Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] $0.67 Hamburgers, $1.17 Cheeseburgers on Wed, Aug 16, 11am-7pm

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2017 10:53 am
Member
User avatar
Oct 19, 2011
384 posts
89 upvotes
hachi8 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 3:13 am
Tempted to try this. But something in the back of my mind trying to convince me McD is desperate to look for people to clear some old old meat that sat in the back of the freezer room for ages and ages. Someone please tell me that's not true.
It's not. It's all PR for their 50th anniversary. Since it will be so busy at restaurants, you'll get really fresh hamburgers.
V3rgilDMC wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 2:22 am
Has anyone seen this posted paper besides the op? This could very well be a hoax... the wording of only 3 burgers per "transaction" and the fact that you'd assume that googling August 16, 2017 McDonalds would show something about this besides RFD.

In addition... I thought McDonalds canada celebrated their 50th birthday in June. Don't get me wrong if this is real, its great... but don't get your hopes up if you show up to a McDonalds on Wednesday and get rejected.
It's not a hoax. You probably won't believe a guy from the Internet, but if you have any friends that work at MCd's, ask them about it. Employees are always some of the first to know of new promotions/sandwiches so that they aren't confused day 1. It's part of how Mcdonald's is a well-oiled machine. Imagine the annoyance if employees weren't notified in advance of new sandwiches/flurries etc, then they see them pop up as an order and don't know how to make it. Slows everything down.
Last edited by mcfart on Aug 13th, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
hachi8 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 3:13 am
Tempted to try this. But something in the back of my mind trying to convince me McD is desperate to look for people to clear some old old meat that sat in the back of the freezer room for ages and ages. Someone please tell me that's not true.
Do you know how much damage there would be if the press reported that people all over Canada were getting ill from eating at McD's on burger day? Not worth the money lost by tossing out old meat.
Member
User avatar
Oct 19, 2011
384 posts
89 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 3:28 am
Do you know how much damage there would be if the press reported that people all over Canada were getting ill from eating at McD's on burger day? Not worth the money lost by tossing out old meat.
This. It would be a PR disaster, which would counteract the positive PR of another 67 cent hamburger promotion for those who missed it the first time.
Member
Mar 24, 2016
265 posts
265 upvotes
scarborough
Pop Quiz

what is 3 Hamburgers
+ 3 Cheeseburgers

Answers is

3 Mcdoubles
Member
User avatar
Oct 19, 2011
384 posts
89 upvotes
explorer11 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 3:37 am
Pop Quiz

what is 3 Hamburgers
+ 3 Cheeseburgers

Answers is

3 Mcdoubles
Well ingredients-wise yes lol but you get extra buns ;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2006
2218 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
For the benefit of others, especially any RFDers in line ahead of me, I suspect cheeseburgers will not be 67 cents. Wording seems to leave it up to individual operators. Lucky if 77 cents, but I doubt it. My guess is discounted to 97 cents.
Last edited by beachlover on Aug 13th, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Dec 11, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
V3rgilDMC wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 2:22 am
Has anyone seen this posted paper besides the op? This could very well be a hoax... the wording of only 3 burgers per "transaction" and the fact that you'd assume that googling August 16, 2017 McDonalds would show something about this besides RFD.

In addition... I thought McDonalds canada celebrated their 50th birthday in June. Don't get me wrong if this is real, its great... but don't get your hopes up if you show up to a McDonalds on Wednesday and get rejected.
It is a bit worrying. Nobody has said anything to contradict it. I'll try to ask people I know who work there.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 19, 2005
15818 posts
570 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Anybody actually work at mcds can confirm?
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2011
1003 posts
471 upvotes
I got the picture from a friend who works at an Etobicoke location, but a second confirmed source would be great.
PSN: Freedom_G20
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1243 posts
568 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Someone should Mattie Stone this deal! :)



My stomach hurts watching this awesomeness. Afterwards swim 6 laps around the Toronto Islands and run up and down the stairs of the CN Tower. :D
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2188 posts
2985 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Confirmed with a couple of local McD managers in Edmonton that this deal is legit and happening as stated in the OP.

However, they couldn't confirm availability nationally.
Jr. Member
Oct 20, 2016
171 posts
69 upvotes
might not be so available
stores are refusing up to 73 cases of buns as they have no room to store them
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 30, 2006
7921 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 2:02 am
Ask for a double hamburger, it is $0.10 less than the McDouble.
Oh lol tanks :) didn't know.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)