McDonald’s Mobile Order and Pay has launched in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 3:57 am
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3204 posts
957 upvotes
Edmonton
I can confirm that their Android app has also been updated to support mobile ordering.

Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
1747 posts
479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 7:14 pm
I can confirm that their Android app has also been updated to support mobile ordering.

So did you finish all that food??Winking Face
:D
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7299 posts
1493 upvotes
Edmonton
Tim Horton's app is amazing, I walked past a lineup of around 20 people to pick up my order at the pickup counter. This will be pretty good, too. Thanks for writing such an informative article, as usual. :)
Mar 7, 2011
8 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm in Vancouver, and updated my app on Android. Now I can't see my offers and can't find any location, even though I'm standing next to a McD location. I've contacted the app dev about the problem. Anyone else has this issue since the last update?
Mar 15, 2004
912 posts
135 upvotes
rocket96 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 2:12 pm
I'm in Vancouver, and updated my app on Android. Now I can't see my offers and can't find any location, even though I'm standing next to a McD location. I've contacted the app dev about the problem. Anyone else has this issue since the last update?
Same here, I get a flash of "New mobile order" screen and the Deals box over takes it and the jumping fries just keeps on jumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get to your offers by tapping on the upper left corner, the menu and select offer.
Mar 7, 2011
8 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
Nope, it says that it can't find any offer for me or nearby (location). I'm still logged in with my postal code in it.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3465 posts
937 upvotes
Moncton
So anybody pre-order successfully? Really curious. Although not curious enough to drive to Boston or Quebec City. Weird that they chose fairly large cities to test this in.

Unlike the Starbucks and Tim Hortons app, you have to be at the store to complete the order. On the plus side, you can wait outside (or in your car).

Check out this Chestnut Praline Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks:
https://starbucks.app.link/9nz33dRnJH
I’m still trying to figure out a use to posting links to drinks.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Jun 5, 2012
465 posts
342 upvotes
This only works in 3 cities right now - Edmonton, Hamilton and Quebec City if anyone is confused.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3465 posts
937 upvotes
Moncton
Used it twice this afternoon in Dieppe, New Brunswick. Almost cried. Reminds me of the first time I saw the graphic version of the World Wide Web. This is the future of restaurant service.

They were having major computer server/ network issues though. I recommend bringing something offline to read or a patient non-hungry person to talk to. Order from your table and select table service to get the full effect. Although I might start smoking so I can enjoy the curbside pickup. ;)

The order isn’t transmitted until you get there, so it is only really a time saver if you are really indecisive (or have a cooperative passenger). You can even change locations after you initially place the order.

Edit: They have skimped on testing and training. Do not attempt unless you are willing to troubleshoot and put up with total ignorance. Still cool though. Trial by fire is all.

My order went through this morning without checking in. Surprised they had access to it. They had to remake it for me when I got there.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1908 posts
960 upvotes
St. Catharines
I work about a 5 minute walk from the closest McDonalds. I used this promo, and tried the mobile ordering for the first time. Placed my order at work, then walked over. I didn't like having to enter my credit card information. Would have preferred to use Android Pay. I walked up to the mobile pickup desk and showed my phone. They said it is being made. The app then detected that I was in the drive-thru and said they would now start making it. I changed it to take out. I then had to wait 5 minutes while the dozen people in front of me were served their orders. What's the point of mobile ordering if it doesn't save you any time. At least with Tim's they usually have it ready for you.

Additionally, I only got my receipt emailed to me, with no survey link. So I have no way to give McDonalds my feedback (plus no make it a meal)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4009 posts
561 upvotes
Aurora
Newmarket and Aurora, Ontario. I saw the order option appear in my app a couple of days ago. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm assuming it's available in my area - north GTA.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9893 posts
916 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 7:14 pm

Was this a real order? If so, were you able to check out? I tried to make a rather large order (not as large as this), but the app wouldn't allow you to check out.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3204 posts
957 upvotes
Edmonton
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:32 pm
Was this a real order? If so, were you able to check out? I tried to make a rather large order (not as large as this), but the app wouldn't allow you to check out.
No, it wouldn’t let me check out with that amount.