Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Any Size McCafe Premium Roast Coffee $1.00 (November 13 to December 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 2:20 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3349 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:49 am
You're still sipping that watered down stuff?
Anybody have the caffeine count for McDonald’s? I don’t think any chain uses robusta coffee anymore as we’d taste it a mile away, but the coffee to water ratio is a way to play with the price. The caffeine count is higher at Starbucks compared to Tim Hortons, so that would indicated less coffee per volume at Tim Hortons (but they give you more volume per $).

This article indicates the coffee at McDonald’s is quite diluted. Not necessarily a bad thing considering our cold winters, but something to consider before returning to McDonald’s after prices return to normal (or attempting to stay awake with McDonald’s coffee).

An Xtra large at McDonald’s is 660ml, the Tim Hortons version is 678ml and a Venti at Starbucks is 591ml (in the real world, the shape of the cup will also impact how much coffee you get, as the cup is rarely filled to the rim).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nalds.html
Last edited by MonctonMan on Nov 13th, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26262 posts
6091 upvotes
GTHA
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 5:43 pm
Be sure not to exchange your free coffee stickers for $1coffee. Wait until December 11.
I always exchange for a McCafe Cappuccino or Latte
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14080 posts
2481 upvotes
Toronto
Got an XL. It lasted me the whole day. My location had no napkins. These franchisees hiding all the napkins is just ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
1785 posts
665 upvotes
GTA
whataicecream wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:07 pm
will tea be the same price? I don't drink coffee
First world problems? ;-) Not that long ago, people used to boil water at home. If you don't drink coffee why did you click on this thread? Just kidding, I'm lazy too. I will wait 5 min in line and pay $1 instead of making it at home...
May 8, 2016
234 posts
237 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:30 pm
Got an XL. It lasted me the whole day. My location had no napkins. These franchisees hiding all the napkins is just ridiculous.
You ordered a coffee, what do you need a napkin for? I've seen deadbeats fill their pockets so they can stock up for the house, classy stuff.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26262 posts
6091 upvotes
GTHA
DuDe1411 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:00 pm
is it $1 at union station?
Yes, according to @nahcmo
nahcmo wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:37 am
Just got my XL at Union Station.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15905 posts
4752 upvotes
Ottawa
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:03 pm
Anybody have the caffeine count for McDonald’s? I don’t think any chain uses robusta coffee anymore as we’d taste it a mile away, but the coffee to water ratio is a way to play with the price. The caffeine count is higher at Starbucks compared to Tim Hortons, so that would indicated less coffee per volume at Tim Hortons (but they give you more volume per $).

This article indicates the coffee at McDonald’s is quite diluted. Not necessarily a bad thing considering our cold winters, but something to consider before returning to McDonald’s after prices return to normal (or attempting to stay awake with McDonald’s coffee).

An Xtra large at McDonald’s is 660ml, the Tim Hortons version is 678ml and a Venti at Starbucks is 591ml (in the real world, the shape of the cup will also impact how much coffee you get, as the cup is rarely filled to the rim).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nalds.html
After all said and done, I'm okay paying for less coffee, as long as it taste like coffee :)
Aug 4, 2006
297 posts
84 upvotes
GTA - Gwill
Katsiki wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:14 pm
You ordered a coffee, what do you need a napkin for? I've seen deadbeats fill their pockets so they can stock up for the house, classy stuff.
Could it be to wipe one's mouth? Or one's hand when you remove the lid to get the last drop out of the cup?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1350 posts
226 upvotes
Brampton
I tasted Tims latte twice after they switched to one size and it tasted gross. Tim is going downhill.

I switched to McCafe and I'm not looking back.
Feb 4, 2011
46 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
DuDe1411 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:00 pm
is it $1 at union station?
tk1000 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:17 pm

Yes, according to @nahcmo
Yup, it was $1.05 taxes in! Got it around 6:30 am when the kiosks were free so I'm not sure how crowded it will get with this promo in place.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3349 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
I just saw a TV commercial for the $1 coffee! McDonald’s is really going all in. It was during the Daily Show right before the Apu hater showed up. Hmm, now there is a Subway commercial. And now a Dairy Queen commercial plugging their burgers.

They also have it on their website, mentioning it is 100% Arabica beans, as if there is any chain that uses robusta. https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/prom ... rewed.html

By the way, it is quite possible McDonald’s won MacLean’s web-poll because it is the most diluted coffee on the market. Just a theory based on caffeine counts.

McDonald’s USA had a similar promotion back in January. Although obviously C$1 is less than US$1.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Feb 4, 2011
46 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
Got my XL at 7:12 am today at Union Station. Not too many people at this time yet. Thumbs Up Sign

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)