Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Comp] McAfee Internet security 2013 for only $5.99 (3 PC) Hurry only first 1000 customers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2012 10:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2677 posts
290 upvotes
Alberta
Why buy it when you can download MSE for free. I use it on 3 computers at home and have never had a problem with. Been using it for 3 years.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7725 posts
2409 upvotes
McAfee? IMO they should give him a free 30-day trial in Belize! Zing!!!

Jun 19, 2010
918 posts
210 upvotes
Riverview
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 11:02 pm
Why buy it when you can download MSE for free. I use it on 3 computers at home and have never had a problem with. Been using it for 3 years.
Because it's not as robust as you think. I was using it on a system I really didn't care about, then got a FAR Kaspersky Internet Security (in the US via Staples). It found stuff MSE missed.

Yes, MSE is perhaps the best of the free, but that's all. Nod32, Norton (yes, Norton!) and Kaspersky are my 3 choices, although Kaspersky has fallen in the rankings somewhat lately.
In your pants!
Apr 15, 2010
61 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
FatWallet wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 11:13 pm
Because it's not as robust as you think. I was using it on a system I really didn't care about, then got a FAR Kaspersky Internet Security (in the US via Staples). It found stuff MSE missed.

Yes, MSE is perhaps the best of the free, but that's all. Nod32, Norton (yes, Norton!) and Kaspersky are my 3 choices, although Kaspersky has fallen in the rankings somewhat lately.
Are you sure about this? MSE was ranked as one of the top choices that caught nearly 99% of viruses out there, among the top three antivirus software out there, in an article that came out a month or so ago. Trying to find the link to it now, but regardless, you really can't go wrong with MSE to be honest. It's constantly updated and incredibly lightweight.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1235 posts
159 upvotes
Gatineau
Asherek wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:24 am
Are you sure about this? MSE was ranked as one of the top choices that caught nearly 99% of viruses out there, among the top three antivirus software out there, in an article that came out a month or so ago. Trying to find the link to it now, but regardless, you really can't go wrong with MSE to be honest. It's constantly updated and incredibly lightweight.
im using MSE as well but im not sure about the part that is among the top 3 antivirus... and every antivirus is constantly updated but I think MSE is one of the slowest to update. But since it is free I really cannot complain
Mar 10, 2003
783 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
Still on sale ! seem that this is not very popular :)
× < >