Anything without a 1% BT fee is useless. Should I just close the grandfathered PP card and use the useless MBNA Rewards card as my credit limit storage card?

Like for example I just received two offers in the mail today from MBNA. 0% interest until September 2019..WITH 3% BT FEE!!! Go f yourselves MBNA right???
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mark2000 wrote: Listen guys, I need at advice. I now have:
MBNA Rewards card
MBNA original PP 0/12 card
Just approved for MBNA 0/10 PP Card.

I only wanna keep one card open to keep my empty credit limit on. I keep hearing about “oh, keep the grandfathered PP card open just in case you get special offers”. Special offers my eye... I don’t think this will ever happen, not anything worth it anyway. Anything without a 1% BT fee is useless. Should I just close the grandfathered PP card and use the useless MBNA Rewards card as my credit limit storage card?
We don't have a clear answer. What we know...
  • minimum $500 CL on any MBNA card. Do you really have to BT up to your total MBNA CL? I think it's ok to leave $1k CL aside to park two other cards...
  • Cancel a grandfathered card and never get it back
  • You can keep churning 0%/10 months (for now...nine known cards, but Re/Max might drop out of the BT game)

Anyway, SCU TFSA is now 2.7% interest, so glad I parked 80% of my MBNA BT in there.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
Seems that alot of those offers from the links on the first page are not working anymore...

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)