Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Any Size McCafe Premium Roast Coffee $1.00 (November 13 to December 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 7:40 pm
Oct 7, 2017
24 posts
21 upvotes
I’ve only tried regular (black I assume?) coffee a couple times in my life and have never enjoyed the taste. I’d love to try McD and see how it goes. Anyone recommend what to order for a “first time” drinker?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15755 posts
4660 upvotes
Ottawa
ClarkZuckerberg wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 6:59 am
I’ve only tried regular (black I assume?) coffee a couple times in my life and have never enjoyed the taste. I’d love to try McD and see how it goes. Anyone recommend what to order for a “first time” drinker?
It's just premium roast coffee. Lol
Jan 4, 2013
122 posts
19 upvotes
Always found mcdonald to be hit and miss. When their coffee is good it's probably my favorite grab and go, but when it's bad it's bad. Tim's was consistent for years but the last 6+ months they have really been inconsistent, not sure if it's the one I go to but man they seem to butcher all my coworkers coffee consistently.
Jan 5, 2008
942 posts
118 upvotes
toram23901 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:29 am
I hated those Free coffee days...a small is not enough to start my day so I still need a Medium at least. But when the store gets jammed with tons of people looking for free coffee...it just kills the efficiency of the guys behind the counter. It's not like they are very efficient to begin with....

I had always thought that if they just charged a little bit of money instead of free, it would still net McD's more people, but get rid of the free loaders who would never come back when they have to pay anyway. I am looking forward to seeing if the stores will be less of a zoo this time around.
+1.. I would always dread free coffee week and prefer this method
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1369 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa
russbarden wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:41 am
Always found mcdonald to be hit and miss. When their coffee is good it's probably my favorite grab and go, but when it's bad it's bad. Tim's was consistent for years but the last 6+ months they have really been inconsistent, not sure if it's the one I go to but man they seem to butcher all my coworkers coffee consistently.
Most people took coffee in the closest MD. The close MD is perfect place for me to buy Coffee since it's on he way to my work after I dropped my little one in morning. I found its taste pretty consistent great. Maybe you just have bad luck.

I guess MD offer an easier way to do a survey. You can send them a friendly reminder and they may fix it. It's more like a case by case exception.

btw. I like Timmy too but MD is easier for me to access and the line is not as long as Timmy , which saved me time Smiling Face With Open Mouth
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Jan 5, 2008
942 posts
118 upvotes
dattroll123 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 6:50 am
tbh, McD's coffee has been better than Timmy Ho's for quite some time. For Timmy's, their coffee is just too bland. The decision to switch to frozen donuts and to stick to their stupid leaky coffee lids for the longest time are ridiculous.
I cannot believe that more people do not freak out over this.. their lids are hands down the worst in industry and have not been changed for a hundred years !!
Sep 14, 2015
974 posts
410 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
$1 coffee deal is not bad, the free coffee deal is even better
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3122 posts
349 upvotes
Wat
I have to say Tim's coffee is very inconsistent across different restaurants. Some are decent but others taste like burnt water like some people have described.

McDonalds is consistent across the several restaurants I've tried. I've only recently started drinking McCafe and am now hooked.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15755 posts
4660 upvotes
Ottawa
ClarkZuckerberg wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:41 am
Shows how much I know about coffee!
I don't even dare to step inside a Starbucks.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
2073 posts
68 upvotes
jblade44 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:51 am
I cannot believe that more people do not freak out over this.. their lids are hands down the worst in industry and have not been changed for a hundred years !!
Woah. They've been around for that long :p

At least tims are consistent. Mcd gives me crappy coffee once in a while. But tims gives crappy coffee all the time it seems.
Jun 28, 2017
300 posts
124 upvotes
This should start today - I need a coffee STAT
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3336 posts
900 upvotes
Moncton
vkizzle wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:04 am
I don't even dare to step inside a Starbucks.
Starbucks caters to non-coffee drinkers just like McDonald's caters to non-beef eaters. Scroll down to Frappuccino® Blended Crème: https://www.starbucks.ca/menu/beverage-list . You can also use their app to study the options and even order ahead. I suggest selecting the smallest version. Keep in mind a Frap is essentially a milk shake or 2 donuts in a cup. They are mostly ordered by teenagers and fat people.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3336 posts
900 upvotes
Moncton
The order 3 times with the app get one free 2017 promo at Tim Hortons means that an extra large coffee will cost you an average of $1.57. If your free time is worth $10 an hour, then every minute you wait for that $1 coffee will cost you 17 cents. So if ou have to wait more than 9 minutes for coffee at your local McDonald's (or spend some extra minutes getting there and back), you are better off at Tim Hortons where there is theoretically no wait if you respect the ETA and chose the right mode of transportation (foot or car). With the order ahead McD app (Edmonton, Hamilton and Quebec City), they only start preparing your order after you "check in" at the restaurant. Although with the McD curb side pickup, at least you don't have to get out of your car.

This equation changes if your local McD offers table service, you have a 15 minute break and anywhere but at work is fine, you enjoy walking, you enjoy driving, you think global warming is a myth, you prefer the slightly darker medium roast coffee at McDonald's but don't like the dark roast at Tims, you are one of the few people in Canada that have a McD closer than Tims or you can't figure out how to download apps.

Also, coffee at work or home will cost you less than $1 plus tax.

If you are having an existential crises over who serves the best medium roast for your dollars, Starbucks has excellent light roast. That's what Scandinavian drink, and they drink way more coffee than Canadians so maybe they known how to drink it. :) Buy a Short (half the size of a Venti) and stick around for the free refill: $1.85. If you buy enough and you get to 125 stars before they expire (6 months), you can exchange them for a $7 sandwich. 125 stars at 2 stars per dollar is 34 $1.85 coffees. $7 sandwich/34 coffees is 20 cents per coffee. So the Venti equivalent Starbucks coffees will have cost you $1.65 each plus some wasted time lining up for the free refills.

Last edited by MonctonMan on Nov 8th, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Jan 16, 2011
366 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Gya! Instead of free small during their semi-annual brewer douche event, now they're charging a buck for any size douched brew? Will eye-ball the line on Monday and decide when to join the game.

Last time they ran this, I had 4 small black ones (1 on the way to work, plus 3 more every 2 hours or so) almost every other day at work and even grabbed a small "decaf" on the way home. Sometimes, they had sneaked in stale regular for the "decaf" order and just overdose me so I leave them alone for a day.

They may have also just hiked the coffee price : large went up from $1.88 ($1.98 w/tax) to $1.98 ($2.08 w/tax) in GTA.