Food & Drink

McDonald’s Mobile Order and Pay has launched in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 3:57 am
Jul 6, 2008
772 posts
171 upvotes
London
Essentially it lets you skip the lineup... good and bad...

good - food will be more hot /fresh
bad - still have to wait, its not like starbucks.. as soon as you place order.. the drink is sent through
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1984 posts
916 upvotes
Prince George
I see they have specially marked parking stalls for them to run out your mobile pickup order to your car. Now all we need are those tray holders that clip to your window and we’re back to the good old days of the A&W drive ins.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
1125 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
ericlewis91 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:24 am

bad - still have to wait, its not like starbucks.. as soon as you place order.. the drink is sent through
Irrelevant. Everything is made to order now, no matter how it’s ordered. The only good thing about this is you don’t have to wait in line to order.
Jul 6, 2008
772 posts
171 upvotes
London
huthut wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:38 pm
Irrelevant. Everything is made to order now, no matter how it’s ordered. The only good thing about this is you don’t have to wait in line to order.
Im saying, if you order 10 mins prior while at home, then drove to mcdonalds to pick it up... it would sit in the bin for 10 mins
vs when the order is put through when you arrive... its not sitting in the bag/bin for 10minutes
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1124 posts
632 upvotes
ericlewis91 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:24 am

You avoid the line but you still have to check in and then they make the food. I like the Timmy's app better where you can click, I'm here and then they start putting together the order.
Feb 11, 2002
536 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
Ugh, there is so many issues with McDonalds lately..
Mobile order - Give me the option of placing the order immediately. Not place the order and then check in once I arrive at the restaurant. I live close to the restaurant and want to order Coffee in the morning. The restaurant I go to is a zoo meaning if I checkin in the parking lot I will be waiting another 3-5 minutes for my coffee to be made and ready (drip coffee, nothing fancy). If I was able to check in from home I couldn't care if my coffees sat for a couple minutes until I could pick them up.

The kiosk machines to order
- You can tell when you have used a machine that has recently been rebooted. Its quick to respond. Other times you feel like you're pressing everything twice or longer just to get it to register.
- They removed almost every option to mod your food from the kiosk. When they first came out I would go in and order a mcdouble, remove the mayo/mustard/ketchup and add big mac sauce (mini big mac). Hell they even had the option at the bottom with a button that said "big mac style". Now the only option for the majority of items is to remove existing ingredients. There is hardly any options to add anything (hell charge me but allow me to make the mod). Not sure why they removed everything as it was great before. Now its useless and you are forced to go to the counter to place a customized order.
- When ordering coffee through the kiosk there is no option to tell them you have a re-usable mug. You have to place the order and then walk up trying to get whoever is making your coffee's attention as they actively ignore you to give them the mug.
- On the topic of coffee McDonalds has decided to place their loyalty program directly onto the disposable cups. They have a card and a single sticker. Fill the card with 7 stickers and you can get a medium coffee. The problem with this is anyone with a re-useable mug is being punished or excluded from the loyalty program.
- Also (possibly just happening at the local store I go to), the person making the coffee's for anyone inside the restaurant is the same person taking walk up orders from people not wanting to use the kiosk or needing to pay with cash. This causes major issues in the morning as there is a lot of coffee orders and there can also be a lot of people walking up to place orders (meaning a backup happening). The people making coffee's also seem to always make 2-3 orders before clearing them off their screen and moving them over to the fulfillment station. Clearing each order one at a time gets people out the door with their drink a lot faster.

Sorry for the wall of text. As soon as McDonald's is done with their $1 coffee I will be going back to Tim Horton's. I much prefer the McDonalds coffee but I can be in and out of Tim Horton's with my drink in about half the time I can at McDonalds and there is always at least double the people in line at the Tim Hortons.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32103 posts
8363 upvotes
GTHA
str8jkt wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 4:00 pm
Sorry for the wall of text. As soon as McDonald's is done with their $1 coffee I will be going back to Tim Horton's. I much prefer the McDonalds coffee but I can be in and out of Tim Horton's with my drink in about half the time I can at McDonalds and there is always at least double the people in line at the Tim Hortons.
The last day was December 10th...

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mcdonald ... 0-2140575/
Feb 11, 2002
536 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
tk1000 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 4:07 pm
The last day was December 10th...

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/mcdonald ... 0-2140575/
Well I guess I found a loophole in their mobile app then. My process is just before leaving the house to go into my account with the McDonalds app and pick recent orders and just re-order what I did yesterday. I just checked and using this same process I am able to go in and "re-order" my two coffee's for only $1.00 each even right now. Hence why I didn't know the promo was over. Got my 2 coffee's for $2.10 yesterday and this morning..

Guess it doesn't re-check current prices when placing a re-order. This may be a way to get a deal on something you use a coupon on without needing the coupon for the next order?

Here is a screencap from my app just now where I can still order the coffee's for $1 each. If I go into a fresh order and pick the coffee's they come up at regular price still.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4013 posts
1160 upvotes
Moncton
Coffee still seems to be $1 here in Moncton via the app.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada