Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Any Size McCafe Premium Roast Coffee $1.00 (November 13 to December 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 2:20 pm
Feb 8, 2009
63 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
BluePhirePB wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:08 am
I'm really liking these Christmas cups!
...I thought the red top cups were for Rememberance Day (poppy symbolism) not Christmas.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5547 posts
1241 upvotes
Brobie wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:17 am
...I thought the red top cups were for Rememberance Day (poppy symbolism) not Christmas.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Oh? I figured it was a Christmas motif since there's red stars on the cup too. :D
Feb 8, 2009
63 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
BluePhirePB wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:23 am
Oh? I figured it was a Christmas motif since there's red stars on the cup too. :D
My cup is the usual typical brown cup with special red top. No special cup out west....yet.
Jun 3, 2010
772 posts
175 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wiseman wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:57 am
Will the cups during this promo have the free coffee stickers?
This isn't a free coffee promo....it's a $1 any size promo. So you are still paying money for your coffee...just less money. You would still get your sticker.

Besides, on the free coffee promos of the past, you still got your sticker on the free small cup.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3176 posts
365 upvotes
Wat
toram23901 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:58 am
This isn't a free coffee promo....it's a $1 any size promo. So you are still paying money for your coffee...just less money. You would still get your sticker.

Besides, on the free coffee promos of the past, you still got your sticker on the free small cup.
Well that's awesome then. I only ask because they didn't give the coffee stickers on the Monopoly cups.

I'm a McCafe noob, thanks for bearing with me.
Jun 3, 2010
772 posts
175 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wiseman wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:10 am
Well that's awesome then. I only ask because they didn't give the coffee stickers on the Monopoly cups.

I'm a McCafe noob, thanks for bearing with me.
Yeah, for the Monopoly cups, they took away the free stickers and replaced it with "lottery" stickers. If you follow their odds, you come out ahead with Monopoly stickers. 1 in 5 will win, vs 7 cups to get a free medium McCafé.

I was lucky enough to have followed the odds, so I came out ahead with free food. Did not win anything like gift cards or cars though.
Dec 1, 2013
1 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
will888 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:17 am
Why worry about that. Simply ask for a refill. Instant gratification, it's like collecting all 7 stickers at once.
You can redeem the 7 stickers for any (hot?) McCafe beverage, so I drink my regular black coffee and redeem their more expensive fancier lattes when I want to treat myself. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14926 posts
833 upvotes
Scarborough
they gave me a christmas cup today instead of the monopoly cup
i'm pretty pissed because i specifically went there for monopoly stickers
they managed to give me stickers for the QPC i had last night which also didn't come with stickers
but they didn't give me monopoly stickers for the coffee

the coffee came with coffee stickers though
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Aug 20, 2009
183 posts
129 upvotes
toram23901 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:24 am
Yeah, for the Monopoly cups, they took away the free stickers and replaced it with "lottery" stickers. If you follow their odds, you come out ahead with Monopoly stickers. 1 in 5 will win, vs 7 cups to get a free medium McCafé.

I was lucky enough to have followed the odds, so I came out ahead with free food. Did not win anything like gift cards or cars though.
Bought over 20 cups only got 1 free muffin. Screw monopoly give me my mcafe stickers
Jan 17, 2017
528 posts
150 upvotes
RFDSimon wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:16 am
There's a few photos of the cups in the wild and it looks like they do

01.jpg 02.jpg
yea I like these cups very festive lol more importantly the coffee stickers are back!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2012
2587 posts
1142 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm a little on the fence about this, I rather enjoyed the free coffee promo. I know that many of you here had distinguished yourselves by quantity in the quest for free coffee.

While the new $1 promo isn't that bad considering you can get a larger cup, this means $1.13 in Ontario, $1.15 if you pay cash & round up to the nearest 0.05. That's $0.85 in change if you have to break a larger coin or bill. Not to mention that McD's is getting $0.02 for free on each cash transaction. I would be more on board if they had made it $0.89 so that it comes to $1 even with tax.

That being said I'll probably grab a few over the promo period as it is a superior product to the competition.
prae praesto filum clostrum
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26261 posts
6091 upvotes
GTHA
rayray13 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 4:54 am
While the new $1 promo isn't that bad considering you can get a larger cup, this means $1.13 in Ontario, $1.15 if you pay cash & round up to the nearest 0.05. That's $0.85 in change if you have to break a larger coin or bill. Not to mention that McD's is getting $0.02 for free on each cash transaction. I would be more on board if they had made it $0.89 so that it comes to $1 even with tax.
Fyi, there is no HST on prepared coffee.

"Ontario provides relief on the 8% provincial portion of the HST on specific items through a point of sale exemption."
From https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... rages.html
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13110 posts
2964 upvotes
Toronto
cyfyang wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:51 am
You can redeem the 7 stickers for any (hot?) McCafe beverage, so I drink my regular black coffee and redeem their more expensive fancier lattes when I want to treat myself. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
You get a medium coffee for 7 stickers. I drink my coffee black also. I don't want any of those sugary concoctions. I am suggesting those who feel that a large coffee for a buck is not worth it, simply drink the first cup in the restaurant and get a refill to go. That's two large coffees for a buck. Why not ask them for a handful of sugar pouches to use at home. Bargain!