Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Any Size McCafe Premium Roast Coffee $1.00 (November 13 to December 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 2:20 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1169 posts
957 upvotes
Canada
MakBarb wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:23 am
I went to get a large 2 cream coffee yesterday. It tasted like only cream with water. I guess they lost their consistent taste during promotion period. Big thumb down. You get what you paid for.
My thoughts also.I usually buy Tim Hortons coffee but I bought an xlarge with 2 cream yesterday at Mcds.I was not impressed. A couple of people here said Tim Hortons is watered down garbage. Think I will stick to my watered down garbage haha
Aug 6, 2007
730 posts
183 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Busta wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:35 am
personally speaking .. i would start drinking more coffee/tea at this price point. Thanks OP i'll definitely give them a sip or two.
Cool. Where do you see "tea" in this offer? Is "tea" on offer?
Aug 3, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
McD is known for their coffee taste consistency. No matter where you go, it always tastes the same. Not like Tim's that you can get water/super dark in two different locations. I guess this promotion just means "Watering the coffee" for McD's
Oct 6, 2006
173 posts
88 upvotes
reggielist wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:54 pm
Cool. Where do you see "tea" in this offer? Is "tea" on offer?
I was just stating how tea and coffee are so expensive that it doesnt make sense to buy them from mcdonalds/tims .... but at $1 i would.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Jun 3, 2010
772 posts
175 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MakBarb wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:23 am
I went to get a large 2 cream coffee yesterday. It tasted like only cream with water. I guess they lost their consistent taste during promotion period. Big thumb down. You get what you paid for.
I guess this is a YMMV thing. The McDs that I go to is the same. My problem is that I don't know what ration of cream and sugar I like in the Large. I usually get a medium...and XL is too big to bring into the office. Don't need to get faces staring at me as well. 8-)

Anyway, at the store I go to, the coffee has been the same so far.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8388 posts
1353 upvotes
too bad Tea isnt included, and no refills during this promo.

My morning coffee and muffin was only 20cents cheaper then normally, and no free refill in the day so its actually costing me more.
Nov 7, 2017
54 posts
30 upvotes
MakBarb wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:58 pm
McD is known for their coffee taste consistency. No matter where you go, it always tastes the same. Not like Tim's that you can get water/super dark in two different locations. I guess this promotion just means "Watering the coffee" for McD's
so far i am happy with all five locations i've been... for my double double XL. They are consistent! Love it! This $1 alone keeps me happy and going this Christmas rush!
I stop going to Tim's since this year because i only go to two locations but they are ALWAYS inconsistent. i even contacted their main location about it but nothing happened. same thing so i gave up.
Sep 1, 2006
303 posts
18 upvotes
ihacki wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:16 am
Try XL decaf, prob end up with same amt caffeine as a small or medium. Decaf != caffeine-free.

If you take the black as I usually do, save the leftovers in the fridge. The leftover cold brew isn't too bad, and you can always microwave it later.

Use a ceramic mug to microwave to reduce the bleach taste, plus you can sugar up or cream up in the mug.
I know that decaf isn't caffeine-free, but an XL decaf has way less caffeine than a small or medium coffee.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8720 posts
592 upvotes
LetsGoWings wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:34 pm
I know that decaf isn't caffeine-free, but an XL decaf has way less caffeine than a small or medium coffee.
I was always curious about that. I'm curious to see how true it is for McDonalds coffee. Did you read this somewhere by any chance? Just curious
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8312 posts
1799 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
J.C wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:50 pm
My thoughts also.I usually buy Tim Hortons coffee but I bought an xlarge with 2 cream yesterday at Mcds.I was not impressed. A couple of people here said Tim Hortons is watered down garbage. Think I will stick to my watered down garbage haha
Agreed got XL today and it was not coffee, more like water with a hint of coffee. I am going to continue going to Tim's.
Aug 8, 2004
286 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
I just got an email back from McDonalds corporate about the location outside of Billings Bridge in Ottawa (2269 Riverside) not honouring this promotion.

Apparently it’s up to the franchisee if they want to participate so beware that some locations may not honour the $1 coffee.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1696 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
mary.babycakes.jane wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:25 pm
In Ontario, I believe only GST is charged for restaurant food/drinks $4 and under, so 4 coffees would be $4.20. If you buy 5, then you would have to pay 13% HST.
Thought it was $3.99 and under
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4217 posts
431 upvotes
Mississauga
McDonald's coffee is as consistent for me as always... haven't tried during this promo period yet...

timmies is a joke... boycotted long time ago... can never get the same taste 2 times in a row... total joke...too sweet or no sweet or too watered or etc...
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3349 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
gtirsmiley wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:41 am
An XL in Mcdonalds is 24 Oz. That translates to 710 ml.
Imperial Fluid Ounce = 0.96 US Fluid Ounce.

But sizes are bigger in the USA. In Canada an XL is 660ml (22.3 US OZ, 23.2 Imperial OZ)
Source: https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/abou ... lator.html
(there is a typo for XL on the page, should be ml not g)

Large: 564ml
Medium: 442ml
Small: 292 ml

Tim Hortons Canada:
XL: 678ml
L: 563ml
M: 425ml
S: 286ml
Toronto is a very small part of Canada