Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] MBNA Mastercard:No annual Fee+ $100 gift card (Amazon.ca/Futureshop/etc.)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2013 6:57 pm
Dec 18, 2007
99 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill
did you get get the 100$ from mail or email? Well I got the credit card they say I got approve for the 100$ mail in 15 to 30 days waited 2 month now no 100$ gift from future shop
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
3597 posts
498 upvotes
BC
Applied for BT card and Amazon.ca

Thanks for signing up for RateSupermarket.ca’s Free $100 Gift Card Offer.

When can I expect my $100 gift card?
You can expect to receive your FREE $100 gift card when:

You have received approval from MBNA for your credit card, and
RateSupermarket.ca has received and confirmed your approval details
I’ve been approved - what should I do next?
Once you’ve been approved by MBNA, to help speed up the approval process, kindly provide us with the last four digits of your new credit card in your RateSupermarket.ca account:

Click here to log in to your account >
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
[OP]
Mar 22, 2012
125 posts
49 upvotes
Markham
y2dave wrote:
Mar 4th, 2013 4:48 pm
did you get get the 100$ from mail or email? Well I got the credit card they say I got approve for the 100$ mail in 15 to 30 days waited 2 month now no 100$ gift from future shop
I chose the Futureshop gift card, and i got in through email (e-gift card)
Aug 21, 2011
320 posts
56 upvotes
BT230890 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2013 9:25 pm
I chose the Futureshop gift card, and i got in through email (e-gift card)
Does this give away gift cards especially does email one has expiration? Planing to use this for PS4 or next Xbox.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
6919 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
manfrommanila wrote:
Mar 4th, 2013 9:42 pm
Does this give away gift cards especially does email one has expiration? Planing to use this for PS4 or next Xbox.
+1 I'd do it and pay for it with the card to be 0% ;)

Would it be bad for ones credit rating if you cancelled after a year?
Dec 6, 2012
211 posts
44 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Mar 4th, 2013 3:11 pm
So if they did decline you, you could just call one of their credit analysts and explain you were declined, you already have an MBNA card and just want to transfer some or all of your available credit from your current MBNA card to the card you were declined for. They'll approve it if you do that.

This seems unlikely. These sorts of balance transfer offers usually stipulate that you cannot transfer a balance from another account at the same company (in this case MBNA) as part of the promotion. I have not checked, but I assume MBNA has that stipulation as well.

However, it is possible to do as you could pay off a balance with a 3rd party resource (like a different cc, or a line of credit, or actual money). You could then transfer that debt onto the new card in order to take advantage of the promotion. You could probably even do it directly using one of the balance transfer cheques they often provide. But, if you phone them and explain what you are going to do, I'd be surprised if you weren't declined. That said, ymmv depending on how astute the person is you get on the phone.
Dec 27, 2012
490 posts
112 upvotes
Burnaby
Well I just applied.. hopefully see that FutureShop gift card shortly...
Apr 28, 2005
692 posts
79 upvotes
Thanks OP

just the right time for another free loan (well, the 1% fee)

the $100 bonus in GC is a nice touch to cancel out that 1% fee imo.
Jan 18, 2010
219 posts
16 upvotes
i'm only seeing 0 % intrest on balance transfers?

not on purchases?
Dec 2, 2008
249 posts
26 upvotes
GTA
Will MBNA call me saying I'm approved? Or am I waiting for a letter?

What's the number to contact them?
:cheesygri
Jul 5, 2004
21343 posts
1576 upvotes
hearnoevil wrote:
Mar 11th, 2013 9:17 am
i'm only seeing 0 % intrest on balance transfers?

not on purchases?
Just write yourself a cheque for your credit limit - 1%. Now you can do whatever you want with the money.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1447 posts
452 upvotes
BT230890 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2013 11:16 pm
Similar to the MBNA Mastarcard + $100 RFD rebate thread, Once again ratesupermarket.ca is having a promotion for [Smart Cash MasterCard® Credit Card] & [Platinum Plus® MasterCard® Credit Card]. immediately On approval you will recieve a $100 gift card for either Amazon.ca/Futureshop/Boston Pizza/Starbucks which you choose upon registration. According to the updated page, this promotion begins March 03, 2013 - ???

--

Option 1:
Smart Cash MasterCard® Credit Card
FREE $100 Gift Card PLUS Get up to 5% Cash Back Rewards with no annual fee!

You'll get up to 5% cash back on gas and groceries for the first 6 months (up to 2% afterwards), and up to 1% on all other purchases.

Option 2:
Platinum Plus® MasterCard® Credit Card
FREE $100 Gift Card on Approval PLUS 0% Annual Interest Rate for 12 months!

0% annual interest rate† (AIR) on balance transfers*, access cheques and deposits* for the first 12 full months.

--
I applied for the Smart Cash card a few months ago with the same promotion, and received my $100 e-gift card for Futureshop a few days after approval. Will be getting my parents and girlfriend to sign up and get those gift cards =D

http://www.ratesupermarket.ca/credit_cards/
Don't bother, I applied never got the gift card and no confirmation from the website.
Good...Good...
Jul 5, 2004
21343 posts
1576 upvotes
AdamInToronto wrote:
Mar 8th, 2013 2:18 pm
This seems unlikely. These sorts of balance transfer offers usually stipulate that you cannot transfer a balance from another account at the same company (in this case MBNA) as part of the promotion. I have not checked, but I assume MBNA has that stipulation as well.

However, it is possible to do as you could pay off a balance with a 3rd party resource (like a different cc, or a line of credit, or actual money). You could then transfer that debt onto the new card in order to take advantage of the promotion. You could probably even do it directly using one of the balance transfer cheques they often provide. But, if you phone them and explain what you are going to do, I'd be surprised if you weren't declined. That said, ymmv depending on how astute the person is you get on the phone.
This has nothing to do with the balance transfer and everything to do with getting approved if they decline you. If you already have an MBNA card and they decline you, they will approve you if you agree to take some or all of the limit of your current MBNA card and transfer it over to the new card. You can say it's unlikely if you want, but the finance forum is full of people who have done this with MBNA cards, in fact, they do it every year with a new 0% card. By the sounds of it though, it's unlikely MBNA will decline you if you already have one of their cards.
Jul 5, 2004
21343 posts
1576 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Mar 5th, 2013 5:35 pm
+1 I'd do it and pay for it with the card to be 0% ;)

Would it be bad for ones credit rating if you cancelled after a year?
No, it won't be bad for your credit provided you're not canceling all your cards after 1 year in order to get new cards. Make sure you always keep 1 credit card as your primary card. The age of your accounts is factored into your credit score. So switching cards every year is fine as long as you have at least 1 card that you keep.
Dec 6, 2012
211 posts
44 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Mar 11th, 2013 10:23 am
This has nothing to do with the balance transfer and everything to do with getting approved if they decline you. If you already have an MBNA card and they decline you, they will approve you if you agree to take some or all of the limit of your current MBNA card and transfer it over to the new card. You can say it's unlikely if you want, but the finance forum is full of people who have done this with MBNA cards, in fact, they do it every year with a new 0% card. By the sounds of it though, it's unlikely MBNA will decline you if you already have one of their cards.
Thanks for the clarification. I tend to treat the balance transfer as part of the application, which it actually is not. I'm reminded of this every time they send a few 0% transfer cheques, yet somehow it doesn't stick.

I like the idea of floating a balance from one 0% card to another, and if I can do so from one MBNA card to another, that's great!
× < >