Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] $1 any size McCafe coffee is back at McDonald (YMMV for now)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 1:00 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7744 posts
4337 upvotes
North York
MrMom wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2019 6:05 pm
No luck just south at Leslie & York Mills. Reg price still on the app
Yeah Leslie & York Mills is my usual as well. Had to change my normal route just for cheaper coffee.
Last edited by DragonRider on Apr 3rd, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 25, 2013
358 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Weird I was doing my mobile order and clicked the recent coffee I bought from the day before it came up at regular price. However when I went to browse for the coffee normally it was 1$
DroidKid
Dec 1, 2016
477 posts
357 upvotes
Question for the RFD community: If i buy a prepaid Visa card, can i add it to the app? Would buy the lowest ($25) and reload if possible or buy a new one if needed.

Reason being i dint trust the app security and wont enter my credit card info.
Sep 13, 2015
383 posts
206 upvotes
Markham and 401 was full price at 6am this morning.
Let's Go Buffalo
Jul 11, 2018
65 posts
30 upvotes
only were able to order using few locations in Ottawa using the app ...
If it ain't broken, open it and find out why!
Apr 22, 2010
85 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Bubblegum86 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 8:46 am
Question for the RFD community: If i buy a prepaid Visa card, can i add it to the app? Would buy the lowest ($25) and reload if possible or buy a new one if needed.

Reason being i dint trust the app security and wont enter my credit card info.
You can add it to the app, however, I would not even for a prepaid. Anecdotally, I used my Stack Mastercard (which is a prepaid Mastercard) for the McDonald's app, and like someone else mentioned in this thread, someone had a buffet at McDonald's in Quebec (while I'm in Ontario) and now I have to wait for a new card to be issued, lots of hassle.
Dec 1, 2016
477 posts
357 upvotes
Seininya wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 10:12 am
You can add it to the app, however, I would not even for a prepaid. Anecdotally, I used my Stack Mastercard (which is a prepaid Mastercard) for the McDonald's app, and like someone else mentioned in this thread, someone had a buffet at McDonald's in Quebec (while I'm in Ontario) and now I have to wait for a new card to be issued, lots of hassle.
I am talking the Vanilla Prepaid cards you can get at a gas station. App requires a name when adding a card so not sure if they will work. . Main reason for using it would be not to change all my other stuff linked to my MasterCard.
Apr 2, 2019
1 posts
I have the US version app, I assume I need to update to the Canadian version to get it? Or is it based on my profile? Anyone were able to use it in Canada with the US app?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2116 posts
1388 upvotes
St. Catharines
tiladeal wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 10:55 am
I have the US version app, I assume I need to update to the Canadian version to get it? Or is it based on my profile? Anyone were able to use it in Canada with the US app?
They are separate apps. At least on Android, you need to have separate Google accounts to download them from the Play store too.

You can't search for Canadian restaurants in the US app, and can't search for US in the Canadian app.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2829 posts
1793 upvotes
Finally. Union Station $1
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7426 posts
2492 upvotes
Toronto
Still no $1 coffee any size in Markham
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1429 posts
3749 upvotes
Pawtucket
Saw this today at the Richmond, BC location
P_20190403_184219.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1227 posts
652 upvotes
For anyone in Ottawa: every store in Kanata-Stittsville (including Walmart) except for the one at Moodie / Robertson has $1 coffee thorugh the app. AFAIK that one is owned under a different franchise owner than the rest...

I've been able to reuse the $1 SKU in my app since the promo started February, but you seem to be able to order $1 even if you didn't in previous promotions.

FWIW I was also targeted a Facebook ad for this which is how I found this thread (and it even advertises free refills, which I find weird since I thought most franchises were abolishing that perk...)
20190404_024604.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2981 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
droidkid wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 12:53 am
Weird I was doing my mobile order and clicked the recent coffee I bought from the day before it came up at regular price. However when I went to browse for the coffee normally it was 1$
That happened to me the last time this promotion ran as well.

The even weirder thing is that even long after the promotion ended, I was able to click my most recent coffee and keep getting it for $1.