• Feb 6th, 2024 12:20 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5634 posts
208 upvotes
Scarborough
metta2006 wrote: Can you explain this? Why is it more profitable to carry a balance an pay interest? Thanks.
More profitable to MBNA, because that is essentially free money for them..
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Jul 21, 2006
364 posts
5 upvotes
Finally received my card. Card was converted on 18th, received it on 29th. :-0
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1567 posts
1264 upvotes
jchanq wrote: Finally received my card. Card was converted on 18th, received it on 29th. :-0
Lucky you; I'm still waiting for the card I requested on the 7th. Apparently it's in the mail.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
It is now the 19th Business Day since applying and have yet to receive it.

I'm getting almost nil in rewards right now, since I had to cancel my Citi Petro with my now only current rewards card "RBC Visa Gold".

djino
"*SIGH*!!!!"
Mar 23, 2004
47727 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
djino wrote: It is now the 19th Business Day since applying and have yet to receive it.

I'm getting almost nil in rewards right now, since I had to cancel my Citi Petro with my current RBC Visa Gold.

djino
"*SIGH*!!!!"
damn, when i saw your name on the finance, i thought you would say u got it, that sucks man.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
If you didnt even get the oversized envelope today djino, I dont think you will be getting your card tomorrow
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2850 posts
501 upvotes
djino wrote: It is now the 19th Business Day since applying and have yet to receive it.

I'm getting almost nil in rewards right now, since I had to cancel my Citi Petro with my now only current rewards card "RBC Visa Gold".

djino
"*SIGH*!!!!"
Did you transfer from a previous mbna card? If so then you can use your old card and accumulate points once its converted in the mbna online site. I can't verify but I read someone posted that the points did accumulate by using his old card.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
volodyan wrote: You cannot even buy Costco gift cards as groceries - they are not sold at Metro/Dominions. Btw, does Loblaws sell different gift cards as well (besides their own)?
What I meant was that you can buy costco gift cards with rewards card, at least you get some cashback, then those costco gift cards are fully returnable for cash in-store.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
25 upvotes
JUnit wrote: Lucky you; I'm still waiting for the card I requested on the 7th. Apparently it's in the mail.
Same here. April 8, new application, still waiting.
Oct 23, 2005
223 posts
86 upvotes
Ottawa
Still waiting for the card - but that's expected as it hasn't been that long since I've applied (April 24th) - what I want to know is how did Angel find out about this card? Did MBNA mail out "invitations" to people to apply for this card? I've read throughout all the post in this thread a long time ago and don't recall anyone asking that.

crackerjack
*can't wait for the card!*
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough

djino
"*SIGH*!!!!"
I wonder if you'll get more than one card too by the end of all of it :P
Start flaming them and get some credit on your CC for your troubles :)
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Jan 21, 2008
75 posts
yodiyokun wrote: Just applied , I used the 18778627759 number although I had an existing 0% BT card. I spoke with a canadian csr, although he didnt say whether I was approved because it was well past close of biz....whatever!.

Gave me a reference number and asked me to call back for the status. If its approved, I will get the card in 3- 5 weeks. This card is getting pretty popular!.
Update to my previous post:
I initially applied april 17th, I called them back with my ref no on 21st and I was approved for 5k on the spot, I got my card on 27th. Yipee!
Dec 2, 2007
300 posts
13 upvotes
HBP wrote: You'll keep everything, CL will transfer.

You'll lose any accumulated rewards thusfar on your PRP+.
hugewallet wrote: no.

yes.
Thanks for the response guys. I just called in and converted my card. Everything transferred over to the new card INCLUDING my points that I accumulated this year. They said it will take like 2-3 weeks to receive the new card and approx. 6 weeks for my points to transfer over.

Hooray!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
casperr wrote: If you didnt even get the oversized envelope today djino, I dont think you will be getting your card tomorrow
I haven't checked the mail today (I'm at work), but didn't get anything as of yesterday.

djino
" :( "
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
Aero wrote: Did you transfer from a previous mbna card? If so then you can use your old card and accumulate points once its converted in the mbna online site. I can't verify but I read someone posted that the points did accumulate by using his old card.
I didn't transfer another account for this, I only transfered part of the credit availabe from an existing account for the Smart Cash Card.

djino
"So nope, I cant"
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
angel_wing0 wrote: he is too nice to flame mbna --*
My patience is wearing thinner as each day passes

djino
" :( "
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
pnyknights wrote: I wonder if you'll get more than one card too by the end of all of it :P
Start flaming them and get some credit on your CC for your troubles :)
I'll settle for 1 card with 50% cashback on Gas/Groceries for 6 months.
Jun 4, 2007
35 posts
I called on the 14th to have most of my PRP+ moved over to smart cash and I haven't gotten my card either. It's hard to work with 1000 credit card in the past couple of weeks as I had to pay my dentist and the last of the stuff from my bathroom reno. I wish the smart cash would come soon. When it comes I am going to ask them to merge the 2 cards since they can move the rewards now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)