Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Any Size McCafe Premium Roast Coffee $1.00 (November 13 to December 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 5:48 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14167 posts
2521 upvotes
Toronto
Location I went to yesterday said they "didn't have any XL cups". Ya sure. Also hiding all the napkins.
Oct 23, 2009
275 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I know I'm late to the party on this one, but the biggest problem with Tim's isn't the flavour......its the temperature.

I've ordered a hot coffee, not a cold coffee!

I can finish a Tims coffee by the time I've made it a block away, so why bother stopping for one at all.

They won't heat it up in the microwave as it's against company policy, and no matter how many times I ask for a fresh hot cup........it's still warmish at best.

Starbucks is stupidly over priced, so McDonald's all the way for me.
I used to look like my picture last year......then I bought a green hat! :)
Feb 25, 2002
539 posts
27 upvotes
Upper Thornhill
Just a heads up guys. The McDonald’s near yonge and Eglinton do not offer XL coffee sizes.

The good news is they do offer FREE REFILLS. :)
Bet against the consensus. “Fail hard and fail often”
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2008
1278 posts
1036 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Anyone comparing the coffee quality between McDonalds and Tim Hortons it is not even close.

McDonalds coffee is made by Lavazza (100% accurate)

Tim horton's is made by donkey urine (may not be 100% accurate, just a guess)

After drinking Tim Hortons daily for 10+ years and then switching to something of quality... it was like night and day.
Sep 6, 2017
190 posts
85 upvotes
Been to like 3 places and all don't have XL cups. how can you run out of XL cups when you do a promo $1 for any format?
Nov 28, 2010
907 posts
127 upvotes
Brampton
CivicGSR wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 8:00 am
Just a heads up guys. The McDonald’s near yonge and Eglinton do not offer XL coffee sizes.

The good news is they do offer FREE REFILLS. :)
I mentioned this earlier but now they have XL so far this week.

This location and the one on Jane Street near highway 400 is terrible when it gets busy though as waits can reach 10-15 minutes with over 20 orders in the queue.

Today was the absolute worst ever for me at the Jane and Fallstaff road location. It took 27 effing minutes to get my order after placing it and to top it off someone deleted my number from the queue after having waited 20 minutes.
Last edited by endokuken on Nov 25th, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
8545 posts
3138 upvotes
Ive had a few Xl coffees and its been a hit or miss but most times its pretty watered down compared to before this promotion.
ING Direct since the beginning!
BuyBuyBuy O Why
Jul 22, 2007
234 posts
28 upvotes
I grabbed XL this morning.

Very water down (last few have been watered down.)

I ask for 2 sugars 1 cream.
Not sure if they mess it up as they use a machine for adding cream and sugar which should be consistent.

However, there is always so much cream.
Sometimes 2 sugars taste like nothing, sometimes I ask for 3 and it will be less sweet than 2 sugars.

I will assume it's the staff, as they can't even take my simple order and I have to correct them (but they still mess it up).

Timmy has the same problem with sugar, but atleast they consistent with cream.

Watered down coffee + too much cream = doesn't taste like coffee at all
Last edited by sergers on Nov 26th, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3454 posts
935 upvotes
Moncton
dtych wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 8:04 am
McDonalds coffee is made by Lavazza (100% accurate)
Nobody “makes” coffee. They import it on the free market at auction from various locations. There is a bit of an art to blending and roasting but it isn’t exactly rocket science.

1 medium Arabica bean roast is going to taste a lot like an other medium Arabica bean roast, especially if the pot is fresh. Keep in mind tap water is the main ingredient.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Nov 28, 2010
907 posts
127 upvotes
Brampton
sergers wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 2:42 pm
I grabbed XL this morning.

Very water down (last few have been watered down.)

I ask for 2 sugars 1 cream.
Not sure if they mess it up as they use a machine for adding cream and sugar which should be consistent.

However, there is always so much cream.
Sometimes 2 sugars taste like nothing, sometimes I ask for 3 and it will be less sweet than 2 sugars.

I will assume it's the staff, as they can't even take my simple order and I have to correct them (but they still mess it up).

Timmy has the same problem with sugar, but atleast they consistent with cream.

Watered down coffee + too much cream = doesn't taste like coffee at all
I prefer to control how much cream goes into my coffee so I always ask for it on the side. Even though I get XL, I prefer I cream being 1 cream rather than the equivalent of 4 just because it's a larger cup
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1199 posts
994 upvotes
Canada
blazed16 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 9:40 am
Ive had a few Xl coffees and its been a hit or miss but most times its pretty watered down compared to before this promotion.
So very true. Reminds me of Denis Leary comedy rant on coffee haha

" I walked into a Starbucks about a year ago, I look at the kid behind the counter and I go, "Give me a regular." "A regular what?" "Coffee." "What flavor?" "Coffee flavored coffee." I'll stick that menu right up your a**, kid! Menu? Coffee doesn't need a menu, it needs a cup, that's all it needs. Maybe a saucer underneath the cup, that's it! "
Last edited by J.C on Nov 26th, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.