Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Any Size McCafe Premium Roast Coffee $1.00 (November 13 to December 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2017 1:51 am
May 27, 2004
962 posts
195 upvotes
I'm in agreement with the last few comments.
XL is almost too big....unless you're splitting it with somebody else right away, you're better off just getting a Large.
Apr 7, 2013
92 posts
16 upvotes
Am I the only noticing that coffee is $1 but other food prices went up?

I ordered a tea and a coffee and my tea price was 40 cent more than normal after this promo started.
Nov 28, 2010
906 posts
127 upvotes
Brampton
momo325 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 6:44 am
Am I the only noticing that coffee is $1 but other food prices went up?

I ordered a tea and a coffee and my tea price was 40 cent more than normal after this promo started.
Many people have noticed the price hikes over the past year or so. There's even an ongoing thread about it
i-feel-like-mcdonalds-getting-too-expen ... #p28481940
It's not just Mcdonalds that has jacked up their prices. All fast food is super over priced now if paying regular price. $15 minimum wage increase probably doesn't help much either. The only time it seems really worth the trouble is when there's promotions and coupons
May 4, 2014
18 posts
16 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Marketing more clever this time, at least collect $1 instead Free
Sep 1, 2006
308 posts
22 upvotes
cheapjing wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 8:12 am
Marketing more clever this time, at least collect $1 instead Free
Their free promotions were for small (iirc) coffees only and if you wanted a larger size, you would pay the price difference. I think the $1 any size promotion is great.

It would be a different story if it was $1 for small coffees only, but that's not the case.
Nov 28, 2010
906 posts
127 upvotes
Brampton
Extra large not available at Eglinton yonge. Hopefully it's not for good.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3117 posts
532 upvotes
GTA
Word must be getting out now. My local McDonalds was almost unbearably busy this morning.
Jan 17, 2017
561 posts
173 upvotes
pakmode wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 11:11 am
I'm in agreement with the last few comments.
XL is almost too big....unless you're splitting it with somebody else right away, you're better off just getting a Large.
I brought an thermos to save the coffee for later :)
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3453 posts
934 upvotes
Moncton
endokuken wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 8:09 am
$15 minimum wage increase probably doesn't help much either.
Minimum wage is far from $15/hr! It is planned to be $15/hr in Alberta, but that will be in late 2018 dollars, or about 2% less than 2017 dollars thanks to inflation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_Canada
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Jun 26, 2012
47 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 8:48 am
Minimum wage is far from $15/hr! It is planned to be $15/hr in Alberta, but that will be in late 2018 dollars, or about 2% less than 2017 dollars thanks to inflation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_Canada
He was referring to Ontario where minimum wage will be $14/hour in a month and a half then up to $15 at the start of 2019
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3453 posts
934 upvotes
Moncton
Mapleaf13 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 10:46 am
start of 2019
$15 in 2019 isn’t $15 in 2017 dollars , it is less. More to the point, raising prices in advance of an increase in the minimum wage only makes sense if you lack competition or because your customers are willing to pay more, and therefore has nothing to do with the minimum wage.

What I suspect is more of an issue is the lack of tipping at McDonald’s. It is customary at Tim Hortons in most of Canada, particularly in rural areas but even in places like here in Moncton. And then you compound that competitive recruitment and retention issue with the fact that young people often don’t have cars or even driver’s licences anymore, and McDonald’s more awkward locations for pedestrian and transit using workers.

Tim Hortons recently raise Boston Cream prices in Ontario and Alberta, where people generally don’t tip. Probably not a coincidence.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2531 posts
175 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 12:21 am
$15 in 2019 isn’t $15 in 2017 dollars , it is less. More to the point, raising prices in advance of an increase in the minimum wage only makes sense if you lack competition or because your customers are willing to pay more, and therefore has nothing to do with the minimum wage.

What I suspect is more of an issue is the lack of tipping at McDonald’s. It is customary at Tim Hortons in most of Canada, particularly in rural areas but even in places like here in Moncton. And then you compound that competitive recruitment and retention issue with the fact that young people often don’t have cars or even driver’s licences anymore, and McDonald’s more awkward locations for pedestrian and transit using workers.

Tim Hortons recently raise Boston Cream prices in Ontario and Alberta, where people generally don’t tip. Probably not a coincidence.
Tipping at counter service places? Don't get me started. The electronic payments are killing the micro-tips. McD is increasing prices because they can. They have to pay for all of the new electronic kiosks somehow. If the minimum wage keeps going up as they are, inflation will steal a lot of the gains back. As a minimum wage worker, if you need to work an hour to pay lunch today, you will have to work an hour to pay for lunch in 2019.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4497 posts
773 upvotes
London
TheWongSmore wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:29 pm
I heard some where that Timmy's supplier is now supllying McDonalds. Thats why their coffee is so much better now lmao
marktang wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:17 am
I don't think so. Tim's coffee is just getting worst. I started to drink McD's coffee yrs ago and the quality has been very good most of the time.
It’s not Tim’s current supplier. It’s Tim’s former supplier before Burger King purchased them. Tim Horton’s does it in-house now to save on costs.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1431 posts
213 upvotes
mcDs coffee defo tastes better then tims but dosn't have the strong caffene kick imo
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16238 posts
4918 upvotes
Ottawa
Now I can say with 100% confidence that McDonald's coffee is definitely better than Tim Hortons.
I've pretty much been ordering one all over the city, while out and about and there's no variations in taste at all :)